I am Obsessed with Paul’s Gospel — Here’s Why!

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Somebody asked me why I was always referring to Paul’s Gospel......I will attempt to make my case.....

Paul was God’s “ Chosen Vessel” to deliver the “ Good News” to the Gentiles. After Christ returned to Heaven, He used Paul as His Secretary to reveal the Mysteries Of God, kept secret since the Foundation Of the World .Jesus, in His Earthly Ministry to Israel never enlightened His Disciples to things in regard to the Church,the Rapture, The Body Of Christ with Jesus as the Head Of The Body, Justification Without The Works Of The Law, Salvation By Grace Alone, The Age Of Grace, the Gospel That proclaims one is Saved by Faith in the Risen Christ and the fact that He died for your sins. There was no mention of Giving from the Heart as opposed to being Obligated to give.....no mention of Forgiving others because YOU have been forgiven as opposed to forgiving because you will be denied forgiveness if you don’t......
Paul never wrote a word that Jesus did not tell him to say.......When reading the Epistles Of Paul, you need to realize that if Paul said it— JESUS said it!
I constantly bring up Paul’s Gospel because it is the Way Of Salvation to all that Believe it and Believe it enough to REST in it. It ALONE! If one adds to this Gospel Of Grace with any type of Works, they are “ Fallen From Grace”. Anybody that PREACHES a different gospel than the One that Paul preached in 1Cor15:1-4 is Damned by God forever.
This Gospel was given to Paul by Jesus Himself , not any man.The World sees this gospel as Foolishness , an offense to “ those that perish.”
John 3:16 has always been the “ Go To” verse for Salvation , and certainly there is no error in that.......BUT......Paul says that God will judge Mankind by “ HIS” Gospel- NOT by John 3:16..... it would be wise to get familiar with Paul’s Gospel and do as God Commands — REST in it or be accused of UNBELIEF— not the way you want to meet your Maker....
I think 1Cor15:1-4 is the best Anchor for our Faith....A nice place to put our Trust and ground us when things get crazy or when difficult verses are being debated.No matter what anybody says.....Jesus Promises, through Paul , to Save us if we simply Believe THIS GOSPEL ( Jesus died for our sins and rose from the grave ) .....Plus Nothing!God Bless......

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Somebody asked me why I was always referring to Paul’s Gospel......I will attempt to make my case.....

Paul was God’s “ Chosen Vessel” to deliver the “ Good News” to the Gentiles. After Christ returned to Heaven, He used Paul as His Secretary to reveal the Mysteries Of God, kept secret since the Foundation Of the World .Jesus, in His Earthly Ministry to Israel never enlightened His Disciples to things in regard to the Church,the Rapture, The Body Of Christ with Jesus as the Head Of The Body, Justification Without The Works Of The Law, Salvation By Grace Alone, The Age Of Grace, the Gospel That proclaims one is Saved by Faith in the Risen Christ and the fact that He died for your sins. There was no mention of Giving from the Heart as opposed to being Obligated to give.....no mention of Forgiving others because YOU have been forgiven as opposed to forgiving because you will be denied forgiveness if you don’t......
Paul never wrote a word that Jesus did not tell him to say.......When reading the Epistles Of Paul, you need to realize that if Paul said it— JESUS said it!
I constantly bring up Paul’s Gospel because it is the Way Of Salvation to all that Believe it and Believe it enough to REST in it. It ALONE! If one adds to this Gospel Of Grace with any type of Works, they are “ Fallen From Grace”. Anybody that PREACHES a different gospel than the One that Paul preached in 1Cor15:1-4 is Damned by God forever.
This Gospel was given to Paul by Jesus Himself , not any man.The World sees this gospel as Foolishness , an offense to “ those that perish.”
John 3:16 has always been the “ Go To” verse for Salvation , and certainly there is no error in that.......BUT......Paul says that God will judge Mankind by “ HIS” Gospel- NOT by John 3:16..... it would be wise to get familiar with Paul’s Gospel and do as God Commands — REST in it or be accused of UNBELIEF— not the way you want to meet your Maker....
I think 1Cor15:1-4 is the best Anchor for our Faith....A nice place to put our Trust and ground us when things get crazy or when difficult verses are being debated.No matter what anybody says.....Jesus Promises, through Paul , to Save us if we simply Believe THIS GOSPEL ( Jesus died for our sins and rose from the grave ) .....Plus Nothing!God Bless......

