• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I cannot believe how remarkably easy it is for...

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Glaucus, Jan 13, 2018 at 5:42 PM.

1. Glaucus

Glaucus The Lay Monk

+152
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The Jesus Prayer to quickly and completely erase impure thoughts. I have read a lot about how the thoughts can come during prayer, especially this prayer, but I have found that if I am having impure thoughts and temptations, repeating the Jesus Prayer overcomes and defeats them, and returns me to a state of peace.

That there is so much power and theology behind the Jesus Prayer is so joyous to me that it causes me butterflies. I truly love the communion with God that it brings.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+5,286
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    may it continue to bear good fruit!

3. YCGP

YCGP Active Member

+95
    Canada
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Glad it is working for you.

I have been praying it for a little while and it helps me, as you said, deal with impure thoughts. Also, it is great for staying in the present.

A recent discussion on TAW warned of praying the Jesus Prayer in the wrong way...

You may want to check with your priest. Mine told me to pray it ceaselessly, which was not the same as the suggested use here.

Respect to everyone, and I will trust my SF.

+++

4. Shoetoyou

Shoetoyou Forgiven Sinner Supporter

+1,420
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I have found it of great benefit, though I am just a beginner in its use.

5. Another Lazarus

Another Lazarus Old Newbie

+969
    Christian
    Married