I believe I have to worst problem of them all

L

Lindros09

How about one day you suddenly start to question the existence of God and that in itself causes you anxiety. Just thinking that God might be fake makes you anxious and you can't stop your mind form thinking even though somewhere in you you still know there is a God. This cycle just spurts more anxiety and with the doubt you don't have anything to hold on too...no God to lay your problems upon. This is my problem. I need advice I need help...I have been getting these unbelief thoughts lately and I am restless...I just want to sleep all day and not think.

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about one day you suddenly start to question the existence of God and that in itself causes you anxiety. Just thinking that God might be fake makes you anxious and you can't stop your mind form thinking even though somewhere in you you still know there is a God. This cycle just spurts more anxiety and with the doubt you don't have anything to hold on too...no God to lay your problems upon. This is my problem. I need advice I need help...I have been getting these unbelief thoughts lately and I am restless...I just want to sleep all day and not think.

You shall never know the GLORY of the LORD until you give HIM your whole heart, mind, strength, and soul. For then HE will have a MOST SPECIAL GIFT waiting for you. If you ever receive this GIFT you will never doubt again.

Have you ever heard of the HOLY SPIRIT?

steven

Upvote 0

in His shadow

Nov 29, 2010
✟15,198.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have gone through what you are currently experiencing. A friend of mine was an outside stimulus for these thoughts. I had to do-away with that friendship because, like you said it makes you extremely uncomfortable.

My honest and only suggestion would be to read the New Testament more and pray more. I just prayed for you, God bless.

Upvote 0
L

Lindros09

Steven I have and I considered myself saved. Just for one second imagine there was no God....terrible feeling isnt it. I think the enemy put that thought in me and it has been going through my mind like crazy and the feeling is agitating. I do suffer from ocd and gad though but still never had this before. I consider myself as the vessel for my family since I am the one that talks mostly to my family about God and I am always reminding them that Jesus is first. I was told perhaps that was the reason Ive been getting hit hard by the enemy.

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You know what? I've had that happen many times. The most dramatic was when it was coming up to the date of my baptism. I was constantly plagued with thoughts questioning God's existance and my belief. I now know it the enemy attacking my belief. Even people like Martin Luther went through this. So don't think there is something wrong with you. On the contrary, something is very right. You believe enough to have cause the devil concern. He can see what a great addition you are to the kingdom of God and he wants to discourage you and freak you out and steal your joy.

So, in these cases, it's time to fight back. Knock those those lies down with the truth, God's word. Even put it in "I" terms: "I do believe, Lord. Help me overcome my unbelief. I don't need to be anxious for anything. Your word says so, so I know you are going to heal this. Help me to cast all my cares on You, Jesus, because you care for me. I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, because I've put my faith in Him. This unbelief is a feeling, but it's not truth. the Holy Spirit is in me and will guide me to all truth. He who began this good work of faith in me is faithful to complete it. In Christ Jesus, I am more than an overcomer, so get behind me satan. Be gone and take your lies with you. I will never believe you."

Also, faith comes by hearing the word of God. So listen to it as much as possible. Listen to Christian music www.klove.com and http://www.solutionfm.com/

And to teachings: www.lifetoday.org/beth just click that link then click on Watch Beth and choose from dozens of great teachings.
Also another great one that will help you, a great encourgaging teaching Videos | Gateway Church

Praying for you,
A

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Greetings in The Lord,

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
God forbid
... <-----> Romans 3:3+4

If we believe not, yet he abides faithful: he cannot deny himself. <-----> 2nd Timothy 2:13

Fortunately for us, though we may doubt God...God does not doubt Himself !

Which is also why Scripture states that the faith of Christ saves us.

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. <-----> Galatians 2:16

This is telling us that we don't directly believe in God unto Salvation, but rather ( for Salvation's sake ), we believe in Jesus Christ and His unwavering faith in God.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. <-----> John 14:6

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
<-----> John 3:16+17

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
As he spake these words, many believed on him.
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
<-----> John 8:29-32

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.
Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
And he that keeps his commandments dwells in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
<-----> 1st John 3:18-24

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwells in us, and his love is perfected in us.
Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwells in him, and he in God.
<-----> John 4:12-15

See also Luke Chapter 11 esp. verse 13 Here's a link -http://www.thekjvonline.com/bible.php?book=42&chap=11

May The Lord Be Praised !

wm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Steven I have and I considered myself saved. Just for one second imagine there was no God....terrible feeling isnt it. I think the enemy put that thought in me and it has been going through my mind like crazy and the feeling is agitating. I do suffer from ocd and gad though but still never had this before. I consider myself as the vessel for my family since I am the one that talks mostly to my family about God and I am always reminding them that Jesus is first. I was told perhaps that was the reason Ive been getting hit hard by the enemy.

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

The following is ANOINTED, SAVED, or BORN AGAIN:

John
Chapter 16

13 But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.

14 He will glorify me, because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.

15 Everything that the Father has is mine; for this reason I told you that he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.

steven

Upvote 0

papaJP

Prophet
Nov 15, 2010
Kerrville, Texas
✟15,783.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This resembles depression. You need to get with someone who is on a deep spiritual walk with God and through prayer both of you should receive some insight. It would even be better if their was a small group of deep believers who could pray with you.
Satan will attack as long as you are not emersed in prayer, study, and seeking the Holy Spirit.

