Visit site
✟174,547.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ikr? Yet the same word "many" is used of the mansions in his Fathers house. The only way I can see the same word used for both scenarios - those lost, and those saved - is 50/50.

"But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it"
(Mt 7:14). "Only a few" is certainly not 50%. When you see the word "many" you can't assume that "many" in one context describes the same amount as "many" in another context.

When Jesus says "there are many mansions in my Father's house" it means there are enough mansions for everyone who makes it to heaven.
When it says "many are chosen but only a few a called" it means that the amount of people making it to heaven is small compared to the total amount of people.

In other words, as an example: 90% (many) are on the broad road and 10% (few) on the narrow road, while those 10% are still a total of 1,000,000 people (many mansions).

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In other words, as an example: 90% (many) are on the broad road and 10% (few) on the narrow road, while those 10% are still a total of 1,000,000 people (many mansions).

I get the point several of you have made, and it's valid. But you still have the 1/2 thieves on the cross & virgins parable ratios. I still find that interesting. I also question whether the Lord would be satisfied with 10%, but maybe so since I believe he would have offered himself just for 1 -

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Isaiah 53:11

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Another way to look at the parable of the wedding guest, many people are clothed with wedding garments. Only one person is ejected. Those who were invited seem ordinary enough. The prostitutes and tax collectors enter in before (the pharisees/ religious peoples)

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,547.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I get the point several of you have made, and it's valid. But you still have the 1/2 thieves on the cross & virgins parable ratios. I still find that interesting. I also question whether the Lord would be satisfied with 10%, but maybe so since I believe he would have offered himself just for 1 -

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Isaiah 53:11

Today about 29% of the world's population count themselves as Christians. The number is growing so we have to expect less than that in the past. Of those 29% we know that many describe themselves as Christians who neither obey God nor seek a relationship with Him. I really have trouble getting even near 50% in any way.

If God wanted to save as many as possible he'd easily be able to save everyone. But as Paul says the evil serves a purpose - to glorify God and to show his power, his holiness and grace. We don't know how many God will save in the end, but it won't be the majority.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We don't know how many God will save in the end, but it won't be the majority

Then Hell would have a great victory over God if that's the case.

I just can't believe that to be the case, personally

• Agree
Reactions: Hmm
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,547.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then Hell would have a great victory over God if that's the case.

I just can't believe that to be the case, personally

Hell is a place and can't be victorious. The devil's aim is to be God, to be the ruler. God will throw him into the lake of fire for all eternity so the devil won't be victorious either. The devil's aim is not getting as many people into hell as possible. That only a few are saved doesn't give the devil victory.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where does it say that in the Bible?

The devil is here to steal (souls) kill and destroy and lead astray as many as possible.

What do you think Satan's aim is then, if not to corrupt and destroy souls here on earth? Thanks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,547.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is God's hand not mighty enough to save the bulk of His creation?

Mighty enough? Certainly. That's why I said "if God wanted to save everyone he'd certainly be able to". Is it God's goal to save the "bulk of His creation"? The Bible says no. God never intended to save the majority.

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,547.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The devil is here to steal (sould) kill and destroy and lead astray as many as possible.

What do you think Satan's aim is then, if not to corrupt and destroy souls here on earth? Thanks

Satan wants power. He wants to rule over people instead of God. I don't think in hell is anyone ruling, they'll all suffer the same. Devil got no power = loses.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Satan wants power

Yes and no kidding. He wants to be the ruler over all Christ-rejecting souls. He will succeed for a moment, and then spend eternity in the lake. So yes, obviously leading people away from Christ is his mission here, in addition to usurping worship from God. He has more than one objective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe a majority of professing Christians will be saved. That's the God I worship. One who is merciful and not wanting any, be they believers or no, to perish. Not a God who will break the bruised reeds and trample the smoldering flax.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I wrote this about 15 years ago and still believe it.

Years of reading the bible has raised questions inside of me if I am going to heaven when I die. For instance look at this in Luke 13:

23Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, 24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

That makes me wonder if most Christians are lost. Jesus says many will seek to enter in. I would believe this is Christians because non believers are not seeking to get in.

And what about this one in Matthew 22:
2The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 3And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
This has to be the church because they are bidden. Why couldn't they come?

5But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:8Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. 9Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. 10So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
To me it sounds like the church was not worthy for the marriage supper of the Lamb after all, so he went outside of the church and invited non Christians to the marriage. Am I understanding this correctly?
Almost reminds me of the last will come first and first will come last scripture.

Here is another one that troubles me. Matthew 7:
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
They prophesied in his name and cast out devils and many wonderful works. Isn't this the Fathers will? Or maybe they were doing it for their own ego. What is the Fathers will and how do we do it? Do they teach this in church?

No, there are many non-Christians that will be there----Christians are technically those who follow Christ. All those that existed before Christ came to earth that had accepted the one God of this earth without having the human Christ to follow. Christ was still leading all of them, but they did not know Him as Christ, the Son of God. Nothing states that even Adam and Eve knew it was Christ. All the pre-flood people who never heard His name yet were led of God and died before the flood. All those that followed His voice without knowing His name will be there. All those after the flood that still did not know His name but followed His voice will be there. There may be more of them than Christians who do.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe a majority of professing Christians will be saved. That's the God I worship. One who is merciful and not wanting any, be they believers or no, to perish. Not a God who will break the bruised reeds and trample the smoldering flax.

I find myself wishing that the voices of the seven thunders in Rev 10, which will complete the mystery of God when revealed what they say, are the seven churches asking God for mercy on all of mankind.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wrote this about 15 years ago and still believe it.

Years of reading the bible has raised questions inside of me if I am going to heaven when I die. For instance look at this in Luke 13:

23Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, 24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

That makes me wonder if most Christians are lost. Jesus says many will seek to enter in. I would believe this is Christians because non believers are not seeking to get in.

And what about this one in Matthew 22:
2The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 3And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
This has to be the church because they are bidden. Why couldn't they come?

5But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:8Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. 9Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. 10So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
To me it sounds like the church was not worthy for the marriage supper of the Lamb after all, so he went outside of the church and invited non Christians to the marriage. Am I understanding this correctly?
Almost reminds me of the last will come first and first will come last scripture.

Here is another one that troubles me. Matthew 7:
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
They prophesied in his name and cast out devils and many wonderful works. Isn't this the Fathers will? Or maybe they were doing it for their own ego. What is the Fathers will and how do we do it? Do they teach this in church?

Check out this video, brother.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Abraham is the Father of all who have faith...

Look at the promise made to him.

17I will surely bless you, and I will multiply your descendants like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will possess the gates of their enemies.18And through your offspring all nations of the earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”

Heb 11:
12And so from one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore. 13All these people died in faith.

Upvote 0