✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Greetings there all:wave:.

I like to share to you something in me. That is I am once full of enjoyment to the holy cosmic energy coming from the above and it's Eternal Originator (God Himself) but now... I feel so afraid of it. I am afraid of that King who sits in his glorious throne in heaven.

Like any advice as to how will I do with my life as to this event?

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"I will fear no evil. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me....surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

He says in His word 365 times "Do not be afraid." God is for us, not against us. He loves you and promises He " a bruised reed [He] will not crush." You are safe in Him.

Draw as near to Him as you can. Stay in His word and around good solid Bible believeing Christians. Fear is never from God. It is likely the enemy of your soul is whispering in your ear. So shout back at him, "My God is a mighty warrior. I am strong in the Lord and the power of His might. He tells me 365 times in His word, once for everyday in the year that I do not have to fear. I choose not to fear, in Jesus name!"

Another thing, my pastor say, that, as Christians, we will feel fear but we don't have to obey the fear. You don't have to do what the fear says. The only fear of God you need to have is a healthy respect for His glory and His love for you.

Hope that helps.
Praying for you.
Blessing, A

Upvote 0

Wrexscar

May 15, 2008
Wales
✟15,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens

I like to share to you something in me. That is I am once full of enjoyment to the holy cosmic energy coming from the above and it's Eternal Originator (God Himself) but now... I feel so afraid of it. I am afraid of that King who sits in his glorious throne in heaven.

Don't be your daddy loves you.
Don't be afraid because you walked away, He always takes back the prodigal.
Don't be afraid because of something you have done, there is no condemnation in him.
You are the apple of his eye, he loves you beyond words can express.

Upvote 0

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Hey

Don't be afraid of Him - He cares for you very deeply. I'd say just pray, and ask for peace in your heart.:amen:

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fearing God means that you must obey his commands as in the Ten Commandments. If you don't you will suffer the consequences of the curse as suffered by Adam and Eve. Accepting Jesus spiritually brings sight to blinding sin. Sometimes we make sinful mistakes but we ask for forgiveness, avoid the sinful behaviour and move on forward in life to help others in desperate near-death situations, such as the hungry and thirsty Africans living in a land where water on land disappears deep in the ground. Money is needed to buy the tools to dig for water. Christian TV program Life Today is trying to reach in our hearts to send donations to buy the equipment and truck to deliver the water to villages. Your fear should fade away if you start to be more of a giver instead of being more of an addictive possessor of things admirable such as DVD movies and CD albums. I am not saying that you should give up being possessive because the economy relies on our buying power for goods, but giving must be in your heart to help the poor come to Christ. It is a simple exercise: if you are generous then you should be saved when Jesus returns, but if you are selfish and never showed any interest to give then you would probably be locked outside of God's kingdom.
:liturgy:
:cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

MY DEAR BROTHER,

i find it difficult to understand how someone could be afraid of Abba and go from loving and enjoying Him to fearing Him.

i can think of only two possibilities--you have unconfessed sin in your life which is coming between you and Abba or the evil one is playing with your mind in an attempt to wrestle you out of Abba's arms.

So firstly, i would suggest that you search your life and your heart for any unconfessed sins which might come between you and Abba and deal with them as Scripture instructs--confess and forsake them--NOW!

Secondly, realize that the evil one is trying to destroy your relationship with your loving God by filling you with fear which will, if not dealt with, turn you away from Abba, causing you to hide from Him as was the case with Adam and Eve in the Garden. If satan can separate you from God, his mission will have been accomplished. DON'T ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN!

REMEMBER: "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because He first loved us." (I John 3:18-19)

In either of these two events--both of which have happened to me in the past--i would encourage you to read HE LOVES ME by Wayne Jacobsen. This book is available as a FREE DOWNLOAD at:

Wayne Jacobsen's Books: He Loves Me

Just click on FREE, FIRST EDITION (PDF 897k) at the bottom of the left hand column.

i have read this book several times and been abundantly blessed each time. May you likewise be blessed!

A BOND-SLAVE OF OUR LORD/GOD/SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST,
ephraim

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

IXA the Knight Kamen Rider
Apr 26, 2009
Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What is it that you fear? You don't really explain why it is you fear God. Understanding your fear is the first step to overcoming it.

The Power of God of course.

I am doing the best I can to go forward but then I get a bit off road and I need to do something for the return trip to the One above. I fear Him because of a certain guilt that has bore inside of my heart and that really gave me a slow go.

I think that I must find a way out of here otherwise, I might not make it back. In all seriousness, I am burdened by sin all over again and that is why I am feeling heavy with this path. But I know in the end, I can make it through, with His Spirit and grace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You should fear the Lord. He should absolutely terrify you.

