• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Am No Longer Worthy in God's Eyes

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gods not mad mentioned as to Paul sinning and others. Something about Paul that shows he was on to his new path in life was that we never find him even going back to Stephen's family and apologizing.
Paul had helped Christians be accused and get murdered, but he never tells how he went around apologizing to their families later.
David went on later to see himself as clean. He had murdered an innocent man and taken his wife because of her beauty. Nothing says that he loved her, he was lusting after her.
God forgave David, and then David goes on speaking as if that wasn't even a part of his life.
God has cleaned you up, dusted you off, and wants you to walk now in the right direction as to your life. He has great things yet to reveal to you if you get back on the right path so you can meet up with them.

If a child disobeys, does the parent say...I'm done with you? Or is - there discipline, forgiveness, love, direction, hope still shown to that child?
You are His child. God wants you to come to Him and know that He has paid the price for sins, and there is mercy now. You are still loved, just
in need of endurance to continue on and do better as you come across other steps to take in your future. Trust God to be your Friend during this time, and lean on Him as you walk with Him.

But I'm not like David, Paul, and others. I don't have talents or gifts to use.

My value was in remaining pure until marriage. And no matter how much I try, I will never be as valuable as other women who remained pure. If I have children, they will take on this shame.

I made a promise to God and I broke it.

Upvote 0

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's definitely not a good thing that you did, and to be perfectly honest you may have made it a bit more difficult for yourself because there are some Christian men who will be turned away by the fact you haven't been able to wait.

Not only Christian men, but everyone will be turned away from me. Churches will not allow someone like me into their services, friends will not allow me to meet their families, mothers will keep me from their sons, and no man will trust me to be a faithful wife. I have no value as a Christian woman anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you think you are less in the eyes of God and fellow Christians than a woman that murdered someone but didn't have pre-marital sex?

I am no better than that woman.

Sexual sins are different. As a vessel, I am broken and destroyed.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I committed sexual acts with someone out of wedlock just a few weeks ago. And to make matters worse, I found out that he was also married at the time. In just one second all of my usefulness was lost.

At one time I had a dream of saving my first kiss for my wedding day, now I never want a man to even lay eyes on me for fear of him seeing how dirty and disgusting I am. I'll never be able to be loved because of this, and I completely ruined my life.

God will never use me nor bless me. I should not even pretend to be a Christian anymore, and at times I just want to renounce my faith because I failed to please God.

Because you have such strong views about sex outside of marriage, may I ask why did you do it in the first place? Seems mysterious to me. Why did you decide to hurt yourself so much.

Also, are you more worried about God's forgiveness or about your future husband's forgiveness? Or abour your own forgiveness to yourself?

Upvote 0

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because you have such strong views about sex outside of marriage, may I ask why did you do it in the first place? Seems mysterious to me. Why did you decide to hurt yourself so much?

Also, are you more worried about God's forgiveness or about your future husband's forgiveness? Or about your own forgiveness to yourself?

I wanted to feel loved. I experienced so much rejection in the past that I wanted to hold onto someone who cared. But in the end, even he left me.

I pray to God, but it's as though He doesn't want my prayers.

God's forgiveness is all I wanted, but He gave up on me. He abandoned me like everyone else.

• Prayers
Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's forgiveness is all I wanted, but He gave up on me. He abandoned me like everyone else.

Actually, God's forgiveness is the easiest one to get. Because Jesus Christ died for our sins, therefore our sins are paid for and already forgiven if you are in Christ.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
1J 1:9

Faithful, because He promised it.
Righteous, because our sins were paid for, so it would be unrighteous not to forgive us.

The main problem is your own forgiveness to yourself, I guess. Your feelings. You feel dirty (because what you did is dirty). Give it more time and do not do it again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I still feel dirty. How do I know that He approved of my confession?
Your feeling dirty is normal. What you did is serious and dirty.

You just need more time, get back to holiness, be useful for God and you will get slowly healed inside. Do not do such thing again and fight for your faith.

Do not expect it to be easy and quick to be healed from a serious sin, psychologically.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I will never be whole again?
The answer depends on you. The way to feel good again is in front of you, you must walk it.

God will forgive you, if you confess your sins. The rest is on you.

Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
But I'm not like David, Paul, and others. I don't have talents or gifts to use.

My value was in remaining pure until marriage. And no matter how much I try, I will never be as valuable as other women who remained pure. If I have children, they will take on this shame.

I made a promise to God and I broke it.
Are you born-again?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yes. I think I am
Just curios as to why you are condemning yourself and finding all ways and reasons to deny God's forgiveness. The Holy Spirit in every born-again Christian convicts them of righteousness not guilt.
Why is it hard to believe what people have told you here and the Word of God?

Upvote 0

straightcurvylines

Mar 31, 2019
FL
✟20,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just curious as to why you are condemning yourself and finding all ways and reasons to deny God's forgiveness. The Holy Spirit in every born-again Christian convicts them of righteousness, not guilt.
Why is it hard to believe what people have told you here and the Word of God?

I asked for forgiveness, but I feel worse. There is a constant reminder that I messed up. It must mean that God hasn't forgiven me.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I committed sexual acts with someone out of wedlock just a few weeks ago. And to make matters worse, I found out that he was also married at the time. In just one second all of my usefulness was lost.

At one time I had a dream of saving my first kiss for my wedding day, now I never want a man to even lay eyes on me for fear of him seeing how dirty and disgusting I am. I'll never be able to be loved because of this, and I completely ruined my life.

God will never use me nor bless me. I should not even pretend to be a Christian anymore, and at times I just want to renounce my faith because I failed to please God.

Your falling into a deception from the evil one. There’s not a single person who has ever been worthy of grace. Everyone has failed God just as you have and most of us will undoubtedly do it again. satan doesn’t want you to ask for forgiveness and he will try to trick you into thinking that you don’t deserve it. The truth is no one deserves it. That’s why it’s called grace. Grace is a free and unmerited favor of God. God wants you to confess to Him and repent of your sins and He is faithful to forgive you. Keep in mind God has seen and forgiven far worse than what you have done and He still thinks you are worth saving. Don’t let your guilt deceive you. Don’t let the evil one prevail. Fight back by confessing your sin to God and asking for forgiveness. Then you will have defeated him and thwarted his plan. God bless

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I asked for forgiveness, but I feel worse. There is a constant reminder that I messed up. It must mean that God hasn't forgiven me.
It does not mean that at all. It means all of 2 things:

You have not forgiven yourself

The devil wants to keep you in a state of depression and ineffective as a christian.

Upvote 0