Roy Taylor

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.
Apr 15, 2020
Harrisburg
Visit site
✟24,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I wrote this about 15 years ago and still believe it.

Years of reading the bible has raised questions inside of me if I am going to heaven when I die. For instance look at this in Luke 13:

23Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, 24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

That makes me wonder if most Christians are lost. Jesus says many will seek to enter in. I would believe this is Christians because non believers are not seeking to get in.

And what about this one in Matthew 22:
2The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 3And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
This has to be the church because they are bidden. Why couldn't they come?

5But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:8Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. 9Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. 10So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
To me it sounds like the church was not worthy for the marriage supper of the Lamb after all, so he went outside of the church and invited non Christians to the marriage. Am I understanding this correctly?
Almost reminds me of the last will come first and first will come last scripture.

Here is another one that troubles me. Matthew 7:
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
They prophesied in his name and cast out devils and many wonderful works. Isn't this the Fathers will? Or maybe they were doing it for their own ego. What is the Fathers will and how do we do it? Do they teach this in church?

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The way to Eternal Life is a narrow path, so narrow there is only one way. And that way is through faith in Jesus for Gods free gift of Eternal Life, believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah from the prophecies of The Tanakh and trust in The Messiah for Eternal Life.

The person who does not make it is one who seeks to enter by their actions.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 7:

9After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands;
10and they cry out with a loud voice, saying,
“Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.” 11And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12saying,
“Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen.”

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wrote this about 15 years ago and still believe it.

Years of reading the bible has raised questions inside of me if I am going to heaven when I die. For instance look at this in Luke 13:

23Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, 24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

That makes me wonder if most Christians are lost. Jesus says many will seek to enter in. I would believe this is Christians because non believers are not seeking to get in.

2The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 3And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

5But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:8Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. 9Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. 10So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
To me it sounds like the church was not worthy for the marriage supper of the Lamb after all, so he went outside of the church and invited non Christians to the marriage. Am I understanding this correctly?
Almost reminds me of the last will come first and first will come last scripture.

Here is another one that troubles me. Matthew 7:
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
They prophesied in his name and cast out devils and many wonderful works. Isn't this the Fathers will? Or maybe they were doing it for their own ego. What is the Fathers will and how do we do it? Do they teach this in church?
I think you are right. I normally attend a church until it bothers my conscience to tithe support. And then move on.

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟173,491.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What's a real Christian?

There are "Christians" who don't believe that the Bible is God's word, who pick and choose from it what they like.
There are "Christians" who think they can keep living in sin and debauchery because "Jesus died for their sinful lifestyle".

Many so-called "Christians" will have a rude awakening when Jesus returns, but those who have a real relationship with Jesus and who are led by the Holy Spirit in obedience are the ones entering the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Your post is not really about Christians, but those who thought they were, and I agree with you.

Im afraid many of those will be OSASr's. They thought they could work iniquity and still get to heaven, because they had faith alone. Which was really a completely empty or dead faith, or no faith at all, because they had convinced themselves that faith did not have to include listenig to, or being obedeint to the very Christ they claimed to have faith in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Those who judge without mercy are judged without mercy. So if most people are not saved in your judgment, you're probably not going to be saved either.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im afraid many of those will be OSASr's. They thought they could work iniquity and still get to heaven, because they had faith alone.

While this may seem to be the case in theory I meet very few OSAS folks that think and act as you describe.

• Agree
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While this may seem to be the case in theory I meet very few OSAS folks that think and act as you describe.

I didnt get into that, I only know some OSASr`s here claim they can do as they please, and considering the fact I've known some personally that live like the devil, I will assume some here do the same. That is the very reason they like their license to sin religion and will fight tooth and nail with some of the most dishonest of means, in order to defend it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didnt get into that, I only know some OSASr`s here claim they can do as they please, and considering the fact I've known some personally that live like the devil, I will assume some here do the same. That is the very reason they like their license to sin religion and will fight tooth and nail with some iif the most dishonest of means, in order to defend it.

Forgive me if I am wrong but folks like you describe have never really known Him...

When you genuinely meet Him he replaces the heart of stone with a heart towards Him and His ways. Good fruit results...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The ones that were bidden was Israel, as scripture says his own rejected him.

I don't think we can really guess at the numbers that make it, but someone once pointed out there were 2 on the crosses on either side of Christ and 1 made it. There were 10 virgins, and 5 made it. Many will seek to enter but will not be able, yet many mansions in the Fathers house. Almost seems like a 50-50 ratio.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ones that were bidden was Israel, as scripture says his own rejected him.

I don't think we can really guess at the numbers that make it, but someone once pointed out there were 2 on the crosses on either side of Christ and 1 made it. There were 10 virgins, and 5 made it. Many will seek to enter but will not be able, yet many mansions in the Fathers house. Almost seems like a 50-50 ratio.

To be fair - many are called and few are chosen does not sound like 50/50.

• Agree
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To be fair - many are called and few are chosen does not sound like 50/50.

ikr? Yet the same word "many" is used of the mansions in his Fathers house. The only way I can see the same word used for both scenarios - those lost, and those saved - is 50/50.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Forgive me if I am wrong but folks like you describe have never really known Him...

When you genuinely meet Him he replaces the heart of stone with a heart towards Him and His ways. Good fruit results...

Been through the "They were never saved in the first place" thing several times here and still haven't changed my mind in that we have no idea if they were saved or not, never saved, saved and fell away, or what.

That, as a catch all for Christians who act badly, simply never worked for me.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0