Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It all depends on what sort of change we're talking about. A bunch of new faithful cardinals and bishops to replace the compromised ones? Great. Bring it on. Such change would be wonderful. And actually, until that happens I'm not excited about talk of ANY other sort of change. That would be moving the deck chairs on the Titanic. Not what we need right now.

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well i have heard that the synod is expected to permit the blessings of homosexual unions or permit Gay marriage. This maybr a long shot but at this point i think anything is possible. I wonder if this is what pope francis is refering to especially along side his comments of not being affraid to decend into hell.

If this rumour is true can you imagine the shock waves, i think this would definitly lead to a schism.

However i have no idea if we would ever get to hear about it as i have also heard the results of the synod is going to be kept private

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Well i have heard that the synod is expected to permit the blessings of homosexual unions or permit Gay marriage. This maybr a long shot but at this point i think anything is possible. I wonder if this is what pope francis is refering to especially along side his comments of not being affraid to decend into hell.

If this rumour is true can you imagine the shock waves, i think this would definitly lead to a schism.

However i have no idea if we would ever get to hear about it as i have also heard the results of the synod is going to be kept private

How is this schismatic group going to defend turning their back on the infallible bishop of Rome?

Its highly understandable if they do but theologically it leaves some kind of a vacuum in the theology of those entering schism.

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How is this schismatic group going to defend turning their back on the infallible bishop of Rome?

Its highly understandable if they do but theologically it leaves some kind of a vacuum in the theology of those entering schism.

A number of ways, but i dont want to discuss them as i dont wish to violate any of the rules

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
A number of ways, but i dont want to discuss them as i dont wish to violate any of the rules

Pointing at the St. Gallen conspiracy ?:scratch:

Reactions: The Grouch
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

If the results of the synod are private, then they are binding on nobody. That might be the best possible result anyway. What I expect is that there will be an Apostolic Exhortation or something from pope Francis that will have 'ambiguities' which will allow who knows what and be about as dead a letter as Amoris Latitia.

But then anything is possible. Francis seems to want change (kind of like Obama was the 'hope' and 'change' president) and we will pray that the change we eventually get is in a more faithful direction.

Reactions: The Grouch
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Since you have been in schism with the Catholic Church for about a thousand years, and now have a brand new schism, are you giving pointers on schism to us? We want to preserve the teaching we have and we want to preserve unity. We think maybe Jesus Christ would like us to do that too. We may not know how to do that, but at least we would like to try.

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pointing at the St. Gallen conspiracy ?:scratch:

I will put it like this, there maybe certain cardinals and bishops who by their actions or words may have under canon law excommunicated themselves. There were provisions made by the church many yrs ago to allow the appointment of a pope outside of rome should the need arise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums