Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A few weeks ago, Milei made public a letter he wrote to Pope Francis inviting him to visit Argentina.

Pope Francis confirmed that he will meet with the president of Argentina, Javier Milei, who will be attending the canonization of Blessed María Antonia of St. Joseph — also known as Mama Antula — the first Argentine female saint, to be held Feb. 11 in Rome.

In this context, the Holy Father said he was “ready to start a dialogue” with the president of his native country and assured that he wasn’t offended by the insults that Milei had hurled against him before he was elected president. “Words during the election campaign come and go,” the pope downplayed.

Regarding Milei’s visit to the Vatican, the pontiff said: “On Feb. 11, the canonization of ‘Mama Antula,’ founder of the House of Spiritual Exercises of Buenos Aires, will take place. Before canonizations it is customary to greet the authorities in the sacristy.”

“And then I learn that he asked me for a meeting: I accepted, and so we’ll be seeing each other. And I am willing to start a dialogue, talking and listening, with him. As with everyone,” the pope explained.

Continued below.