I am considering converting to Christianity from Islam for the millionth time...

Temirlan

Jun 28, 2019
Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It's like implying polytheism and monotheism is the same thing because there is the belief in a deity. Both Judaism and Islam are false religions

I understand your point of view. But what I'm telling you is true. I live in a country with half Muslim and half Christian population. Same same same. Same prophets, same God, same heaven and hell, same Adam and Eve, same redemption, same holidays (in meaning, like Easter or Qurban), fasting, prayer, idea of one life and eternal soul, same reverence for Jesus/Issa, attending place of worship once a week - you get the idea. 95% similarities and 5% differences. Hard to admit, I know!

Well, Christianity and Hinduism or Christianity and Tengriism, for example, are definitely quite different.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I understand your point of view. But what I'm telling you is true. I live in a country with half Muslim and half Chrustisn population. Same same same. Same prophets, same God, same heaven snd hell, same Adam and Eve, same redemption, same holidays (in meaning, like Easter or Qurban), fasting, prayer, idea of one life and eternal soul, same reverence for Jesus/Issa, attending place of worship once a week - you get the idea. 95% similarities and 5% differences. Hard to admit, I know!

Well, Christianity and Hinduism or Christianity and Tengriism, for example, are definitrly quite different.
Well, St John of Damascus calls Islam a heresy, and all heresies are deviations from the original one.
Mormons have all of the celebrations of traditional Christianity yet they believe in a physical God who used to be human and in Tritheism rather than a Trinity.

Reactions: Temirlan
Upvote 0

Temirlan

Jun 28, 2019
Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Well, St John of Damascus calls Islam a heresy, and all heresies are deviations from the original one.
Mormons have all of the celebrations of traditional Christianity yet they believe in a physical God who used to be human and in Tritheism rather than a Trinity.

I undersrtand. The thing is, some disagreements are big to you, because they are concerned with most important doctrines. As I'm not a believer, I look at all doctrines on the same level of importance. So, to me those differences are but minute, because I look at the whole.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I undersrtand. The thing is, some disagreements are big to you, because they are concerned with most important doctrines. As I'm not a believer, I look at all doctrines on the same level of importance. So, to me those differences are but minute, because I look at the whole.
Yeah, it is like an anarchist who doesn't care if the government is a dictatorship or a democracy.

Reactions: Temirlan
Upvote 0

Temirlan

Jun 28, 2019
Almaty
✟5,058.00
Country
Kazakhstan
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, it is like an anarchist who doesn't care if the government is a dictatorship or a democracy.

Hahaha :) Not exactly, I do care about the contents of religious doctrines. Some are good, some are not so much, IMHO.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
but I always committed apostasy due to the close knit community of gulenists and other muslims and turks i heavily relied upon for social interaction, and the fact that due to my autism, borderline, possible bipolar, adhd, and anxiety, (and they say OCD but i doubt) i could not form friedships with americans or others in school and i sort of fell apart after high school and things got worse for my borderline. i often explored christianity, but as true to my disorder, i could not tolerate the idea of absolute isolation. and being too different. i also held certain beliefs, such as islamic dream interpretation, which i used to cope with my insatiable need to predict the future, (which even dream interpretation often did not satisfy), the miracle of the quran, scientific miracles in the quran, theology, etc. i also need some emotional support, as this is rather tough. i had many dreams, until i drove away from a mosque with a uber driver telling her i became a christian (the same driver that had a daughter that converted to islam) but then felt turmoil and drove back, and started to have more and more dreams, and things got worse, but the dreams remained few, although i did see joan of arc in my dream.

At the heart of Christianity is Jesus Christ. To be a Christian is to know Christ as your Saviour and Lord and to live your life in fellowship with him. God accomplishes this by giving you the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, who convicts you of sin, illuminates your mind to God's truth, strengthens you in times of temptation and trial, comforts you in times of sorrow and fear, and empowers you to live the life God made for you to live. Being a Christian is not simply church attendance, prayer, Bible study and various other religious rituals and rules. Do you want Christ? To know him and to walk through life with him? Or do you just want to stay safe in your religious culture but far from God?

Upvote 0

Goksel Kayrak

sadsadas
Feb 26, 2021
adsadsad
✟8,576.00
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
[QUOTE = "araştırma görevlisi, gönderi: 74054438, üye: 416343"] ancak sosyal etkileşim için büyük ölçüde güvendiğim gulenistler ve diğer müslüman ve Türklerin sıkı sıkıya bağlı topluluğu ve otizmim nedeniyle, borderline, olası bipolar, ADHD ve anksiyete, (ve OKB diyorlar ama şüpheliyim) okulda Amerikalılar veya diğerleri ile kızartmalar kuramadım ve liseden sonra dağıldım ve sınırda işler daha da kötüleşti. sık sık hıristiyanlığı araştırdım, ancak bozukluğuma sadık kaldığım için, mutlak izolasyon fikrine tahammül edemedim. ve çok farklı olmak. Ayrıca, geleceği tahmin etme doyumsuz ihtiyacımla başa çıkmak için kullandığım (ki rüya yorumu bile çoğu kez tatmin etmedi), Kuran mucizesi olan İslami rüya yorumu gibi bazı inançlara sahiptim, Kuran'daki, teolojideki vb. bilimsel mucizeler de biraz duygusal desteğe ihtiyacım var, çünkü bu oldukça zor. Bir uber şoförüyle bir camiden uzaklaşıp ona hristiyan olduğumu (islama dönüşen bir kızı olan aynı şoför) olduğumu söyleyene kadar birçok hayalim vardı, ama sonra kargaşa hissettim ve geri dönüp gittikçe daha fazlasını yapmaya başladım. rüyalar ve işler daha da kötüleşti, ancak rüyamda kavisli joan görmeme rağmen rüyalar az kaldı. [/QUOTE]
Merhaba kardeşim türkmüsün ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0