Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I cannot submit and be humble to God. I want to go my own way. I won't be humble and submit like I won't be humble and submit an abusive friend or one who was going in my way.

It's awful that makes me automatically a child of Satan. I don't want either.

Nobody ever gets to see "their" ways. The only "ways" that matter are the Lord's ways and Satan's ways.

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I cannot submit and be humble to God. I want to go my own way.

This is the carnal nature in all of us.

Romans 8
"6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s Law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the flesh cannot please God."

I won't be humble and submit l

James 4
"9Grieve, mourn, and weep. Turn your laughter to mourning, and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you."

The difference between the righteous and the unrighteous is the state of the heart.

"Cognate: 5013 tapeinóō – make (become) low, to humble. See 5011 (tapeinos).

With the believer, 5013 /tapeinóō ("show humility, true lowliness") happens by being fully dependent on the Lord – dismissing reliance upon self (self-government) and emptying carnal ego. This exalts the Lord as our all-in-all and prompts the gift of His fullness in us."
Strong's Greek: 5013. ταπεινόω (tapeinoó) -- to make low, fig. to humble

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cannot submit and be humble to God. I want to go my own way. I won't be humble and submit like I won't be humble and submit an abusive friend or one who was going in my way.

Nobody ever gets to see "their" ways. The only "ways" that matter are the Lord's ways and Satan's ways.
Camp on the cross. Learn and meditate why Jesus died for you. Once you receive that revelation, you will always want to submit out of thankfulness.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

At least you can admit your problem. Honesty is treasured by God. He will work in your life (if you ask Him) to bring you to a place where you can submit. Hint. It's not you. Lord Jesus submitted completely to God's will. If you rely on Lord Jesus to do the submitting on your behalf, you will be victorious. It helps to know that God's will is better than anything that you could possibly imagine. The problem is that it's an all or nothing deal. You can't have self will and God's will. And God is not going to change to suit you.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Depends on what you’re doing . If it’s something harmless , don’t worry about it. If it’s something harmless that takes up too much of your time like watching tv all day , then you need to devote some time to self care by dealing with responsibilities. If it’s a bad habit, you have to ask yourself how much harm it’s causing you and how beneficial it would be for you to stop . Submitting to God means doing the best for yourself because that’s what God wants . Healthful Responsible behaviors . Maybe choosing to develop a talent God had given you.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Sounds like you've got it all figured out. Yet you come here and post. I wonder why that is?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Lord's ways are AWESOME!
Christian God Cares.jpg

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is the carnal nature in all of us.

Romans 8
"6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s Law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the flesh cannot please God."

James 4
"9Grieve, mourn, and weep. Turn your laughter to mourning, and your joy to gloom. 10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you."

The difference between the righteous and the unrighteous is the state of the heart.

"Cognate: 5013 tapeinóō – make (become) low, to humble. See 5011 (tapeinos).

With the believer, 5013 /tapeinóō ("show humility, true lowliness") happens by being fully dependent on the Lord – dismissing reliance upon self (self-government) and emptying carnal ego. This exalts the Lord as our all-in-all and prompts the gift of His fullness in us."
Strong's Greek: 5013. ταπεινόω (tapeinoó) -- to make low, fig. to humble

I know what everyone wants to say. That the "flesh" is bad and evil. Why did I ever want to be born then to be tested and toyed with? My entire existence amounts to weakness to God because of my "flesh" which he allowed me to be born in it's environment in the first place. Why can't men have God consider and execute their ways and thoughts once in a while? That's basically like the approach an totalitarian kind of leader will take. A totalitarian leader would establish that the doctrine of his ideology prevail and if you remain on the tyrant's "good side" of it's ideology you would prosper or even get a position of power within the ranks, but if you choose to rebel against the "correct" ideology, or even just do something trivial like an expression of art that the tyrant arbitrarily outlawed, you get punished or executed.

Explaining it away with "it's carnal" is a convenient argument. So that's it, and even if someone wanted to do something very terrible like start a global nuclear holocaust that would kill ~90% of people and cause other tragedies he could choose not to stop it because he's God? You think all of that is "goodness"? I really think the free will, or at least the free choice, is an illusion because in the end it's just about choosing one fixed outcome over another.

