Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
WHAT!? Sorry, but I have a personal gripe with anyone who says things like this. They have no appreciation of art, or something.

How many movies could you not watch more than once? Okay, maybe some low-budget television mystery, where the plotline is the only real element. But most good movies are meant to be watched multiple times.

Imagine hearing someone say this:

"I can't listen to that [song; symphony; etc]. I've already listened to it."

"I can't eat a steak. I already had a steak a few years ago."

"I can't have sex, honey. We already did that."

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hate when people don't want to watch movies a multiple time. My best friend Chris and I do enjoy going to see movies multiple times. I've seen Juno twice in the theater, he's seen in 3 times.

I try to surround myself with people who appreciate art.

Upvote 0

CoachR64

Awesome, with a side order of amazing
Jul 2, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
✟25,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can watch movies multiple times. However, if I have recently seen a movie, I would prefer to watch something different. If there is another movie out that I would like to see, I would much prefer to see the other movie than to watch the same movie again.

Coach

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, if you can't watch a movie more than once you haven't had kids. There are certain movies we have seen so many times I can quote them line for line.
True that.

I know The Little Mermaid and Cars by heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Manda_24

Saved by Grace
Jan 2, 2004
Indiana
✟19,896.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are only two or three movies that I can think of that I don't need to see again, it's more they were that bad I don't think I can sit for 2 hours watching it again more than anything. You pick up on so much more when you watch a movie more than once, like a good mystery, little things you notice really hint toward the ending that you didn't notice before.

Upvote 0

Silver-winged Flyer

I take the road less traveled
Jan 16, 2006
✟9,935.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It depends on the situation.
I hardly ever go to the cinema so if for some strange reason I went a couple of times in a short space of time than I wouldn't want to watch the same movie the second time.
If we were hiring movies and it was a movie I'd seen sometime in the past and somebody else hadn't seen it and I enjoyed it the first time then I'd be happy watching it again.

Upvote 0

Margim

Just thinking...
Apr 15, 2006
Australia
✟9,115.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Movies only deserve to be called Art in some circumstances... usually highlighted by a strong acting or directing performance.

The rest falls into the bracket of entertainment... sometimes cheap entertainment. That doesn't make it any less worth viewing more than once sometimes, but to call anything involving Arnie, Bruce Willis or Stalone Art is insulting to all those with actual creativity.

Upvote 0

latteda

You're not my nemesis
Jan 8, 2005
Southern US
✟14,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WHAT!? Sorry, but I have a personal gripe with anyone who says things like this. They have no appreciation of art, or something.

How many movies could you not watch more than once? Okay, maybe some low-budget television mystery, where the plotline is the only real element. But most good movies are meant to be watched multiple times.

Imagine hearing someone say this:

"I can't listen to that [song; symphony; etc]. I've already listened to it."

"I can't eat a steak. I already had a steak a few years ago."

"I can't have sex, honey. We already did that."
^_^

If I'm alone, I'll usually choose to watch something I haven't seen before. But if I'm with friends, watching things we've already seen is the best. Then we can quote it together and get excited about the good parts coming up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

latteda

You're not my nemesis
Jan 8, 2005
Southern US
✟14,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Movies only deserve to be called Art in some circumstances... usually highlighted by a strong acting or directing performance.

The rest falls into the bracket of entertainment... sometimes cheap entertainment. That doesn't make it any less worth viewing more than once sometimes, but to call anything involving Arnie, Bruce Willis or Stalone Art is insulting to all those with actual creativity.
Very true. Although actually it is the truly artistic movies that I don't usually want to watch over and over again. Pans Labyrinth, for example.

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran

I disagree, those are art, although not necessarily good art.

Novelty and quality do not make something art. Quality makes something good art, and so can novelty, if used well and not just as novelty for the sake of novelty. Novelty for the sake of novelty is an idea that unfortunately dominates the contemporary art world.

Upvote 0