STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A multitude came out of Egypt. Only 2 of them made it to the promise land. Not sure how many were in the old world but only Noah and his family made it to the new world. Not sure how many were in Sodom, Gomorrah, and the other cities destroyed by God but only Lot and his 2 daughters lived.
Many are called. (Would people attending church and say they believe in God be the called?) Few are chosen. Few is not many.

After I posted that, I thought of other examples from Luke 17: Two will be in the field, one taken one left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill, one taken one left. There shall be two men in one bed, one taken one left.

"Few is not many". I know, right? But there's many mansions in his Fathers house. It's a relative term, so what these things mean we'll only know some day!

Upvote 0

Roy Taylor

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.
Apr 15, 2020
Harrisburg
Visit site
✟24,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe a majority of professing Christians will be saved. That's the God I worship. One who is merciful and not wanting any, be they believers or no, to perish. Not a God who will break the bruised reeds and trample the smoldering flax.
See people this is a good example of why it is important to read your bible. The more time you spend in the light the more light you will see. You can't just make up in your head what you think or want God to be. You have to go by what the BIBLE/The WORD of GOD/The Truth says. If you only pick and choose the good scriptures that will bless your flesh, you are ignoring the scriptures of repentance, fear of God, sanctification and fighting in the Spiritual war. You are ignoring the scriptures that will save your souls and your families.

Upvote 0

Roy Taylor

Apr 15, 2020
Harrisburg
Visit site
✟24,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We can only hope that you are wrong or else many on this website will be sadly disappointed when they die.
Well I do hope I am wrong. I have to go by what the Bible says though. And if I am wrong, looks like I will make it into heaven. But if many people on this forum who appear to be on the wide road, who have pleasure in unrighteousness, who are a friend of the world which is an enemy of God, who were too busy to go to the wedding feast are wrong, well then I'd hate to be in their shoes when they stand before a righteous Lord.

Upvote 0

Roy Taylor

Apr 15, 2020
Harrisburg
Visit site
✟24,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe you wrote it 55 years ago.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Yeah this is the most twisted verse and the favorite of the carnal Christian. There is more bible than John 3:16.

Upvote 0

Roy Taylor

Apr 15, 2020
Harrisburg
Visit site
✟24,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is God faithful in His promises?

If the answer is yes, then we can be confident that no one who has put their trust in Him shall ever be put to shame.

As far as the question of wheat and tares, that's not our business, that's His. He's the Judge.

-CryptoLutheran
If you are a friend of the world. You are a tare. A mental analysis of putting your trust in Jesus or believing in him with your mind won't get you into heaven. I use to believe that before I started reading the bible.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many Christians today really have the fear of the Lord?

My reading of scripture suggests we should all have it.

But my encounters with Him have given me insights into His Holiness that few seem to relate to, so who knows? Maybe I got a double dose because of my calling?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Roy Taylor

Apr 15, 2020
Harrisburg
Visit site
✟24,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This should settle the debate I read in about how many are going to heaven. Some say 50 50. Some say all. Some say a few.

Revelations 20:11. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
This should settle the debate I read in about how many are going to heaven. Some say 50 50. Some say all. Some say a few.

Revelations 20:11. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Concerning Election and the book of life, Lutherans confess thus:

"6. But the Word of God leads us to Christ, who is the Book of Life, in whom all are written and elected that are to be saved in eternity, as it is written Eph. 1:4: He hath chosen us in Him [Christ] before the foundation of the world.

7. This Christ calls to Himself all sinners and promises them rest, and He is in earnest [seriously wills] that all men should come to Him and suffer themselves to be helped, to whom He offers Himself in His Word, and wishes them to hear it and not to stop their ears or [neglect and] despise the Word. Moreover, He promises the power and working of the Holy Ghost, and divine assistance for perseverance and eternal salvation [that we may remain steadfast in the faith and attain eternal salvation].
" - Epitome of the Formula of Concord, Article XI, Affirmative Theses 6-7

Christ Himself is the book of life, and thus all who are in Him belong to Him.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Rev 7:
9After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; 10and they cry out with a loud voice, saying,
“Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "kingdom of heaven" is one of many names that the scriptures refer to as the church that Jesus set up. Other names are, The church of Christ, the church of God, the new Jerusalem, the few, Zion, the church of the first born, the church in the wilderness, the remnant, the 144,000, etc.