What is the point of God, or Satan, or anything? Does God only want man to agree with GOD's way, with GOD's thoughts. I see it as just being a slave between the two options of God and Satan. If it were up to me, I would create an afterlife with my own mind about how I want it to look like. But it feels like a trap now. Pardon my current existential angst expression.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Submitting to God's rule makes you a servant. Being a servant opens many doors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At least you can admit your problem. Honesty is treasured by God. He will work in your life (if you ask Him) to bring you to a place where you can submit. Hint. It's not you. Lord Jesus submitted completely to God's will. If you rely on Lord Jesus to do the submitting on your behalf, you will be victorious. It helps to know that God's will is better than anything that you could possibly imagine. The problem is that it's an all or nothing deal. You can't have self will and God's will. And God is not going to change to suit you.
What does that mean that I don't do the submitting but Jesus does for me?

And God is not going to change to suit me. Fine, but that also opens up other "problems" to me.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Submitting to God's rule makes you a servant. Being a servant opens doors.
Being a servant isn't necessarily great. If we held to that, most countries would still have slave owners today. :)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Being a servant isn't necessarily great. If we held to that, most countries would still have slave owners today. :)

I can't speak for the world, but I'm doing great.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I cannot submit and be humble to God.

First let me stop you right there. You can submit and be humble to God. He told all of us to do so and he wouldn't have told us to do something we're not able to do. And like others have said when you understand the character of God correctly it's not something really you have to do but get to do. But again....you can because HE SAID you can. Let's just not deceive ourselves.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
First let me stop you right there. You can submit and be humble to God. He told all of us to do so and he wouldn't have told us to do something we're not able to do. And like others have said when you understand the character of God correctly it's not something really you have to do but get to do. But again....you can because HE SAID you can. Let's just not deceive ourselves.

Maybe I'm just a little ignorant sometimes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

May I ask what you think about the demands that you follow the rules of the road when you drive or that your employer wants you at work at a set time and that you do what He wants you to do?

What is the difference between obeying your government or your employer or obeying God?

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

we become clean/whole when we reason with God, which is the very thing you are doing ...

"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
VCR is making a common mistake....He thinks it’s “ his” option as to whether or not he will become a Believer or not...... “Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw him”....The initiative belongs to God— NOT to any individual......One needs to hear the Gospel and BELIEVE it.Nothing else matters . “ The Gospel is Foolishness to those that perish”.......Until the Holy Spirit pays VCR a visit and “ opens his heart” to the Truth Of The Gospel, He will continue to be “ blinded by Satan” as most of the World’s population is....
Jesus said that there were four types of “ soil” or Hearts.Three types of soil don’t make it — only the “ good soil” does. I used to be an Agnostic, but I had enough sense to know that I could be wrong.Damned wrong! Literally! I asked God to make me “ good soil” and He did.Maybe VCR should do what worked for me.....just in case he is wrong......and he is.....Trust me....

Upvote 0

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟96,000.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot submit and be humble to God.

Man, how you'll be wishing you would have done so when you stand before Him.

When you finally meet Him and see His power and how He is surrounded with so much goodness and wonder and millions upon millions of hosts and how the whole universe is in His grip, you will be like "what's wrong with me, why did I think I was such a master of life to manage it by myself boastfully?"

At that stage, there will be no asking for forgiveness and willing submission. It will be too late. You had your chance.

Because these are the days of freedom and grace. We are free to make any choice we wish. Either to do His will or not. If we don't, then this short, dark life we have now is all we get. He allows us to live according to our choices in this life, and we are free to be boastful, unwilling and disobedient to Him. But then we have no portion in the true and real life to come. Just the mild "enjoyment" of this world now - which ain't great!

I hope you change your mind one day, before you lose the chance to. His will may seem heavy to you but it's really not and it's actually a joy as His Spirit guides and empowers you to change according to the way of righteousness.

Love & Shalom

• Agree
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
What does that mean that I don't do the submitting but Jesus does for me?

And God is not going to change to suit me. Fine, but that also opens up other "problems" to me.
If you are born again, then Christ is your life. The reason why Lord Jesus came to be our life is that we are not able to please God from out of the life we received from Adam. The great apostle Paul describes his personal battle in Romans 7. If you will ask Lord Jesus to be your life instead of you, things will change. You will no longer struggle to be the person that God requires (in your case, submissive). You will find that it is easier and easier as you go on. This principle applies to any weakness that you consider you have. Who can avoid pride? Lord Jesus is humble. Let Him be your humility. Or whatever other need you may have.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0