Massachusetts
✟585,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cannot submit and be humble to God. I want to go my own way. I won't be humble and submit like I won't be humble and submit an abusive friend or one who was going in my way.
Of course, we should not submit to an abuser. But God is not abusive >

"'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.'" (Matthew 11:28-30)

And we are the ones who can abuse our own selves. We can give in to many ways of being anti-love >

worry

unforgiveness

bitterness

wrath and anger

lusts for different sorts of pleasure and control and excitement and accomplishment which do not have us deeply loving and caring with hope for any and all people

self-righteous criticism of others, looking down on wrong people instead of having compassion with hope for them

immoral stuff

Only with Jesus can we live in real love.

God is not merely about controlling us, then; but our Heavenly Father desires to change us to be like Jesus so we can share with God and please God the way Jesus pleases and shares with our Father; and with Jesus we can love the way He loves as family, and this while caring with hope for any and all people.

So, God is about sharing as family.

And so, it is wise for you not to get God and Satan mixed up.

Satan is the tyrant who accuses God of being a tyrant. And so, yes there are people who are sharing with Satan > while they might be accusing God of being an abuser and slave master, they are letting themselves be abused by Satan's unforgiveness, bitterness, frustration, stress, lusts, confusion, anger and rage and arguing, and complaining.

So, while they claim they don't want to be abused and used, they are submitting to Satan's dishonesty and abuse.

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Why can't men have God consider and execute their ways and thoughts once in a while?

Remember, He came in the flesh?

Philippians 2
"6Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross."

Romans 8
"3For what the Law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin. He thus condemned sin in the flesh,"

or even just do something trivial like an expression of art that the tyrant arbitrarily outlawed, you get punished or executed

What do you have in mind here? Hasn't the Creator allowed us to express ourselves for quite some time now?

I really think the free will, or at least the free choice, is an illusion because in the end it's just about choosing one fixed outcome over another

A lot of people misunderstand this concept and, in this way, it does become only an illusion.

True free will is a will that sees that everything the Creator has said and did is good and for the good of His Creatures. So, a freewill, is free to fall in line with His perfect will. A captive will is one that cannot grasp this truth and, therefore, is blown around with any and/or every whimsical wind.

Does God only want man to agree with GOD's way, with GOD's thoughts

The question is do you want this? Of course, the Giver of Life wants that life to see that He is a good Creator. Who would want to hide such goodness? The light makes manifest the darkness. The only type of person I can see who would want to cloud this up is a "tyrant", as you said.

Don't be your own tyrant in keeping yourself in the dark about His goodness and mercy.

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
like I won't be humble and submit an abusive friend or one who was going in my way.

I guess this is your way of saying you can't submit to God because you've decided he's abusive? I mean, take a moment to think about the logic of this comment; the one who created you and all of reality, including justice, wisdom, knowledge, and truth; it is this entity that you've decided is too bad to submit to?

I mean, that's like an ant deciding he won't eat your food because you left the room without saying goodbye.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟751,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In a basic sense, the Lord tells us to keep His commandments ( Matthew 19:16-19) and St. Paul repeats this ( Romans 13:8-10). This is the way to live life as best we can. However basic it may seem, keeping the Lord’s commandments in daily living is challenging for most of us.

The commandments are sensible and guide our conscience. These are the Lord’s commandments and see Him telling us to live by them. Much of this is just a need to be aware of what we may already be trying to do in daily life but missing the big picture. Add on practicing charity (as best you can) & prayer ( Matthew 6:1-15) most of our understanding should be complete. Life remains a major challenge of course.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
May I ask what you think about the demands that you follow the rules of the road when you drive or that your employer wants you at work at a set time and that you do what He wants you to do?

What is the difference between obeying your government or your employer or obeying God?
Honestly, there isn't as much of a difference.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good counsel given herein. We MUST make the Lord Jesus our Savior, Lord, and best Friend to be saved; obey God; find blessings and peace; and ENTER Heaven one day to be with our Creator-God and His beloved Son. Looking within self all the time is the deceit of the great "deceiver" ---Satan. Look up!

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good counsel given herein. We MUST make the Lord Jesus our Savior, Lord, and best Friend to be saved; obey God; find blessings and peace; and ENTER Heaven one day to be with our Creator-God and His beloved Son. Looking within self all the time is the deceit of the great "deceiver" ---Satan. Look up!

The only thing you “MUST” do is to do the Will Of The Father—— BELIEVE in the One He sent. Prove you Believe by RESTING in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4. Nothing But The Blood.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I cannot submit and be humble to God. I want to go my own way. I won't be humble and submit like I won't be humble and submit an abusive friend or one who was going in my way.

It's awful that makes me automatically a child of Satan. I don't want either.

Nobody ever gets to see "their" ways. The only "ways" that matter are the Lord's ways and Satan's ways.

Submit=

Salvation
Understanding
Blessed
Meekness
Innocence
Truth

God bless.

• Useful
Upvote 0