There is a visible church (those, of the elect, that have been revealed the truths in Christ's doctrine), and the invisible church (those of the elect that are practicing and preaching a false doctrine)

I believe that the two gates in Matt 7 and Isaiah 28:9-10 harmonize with this theory.

Isaiah 28:9-10, Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, and there a little.

When we are quickened by the sovereign grace of God, without any assistance from man, we are newborn babes is Christ and exist by the mik of the word, until we mature, by being fed the meat of the word enough to understand the doctrine of Christ.

The straight gate that only a few find, are those of the visible church that have been revealed the truths of Christ's doctrine, whose purpose is to teach those newborn babes in Christ the doctrine of Christ. and the wide gate is the invisible church (babes in Christ) who are teaching and preaching a false doctrine.

The people that go into both gates are regenerated children of God, and will be in heaven.

Are you suggesting regenerated children of God can enter both gates ? I am surprised at your answer.

Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All Christians will go to heaven. All those playing Chrisitan will not.

Your right its not enough to say the prayer, go to church every sunday, you have to walk the walk and really the walk is not as hard as many act like. Love the lord your god, love your neighbor. I realized something some years ago if you follow those two laws you can not break any of gods laws...and if you do not follow those two laws you can not get into heaven. In the parable of the good Samaritan Christ says everyone is your neighbor. Christ also says when you love your neighbor your show love for him. If basically comes down to love which should be the easiest thing to do but more often not is the hardest. I screw it up all the time. I have to pray ask god to forgive me and try again.

• Agree
Reactions: Roy Taylor
Upvote 0

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your right its not enough to say the prayer, go to church every sunday, you have to walk the walk and really the walk is not as hard as many act like. Love the lord your god, love your neighbor. I realized something some years ago if you follow those two laws you can not break any of gods laws...and if you do not follow those two laws you can not get into heaven. In the parable of the good Samaritan Christ says everyone is your neighbor. Christ also says when you love your neighbor your show love for him. If basically comes down to love which should be the easiest thing to do but more often not is the hardest. I screw it up all the time. I have to pray ask god to forgive me and try again.
You know what, it goes farther than that. You have to disconnect to the world. In other words die. Give up your life in the world. When you die to the world, you change Gods. The God of the world is satan. If you don't understand what I'm trying to say I can break it down.

• Winner
Reactions: Roy Taylor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loaves and Fishes

Dec 25, 2020
canada
✟16,843.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wrote this about 15 years ago and still believe it.

Years of reading the bible has raised questions inside of me if I am going to heaven when I die. For instance look at this in Luke 13:

23Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, 24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

That makes me wonder if most Christians are lost. Jesus says many will seek to enter in. I would believe this is Christians because non believers are not seeking to get in.

And what about this one in Matthew 22:
2The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 3And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
This has to be the church because they are bidden. Why couldn't they come?

5But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:8Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. 9Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. 10So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
To me it sounds like the church was not worthy for the marriage supper of the Lamb after all, so he went outside of the church and invited non Christians to the marriage. Am I understanding this correctly?
Almost reminds me of the last will come first and first will come last scripture.

Here is another one that troubles me. Matthew 7:
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
They prophesied in his name and cast out devils and many wonderful works. Isn't this the Fathers will? Or maybe they were doing it for their own ego. What is the Fathers will and how do we do it? Do they teach this in church?
We are not going to heaven,Jesus is coming back to earth! After the disciples watched Jesus ascend to heaven 40 days after His resurrection, the angels made an important and often overlooked statement: "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven" (Acts 1:11). Paul was inspired to explain that this event will coincide with the resurrection of the saints, who will come out of their graves, rise to meet Christ in the air (not in heaven), and will come with Christ back down to earth. "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus… For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words" (1 Thessalonians 4:14–18).
John 3:13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.
Acts 2:29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day.
Luke 11:1-4...Your kingdom come ,Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.

Upvote 0