In 1 Corinthians 15, Paul is addressing believers who do not believe in a resurrection. This gospel Paul is preaching is to believers, to try and straighten them out on resurrection.

Paul does not mention trusting in The Messiah for the free gift of Eternal Life in 1 Corinthians 15. And that is the Gospel that gives Eternal Life.

• Agree
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You must love Mid-Acts dispensationalism then. You heard of Cornelius R Stam and Les Feldick?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is this in conflict with John 3:16?

To understand what John actually meant in John 3:16, you have to read John 20:31

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 3:16 is not asking us to believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose again on the 3rd day. That interpretation came from people reading Paul into that passage.

John 3:16 is about believing Jesus as the Son of God, that is the gospel of the kingdom, but that gospel won't save anyone today.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You must love Mid-Acts dispensationalism then. You heard of Cornelius R Stam and Les Feldick?

Don’t know about the Mid Acts thingy.......I am acquainted with Feldick.....like him a lot...

• Friendly
Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don’t know about the Mid Acts thingy.......I am acquainted with Feldick.....like him a lot...

Yep, Les Feldick just turned 93, a great teacher of Mid Acts dispensationalism.

If you have been watching his youtube videos, and like them, you are embracing that.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How is this in conflict with John 3:16?

No conflict......just a different Promise from God to save a Soul....there are many Promises given by God that will get the job done....

• Agree
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

That's what Marcion thought also. Marcion and the opposition to him, initiated the quest for the canon of the New Testament.

Marcion believed that Jesus was the savior sent by God, and Paul the Apostle was his chief apostle, but he rejected the Hebrew Bible and the God of Israel. (wikipedia, Marcion)

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yep, Les Feldick just turned 93, a great teacher of Mid Acts dispensationalism.

If you have been watching his youtube videos, and like them, you are embracing that.

He has a tv show broadcast in my area....I watch him often.....he is a great teacher.....

• Agree
Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
John 3:16 is about believing Jesus as the Son of God, that is the gospel of the kingdom, but that gospel won't save anyone today.

Huh, so you believe in different gospels for different people? So, what gospel is for me?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh, so you believe in different gospels for different people? So, what gospel is for me?

There is only one gospel that saves now, which is found in 1 Cor 15:1-4.

But prior to the fall of Israel, as described by Paul in Romans 11, Jews were under the gospel of the kingdom, which all the 4 gospels in the Bible teach.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is only one gospel that saves now, which is found in 1 Cor 15:1-4

Strange, I've never heard of this before. I was always taught to take all of Scripture into consideration and apply it to my life.

• Winner
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent from our sins for the Kingdom of God is at hand (Matthew 4:17-23) and the Mosaic Law is how his audience knew what sin is, so repenting from our disobedience to it is an integral part of the Gospel of the Kingdom, which he prophesied would be proclaimed to the nations before the end (Matthew 24:12-14). The same goes for Acts 2:38 for how Peter’s audience knew what sin is when he told them to repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of sins. In Romans 15:4, Paul said that OT Scripture is written for our instruction and in 15:18-19, his Gospel message involved bringing the Gentiles to full obedience in word and in deed, so he was on the same page as Jesus about teaching repentance from our sins.

If our obedience to God's law were for God's good, then it would have been about trying to earn our salvation through our works, however, it was given for our own good (Deuteronomy 6:24, 10:12-13), so our obedience is instead about putting our faith in God to guide us in how to rightly live, and we are saved by that same faith, which is why Jesus said in Matthew 23:23 that faith is one of the weightier matters of the law. In Romans 1:5, we have received grace in order to bring about the obedience of faith, in Psalms 119:29, David wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey His law, and in Titus 2:11-14, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, which is what God's law was given to instruct how to do, so God graciously teaching us to do good works in obedience to His law is itself part of the content of His free gift of salvation, and participating in that training does nothing to earn it, but rather that is what it looks like to receive it. Our salvation is from sin and sin is the transgression of God’s law (1 John 3:4), so being trained by grace to live in obedience to God’s law through faith is what Jesus saving us from living in transgression of God’s law looks like. Furthermore, in Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so if we believe everything in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 and understand what it means for how we should live our lives, then we will become zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law (Acts 21:20) and will not return to the lawlessness that Jesus gave himself to redeem us from.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Strange, I've never heard of this before. I was always taught to take all of Scripture into consideration and apply it to my life.

Yes, those who heard this before went thru the same response.

It will take some time for one to realize it because many churches like to teach from the 4 gospels. Its because that is where most of the stories are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.