• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Am No Longer Worthy in God's Eyes

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wouldn't that stir up lustful desires that might lead to premarital sex?
It communicates attraction. It doesn't lead to premarital sex unless both you and I (in this example) want it to. As for lustful desires, they happen regardless of whether or not a woman acknowleges my presence, and I have no reason to doubt that it goes the same way for women.

Upvote 0

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It communicates attraction. It doesn't lead to premarital sex unless both you and I (in this example) want it to. As for lustful desires, they happen regardless of whether or not a woman acknowleges my presence, and I have no reason to doubt that it goes the same way for women.

Good to know. Thank you

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I committed sexual acts with someone out of wedlock just a few weeks ago. And to make matters worse, I found out that he was also married at the time. In just one second all of my usefulness was lost.

At one time I had a dream of saving my first kiss for my wedding day, now I never want a man to even lay eyes on me for fear of him seeing how dirty and disgusting I am. I'll never be able to be loved because of this, and I completely ruined my life.

God will never use me nor bless me. I should not even pretend to be a Christian anymore, and at times I just want to renounce my faith because I failed to please God.

The woman from the well who spoke with Jesus comes to mind for me. She was sleeping and living with men who were not her husband and Jesus knew it (and called her out on it). Yet He spoke with her anyway. Why would Jesus speak with such an openly sinful woman? Because He came to save her from her sins. Because He loved her as a child of God. He didn't think she was unworthy and filthy. He doesn't think of you that way either.

God is probably hurting with you and for you over this situation.

You are not useless. Nor are you "used good" or anything of that nature. Moses committed murder and yet God still found him pretty darn useful! Us women need to realize that our worth is not tied up in how pure we are or how much we sin. We have worth because God made us in His image.

We are worth something despite all our sins. Otherwise Jesus wouldn't have died for us at all. If God's love was based on our ability to please Him then not a single person in humanity would be saved. We'd all be destined for Hell. But we're not because God loves us.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Easier said than done. Just repent and take comfort in God's forgiveness. :)

Upvote 0