• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Can't Control My Guilt. Please Help

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was a list of sins I had committed and I ask Lord Jesus to please forgive me for them.

Greatest you done that!

Now leave all these sins there with Jesus, burn the list, get rid of it, and hold onto forgiveness. Each time you feel guilty you say to yourself i have been forgiven by Jesus. Just keep doing that when under attack of past sins. You can tell the Lord all about your guilt and shame as well, just pour it all out and let Him take it away from you.

Jesus is an awesome Saviour.

Upvote 0

Aquatic Waves

Mar 31, 2019
USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Greatest you done that!

Now leave all these sins there with Jesus, burn the list, get rid of it, and hold onto forgiveness. Each time you feel guilty you say to yourself i have been forgiven by Jesus. Just keep doing that when under attack of past sins. You can tell the Lord all about your guilt and shame as well, just pour it all out and let Him take it away from you.

Jesus is an awesome Saviour.

There is much more sins that I have committed. And I hate to say. They were really terrible. I know I cant change my past for what I done but the memories are still there

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is much more sins that I have committed. And I hate to say. They were really terrible. I know I cant change my past for what I done but the memories are still there

Bring all sin to Jesus, no matter how many times you have to do that. He is always ready to forgive you and safe you from your sins. Keep writing lists if you must. Get it all out in the open. Let truth be truth even if your truth is ugly now Jesus will make you beautiful again.

Yes i know bad memories stay but how we respond to them changes. Before i met Jesus my sins accused me and made me feel really bad, like they do with you. Then after i met Jesus i began to become thankful because He took the burden of sins away and set me free from guilt and shame. So now when the memories of past sins come up i thank The Lord thankfully and joyfully for salvation - each time again.

Honest life with Jesus is far better than without. Do commit your life into His care and let His loving truth guide you daily.

:hug:

Upvote 0