• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Am No Longer Worthy in God's Eyes

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I committed sexual acts with someone out of wedlock just a few weeks ago.
You and a million other Christians.

It is NOT the end of the world, or even of your walk as a christian.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am a wretched woman. I have nothing to offer God. If I am used, it will only be as an example of unrighteousness. Women like me belong to the devil, not of Heaven.
Do you forget that Rahab was a prostitute, and figured into the lineage of King David and ultimately of our Lord Himself?

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if this helps any, but getting divorced is far worse on you. God makes covenant with you, and then you break covenant with the one closest to you. Makes you question whether you are even saved.

We're sinners, and no--we're not worthy. That's how it is. If you haven't been married yet, try and see to it that you never break that covenant.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My value was in remaining pure until marriage. And no matter how much I try, I will never be as valuable as other women who remained pure. If I have children, they will take on this shame.

I made a promise to God and I broke it.
Your value lies in God sending His own Son to die for you. Isaiah 64 says the best righteous things we can do are filthy rags (literally used menstrual cloths) So even if you had NOT done that, the best you could do would still be a stinking mess. It is all about what HE does for us, not we ourselves.

As to the value of “other women,” how do you know what they have or have not done? Or what shame will be borne by your or any one else’s children? You are not God. He alone determines such things.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remember our Lord called the devil “the accuser of the brethren.” So stop accusing yourself. That is the devil’s job. Your job (in part) is to NOT listen to the devil.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I asked for forgiveness, but I feel worse. There is a constant reminder that I messed up. It must mean that God hasn't forgiven me.
No, it only means that you do not believe that he forgave you even though he said he would. You can either believe these feelings which reject God's word and beat your soul down, or you can believe God's word, which will free you to look at your situation rationally.

Upvote 0

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you to everyone who offered a word of advice. I will try to move past this, and not lose my faith. There are so many more mistakes that I will make in life. So I hope I can learn to handle those in a mature, God-fearing way.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whether it is "sinful" in every situation or not, it represents a temptation to you (and I do not recommend it).

(I could not answer on the Singles sub-forum.)

Do you think I should avoid having any contact with men or just hugging?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think I should avoid having any contact with men or just hugging?
Keep all contact public and publicly acceptable, until he "pops the question." Find a sister to keep you accountable.

My rule for my daughter's swimsuits was "If they can't wear it in front of me, they can't wear it in public."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Keep all contact public and publicly acceptable, until he "pops the question." Find a sister to keep you accountable.

My rule for my daughter's swimsuits was "If they can't wear it in front of me, they can't wear it in public."

Is prolonged eye contact acceptable? Scripture mentions shamefaced women as receiving grace from God.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which "that" are you referring to: the Holy Spirit or being Born Again?

Do I have to ask the Holy Spirit if something is okay constantly? A few people in the other thread said that hugging, eye contact, etc., are a case-by-case issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A few people in the other thread said that hugging, eye contact, etc., are a case-by-case issue.
That thread wasn't informed by this one.
Do I have to ask the Holy Spirit if something is okay constantly?
No. When He comes to live in you, He gives that sense of appropriateness 24/7.

All through this thread, you have been asking for advice for which you are not equipped to hear the answers. I believe that God has allowed you to feel the full brunt of your sin so that you can see that "religion" is not enough; that you need Jesus, instead.

You can continue, without Him, in your own wisdom and rationalizing your actions, but you will continue to feel like a hopeless failure as a result.

When a Born-Again Christian fails, we are hopeFUL failures. Which would you rather be?

As I said before, God is willing to forgive you, but sin has a cost and consequence in this life. In your case, it was the premature loss of your virginity. What else are you willing to lose just to live life on your own terms?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lines: You need to understand the difference between conviction which comes from GOd and condemnation which comes from the devil.

Conviction is always clean, uplifting and encouraging. It says you have done wrong but gives you strength to change and do better.

Condemnation on the other hand is dirty and makes you feel like a slime ball. “You dirty sinner, no one wants you not even God. You can never change.” That is from the devil and is a total LIE.

Reject the lies in favor of God’s truth and be set free.

Upvote 0

Ayenew

Mar 2, 2019
Addis Ababa
✟42,766.00
Country
Ethiopia
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I should not even pretend to be a Christian anymore, and at times I just want to renounce my faith because I failed to please God.
Never try to hide yourself in another sin sister. It's devil's plan. It's like what David did in 2 Samuel 11. Repent and you shall be forgiven. May God accept your contrite heart.

Upvote 0

Ayenew

Mar 2, 2019
Addis Ababa
✟42,766.00
Country
Ethiopia
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I should not even pretend to be a Christian anymore, and at times I just want to renounce my faith because I failed to please God.
Never try to hide yourself in another sin sister. It's devil's plan. It's like what David did in 2 Samuel 11. Repent and you shall be forgiven. May God accept your contrite heart.

Upvote 0