• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I am worried! urgent! please ! help! help! help!

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been praying compulsively for my intrusive thoughts, that they are about asking punishments from Gods, for 1 year. I have them every 1 minute and i pray with my thoughts every 1 minute. compulsively. the same prayers.

I have asked protection from Gods, no matter what I pray, never punish me and to protect me from ocd traps and accidental prayers. I have been asking that for 1 year almost, everyday.

I decided to ask it again with different words. Due to anxiety, I worried that my intrusive thoughts may mess up my prayer, so, I foolishly decided to pray fast.

While on a rush, instead of praying

"no matter what I pray, accidentally or not, do not punish me"

I skipped the words "do not" it was a mistake of my tongue/thoughts

I freaked and said to Gods that it was a mistake and i did not mean that. I said to them that it was an accidental prayer, due to rush.

I worry because of the sentence "accidentally or not"

what if Gods accepted my accidental prayer and since I said "accidentally or not" no matter how much I say that it was accidentally, they ignore me just because of my mistake and because of my use of words "accidentally or not"

I worry if i am trapped. i cant explain it better. do you understand what i am saying? what if they are going to punish me just because I said accidentally or not? I did not want to say that. i have been so anxious not to make the mistake and i ended up making that mistake. i have been praying for a year about this and now I messed up?

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
have been praying compulsively for my intrusive thoughts

Please read the 25 tips for successfully treating your OCD

One f them says don't fight your noughts but go along with them.

Another is, don't be a black or white person accept that there are shades of gray.

Accept the reality that God will not punish you in this life.

That is all there is to say on that.

So spend time thanking God for his forgiveness of ALL your sins, for his undeserved gift of Salvation, for his adopting you into his family. Etc etc etc

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have been praying compulsively for my intrusive thoughts, that they are about asking punishments from Gods, for 1 year. I have them every 1 minute and i pray with my thoughts every 1 minute. compulsively. the same prayers.

I have asked protection from Gods, no matter what I pray, never punish me and to protect me from ocd traps and accidental prayers. I have been asking that for 1 year almost, everyday.

I decided to ask it again with different words. Due to anxiety, I worried that my intrusive thoughts may mess up my prayer, so, I foolishly decided to pray fast.

While on a rush, instead of praying

"no matter what I pray, accidentally or not, do not punish me"

I skipped the words "do not" it was a mistake of my tongue/thoughts

I freaked and said to Gods that it was a mistake and i did not mean that. I said to them that it was an accidental prayer, due to rush.

I worry because of the sentence "accidentally or not"

what if Gods accepted my accidental prayer and since I said "accidentally or not" no matter how much I say that it was accidentally, they ignore me just because of my mistake and because of my use of words "accidentally or not"

I worry if i am trapped. i cant explain it better. do you understand what i am saying? what if they are going to punish me just because I said accidentally or not? I did not want to say that. i have been so anxious not to make the mistake and i ended up making that mistake. i have been praying for a year about this and now I messed up?
God knows the intent of your heart, He knows what you intended to say, and He is a kind and generous Father
Matthew 7:11 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Edgy

Jun 4, 2020
USA
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry that you are going through this. I have dealt with OCD, and it is terrible, but God has brought me through it. It sounds like you have gotten yourself into a trap by trying to avoid one, which happens.

Just making sure... You say gods plural as in more than one, so I have to ask, are you a Christian? If not, I don't believe my advice will help you. I believe there is only one God. If you are not a Christian, and want to be one there are many resources available to help.

A few things
1.) Know that God is good: He is not out to destroy you, but to help you. He wants to give you a stable mind.
2.) God cares about you and is powerful to save.
3.) He is all knowing
4.) If He is good, caring, all powerful, and is all knowing, then trust Him.
I went through something similar. Even if your poisened OCD mind curses God, He will save you. God will not damn someone who loves Him and seeks his will. You are more than your thoughts, and God knows this.

Let the will of God be done. Read Bible. Let your thoughts go. If you think something bad, it's OK. God sees beyond your thoughts to the heart. Be at peace. Seek to love Him with all of your heart. You will be fine.

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟143,890.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry that you are going through this. I have dealt with OCD, and it is terrible, but God has brought me through it. It sounds like you have gotten yourself into a trap by trying to avoid one, which happens.

Just making sure... You say gods plural as in more than one, so I have to ask, are you a Christian? If not, I don't believe my advice will help you. I believe there is only one God. If you are not a Christian, and want to be one there are many resources available to help.

A few things
1.) Know that God is good: He is not out to destroy you, but to help you. He wants to give you a stable mind.
2.) God cares about you and is powerful to save.
3.) He is all knowing
4.) If He is good, caring, all powerful, and is all knowing, then trust Him.
I went through something similar. Even if your poisened OCD mind curses God, He will save you. God will not damn someone who loves Him and seeks his will. You are more than your thoughts, and God knows this.

Let the will of God be done. Read Bible. Let your thoughts go. If you think something bad, it's OK. God sees beyond your thoughts to the heart. Be at peace. Seek to love Him with all of your heart. You will be fine.
He doesn't seem to read these replies as he keeps making new threads. I hope he gets help though.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom

So if you had a child would you brow beat them and almost destroy them because they made a simple grammar mistake?

Well....would you?

Assuming that your answer would be "NO" how dare you then consider yourself MORE loving than God! Make a decision once and for all that his word and statements are true when he says,

" If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! " Matt 7:11

So if your mental state has been agitated to think other wise rise up BOLDLY, BOLDLY, BOLDLY and resist all negative thoughts that's anything that goes against what God has CLEARLY stated.

Also consider. Jesus allowed himself to have spikes driven into his hand and feet and a spear thrust into his side to provide your redemption.....it cost him dearly to bring you into his family which he wants you a part of.....and because of your simple grammar mistake he just says, "OK that's it. I consider him gone! And forget about my blood which would cleanse him and forgive him and justify him making him just as if he'd never sinned. I mean after all....THAT'S A GRAMMAR MISTAKE HE MADE!" Nope...you KNOW Jesus wouldn't say that.

You can also take heart in this......his disciples many of them Peter, James and John were considered ignorant fishermen so you can imagine they made a lot grammar mistakes as well, not to mention Moses who when God called him he stated, "But Lord, I always fumble around with speech!" Ex 6:30 Didn't seem to bother God at all! He still sent him and he shook Egypt to it's core!

Upvote 0

Tytoman

Jul 21, 2020
Alpharetta
✟15,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was coming back from running and I was thinking and was saying the Holy Spirit is alive but I accidentally whispered and froze on Ali like the opposite. I said to God and Jesus I meant to say the Holy Spirit is alive and good. Did I commit a sin?

Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was coming back from running and I was thinking and was saying the Holy Spirit is alive but I accidentally whispered and froze on Ali like the opposite. I said to God and Jesus I meant to say the Holy Spirit is alive and good. Did I commit a sin?
No.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nope. See Post # 7

Upvote 0