"There is no one like our God".

That's not just a catchy phrase to explain to others how marvelous He is. It should also remind us how dreadful He is towards those He is against. Take a little time and do a study on what God has done, is doing, and will do to His enemies. Fearing God (in this case I mean horror, not reverence) is actually a very natural and very good thing.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am afraid of that King who sits in his glorious throne in heaven.
That is the beautiful balance. He is awe-invoking. But He also calls us His children.

Spend some time finding how He has communicated with people over the centuries. Find out more about Him, especially how He would prefer people relate to Him.

Upvote 0

jacquidube

Veteran
Jun 5, 2005
HERTFORDSHIRE
✟10,195.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I also fear the Lord but I think in a good way. I fear Him when I do something wrong whether involuntary or voluntary. I believe I owe the Lord my Life, its His life but He has given me a choice. Im not keen on the choice whether I should follow Him or not but thats how it is. When I make a mistake, I know I have done it but so does God, He knows before we do, thats what puzzles me, I just wish He would stop me before I even think it :)
I want to serve the Lord with all my heart but I think I am working too hard. Im not worried that Im not going to heaven because in the beginning I gave my Life to Christ so I know I am going to heaven.

I have committed sin last week, one of the ten commandments. I struggled with it for a whole week but now I realise that God loves me so much, unconditionally, He will forgive and forget, the trouble with us we cant forget and thats whats putting the fear of God in you.
When you ask for forgiveness, God forgives then forgets, so if you keep going to God with the guilt that you have asked for forgiveness for, God wont know what your talking about. Thats what I hold on to.

I do understand what you are going through. I used to fear God that much that I thought He was going to end my life because I was such a bad person but the evil one will whisper sweet nothings into your ear and you will believe. You need to differentiate between satan and Gods voice. If its not out of love, its satan. Always remember that. God created you, why would He want to harm you. Love and blessings to you.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You seem to have a somewhat impersonal view of God. Jesus came to show us just how loving His Father really is. You need to discover Jesus and let Him teach you about that God who is such a fearful, somewhat abstract being to you at present.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
S

Strix

i find it difficult to understand how someone could be afraid of Abba and go from loving and enjoying Him to fearing Him.
Its quite easy to understand mate, I love my heavenly father, but the thought of him also makes me brick it. The reason is, my life has been nothing except a list of setbacks, disappointments and failures, every time something looks like it might happen, I get slapped down to living a life of defeat and suffering again.

I'm scared of God, I really am, because I worry continually about what he is going to allow to happen to me next.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Its tragic reading some of these posts. Whatever is being taught that so distorts the gospel - the 'good news'? Jesus came to free us from all sense of alienation from God. That's what his sacrifice is all about.

Scripture tells us the 'perfect love casts out fear'. Ephesians tells us how 'rooted and established in love' we are, and how .in love we are ... to build each other up. Anyone living under constant apprehension about being rejected by an angry, vengeful God is worshiping a pagan god, not the Father who Jesus reveals to us.

Reverend awe is one thing. Cringing fearing punishment and/or rejection is something else and its not the gospel.

John
NZ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm with Johnnz on this. God says in His word, He "resists the proud but gives grace to the humble." If we've humbled ourselves to bow the knee to Jesus we have no reason to fear Him. Yes we will fail at perfection, but He doesn't break us little bruised reeds in half when that happens. He picks us up and dusts us off with a whisk broom called grace, tells us how much better we'll do next time and instructs on how to do it, gives us a big hug and everything we need to do it and sends us on our way--as He leads us and follows behind as our rear guard, and surrounds us with His love and protection and provision. That's our Dad.

There's a great book by Pastor Chuck Smith called How Grace Changes Everything. It helped me a lot.

Blessings, A

Upvote 0
S

Strix

Its tragic reading some of these posts. Whatever is being taught that so distorts the gospel - the 'good news'? Jesus came to free us from all sense of alienation from God. That's what his sacrifice is all about.
Mate, you should be a pastor or something. What was taught to me from the gospel was mainly 2 fold:

1: You must "fear" God
2: All of us are crippled with sin and have to repent, but even if we do, we're still not good enough.

You know, typical Catholic upbringing. I was never encouraged to question what was taught and, when I applied this model of God to my own life, and how crap my own life turned out, it seems to fit perfectly, and if I'm honest, I'm used to the idea of a God who wants revenge. I'm not saying its right, but its difficult for me to break that mould of a vengeful God that wants to smack me down every time I try and make things a little better, when thats what I was raised to believe in.

Upvote 0