If you can share some more details of the actual experiences I would be more that glad to see what God gives me to help you.

Upvote 0
L

Lindros09

Guys thanks ! It seems my faith has been restored. I wept for 4 days straight and asked for God to just reveal himself to me and today he did! I felt his presence and it was undeniable.

papaJP this kinda started by me watching some videos.

Ok well before this incident happened I was tempted to look at some "atheist vs believer" videos. Something told me not to do it and I knida know why now. But then I got this thought saying "dont be scared, if you truly believe in Christ then you KnoW words would break your faith". But you see this was the enemy tempting me, he knew I wasnt in the word and on strict prayer so he took advantage of my deprived state. So there I go to see these videos and from then on It started. But now I see! Thanks again for all your prayers and advice. I hope my thread helps many.

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad you feel that your doubts have subsided, but please do not worry too much if a few thoughts or questions return. Every Christian goes through these periods. We all have times where we don't feel God's presence as tangibly as you do now. One mistake that some Christians make is to assume that they will always feel as close to God as they do at the hight of their fire for God. Much like a honeymoon in marriage, this isn't sustainable. The important thing is that you build a strong foundation in the Bible and long-term trust in God. This will give you the armor to get through the tougher periods of suffering or doubt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Satine

Life Troubleshooter
Jun 26, 2008
Visit site
✟7,774.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hear you when you mention the idea of doubting god and then feeling anxiety. But I'm also noticing you use the word 'you' a lot: '...one day you suddenly...', '...makes you anxious...', and so on.

Is this anxiety something like what you are feeling at this moment in time?

You mention the progression of this anxiety to wondering what there is to hold on to - what there is to be your anchor, effectively. Would I be right in guessing that 'anchor' is a good word for what you're talking about? I'm also getting the feeling that you derive a lot of security from the feeling of being able to put your problems to god, and not having a god there would mean there is nothing else you can do with these problems.

Please can you let me know: what do you currently do if you have a problem? Perhaps you can take me through an example.

Upvote 0
L

Lindros09

Satine heres an example:
One day I got a bad grade on my test that forced me to drop a class and that forced be to go back to school an extra semester. This hit me hard and I was all anxious and panicky instantly. Then I realized that my life rests upon God and he has everything in his hands so even if I were to take another semester it wouldn't matter because God is all I need and if that was his plan then im fine. Now what would have happened If I had no Rock I wouldn't know where to go and probably would have needed to take some meds.

Upvote 0

Satine

Life Troubleshooter
Jun 26, 2008
Visit site
✟7,774.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Aha, so you had to drop a class, and that caused you a lot of worry. From there you somehow came to the conclusion that what happens in your life depends on god. From here, you thought that whether you took another semester or not, you would still have god, and he would make the decision whether you succeeded next semester.

You're saying that if you had not been able to factor god into that equation then you would have had to have done something else, and you feel that would have been 'feel lost and take meds'.

Do you currently take meds - or is that something you feel you'd have to do only if you didn't have religious belief?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to believe that if we had God we didnt need to take meds, but who is to say that meds are not a way God helps us ut. I only take xanax when I cant feel like I can cope with it so I have come to accept that God has made things to help us out.

Sirach (Apocrypha), chapter 38

1: Honour a physician with the honor due unto him for the uses which ye may have of him: for the Lord hath created him.

2: For of the most High cometh healing, and he shall receive honour of the king.

3: The skill of the physician shall lift up his head: and in the sight of great men he shall be in admiration.

4: The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.

5: Was not the water made sweet with wood, that the virtue thereof might be known?

6: And he hath given men skill, that he might be honoured in his marvellous works.

7: With such doth he heal [men,] and taketh away their pains.

8: Of such doth the apothecary make a confection; and of his works there is no end; and from him is peace over all the earth,

9: My son, in thy sickness be not negligent: but pray unto the Lord, and he will make thee whole.

10: Leave off from sin, and order thine hands aright, and cleanse thy heart from all wickedness.

11: Give a sweet savour, and a memorial of fine flour; and make a fat offering, as not being.

12: Then give place to the physician, for the Lord hath created him: let him not go from thee, for thou hast need of him.

13: There is a time when in their hands there is good success.

14: For they shall also pray unto the Lord, that he would prosper that, which they give for ease and remedy to prolong life.

steven

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟52,720.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I used to believe that if we had God we didnt need to take meds, but who is to say that meds are not a way God helps us ut. I only take xanax when I cant feel like I can cope with it so I have come to accept that God has made things to help us out.

I also endure physical and mental anxiety, and take a xanax when needed. I have never felt bad about this and I've never felt God felt bad about it either.

Upvote 0
M

MacNeil, D.

How about one day you suddenly start to question the existence of God and that in itself causes you anxiety. ...

That's actually a very, very common issue. You won't get that impression from a Christian forum, but this question is normal in anyone's faith journey.

Few people other than St. Paul have a road to Damascus moment. For most people, faith comes as a matter of getting nudged along the path over the course of a lifetime.

So I wouldn't worry too much.

Upvote 0