Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If you attack him when he's asleep, he can't feel very secure.

And my suggestion would be to forget tattooing your cat. Give him a safe place of his own to sleep, don't scare him while he's sleeping, and frame those images you want to tattoo him with and decorate his safe space with them.

Maybe he will stop attacking you then.
So my cat Oreo still mounts attacks on me and I still attack him when he is asleep .. So for a couple weeks now I'm thinking he needs a tattoo on his upper right leg , he got bit by something and lost a patch of hair just right for a small tattoo .. I'm thinking Mighty Mouse caught in a mouse trap or Sylvester with canary feathers in his mouth .. Any other suggestions ?

Upvote 0

quartzy

Jul 21, 2010
London, UK
✟19,828.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you are being cruel to want a tattoo for him. It is pure vanity and will hurt the cat. What do you mean your cat mounts attacks on you if you attack him back then you are making your cat think that is normal. You should not fight with him and just ignore him when he does that.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So my cat Oreo still mounts attacks on me and I still attack him when he is asleep .. So for a couple weeks now I'm thinking he needs a tattoo on his upper right leg , he got bit by something and lost a patch of hair just right for a small tattoo .. I'm thinking Mighty Mouse caught in a mouse trap or Sylvester with canary feathers in his mouth .. Any other suggestions ?
Why do you attack him while he's asleep?

Upvote 0

quartzy

Jul 21, 2010
London, UK
✟19,828.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A good owner will not attack their cat or kitten. They naturally have to defend themselves if you are doing something that annoys him. So do not annoy him and you will not need to attack him back which you should not do anyway. I am appalled at the behaviour of some pet owners

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think you are being cruel to want a tattoo for him. It is pure vanity and will hurt the cat. What do you mean your cat mounts attacks on you if you attack him back then you are making your cat think that is normal. You should not fight with him and just ignore him when he does that.
A good owner will not attack their cat or kitten. They naturally have to defend themselves if you are doing something that annoys him. So do not annoy him and you will not need to attack him back which you should not do anyway. I am appalled at the behaviour of some pet owners

Yeah but if you think I'm getting back in a cage to fight a kangaroo or little monkey again 5 minutes to win 50 dollars you're crazy . It's funny how those guys can go to the right key first try to let you in but they have to fumble through every key on the ring when you're running and screaming to let you back out away from that thing :scratch:

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OK, my sister (who is his real owner) has a whole bag full of cat toys. I will try to play with him, but in the past when we have tried to play with him he has acted disinterested. I wonder if that is a sign of an illness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
OK, my sister (who is his real owner) has a whole bag full of cat toys. I will try to play with him, but in the past when we have tried to play with him he has acted disinterested. I wonder if that is a sign of an illness.

Some cats will play with any kind of toy. Some cats seem disinterested.

They aren't all about playing, but almost any cat is about hunting. Do you have a toy that's like a wand or rod, with a string on the end, and feathers tied to the end of the string? Or something similar?

And try to move it like a little animal might move. Irregular, skittering around the edges of furniture, scooting underneath to escape. Trying to hide. My cat absolutely can't resist, no matter if she's not ready to play, if I make a toy like that skitter across the couch then drag the string under a pillow so the feathers follow, like it's trying to get away. She will ALWAYS go after it then.

But first the cat had to notice the toy and get used to playing. Moving it in a jerky motion right in front of him (going past, not staying there), or overhead like a bird flying past might get his attention.

If he really won't play at all, has he seen a vet?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Play has to do with hunting which has to do with eating. Sometimes my cats act like they are hungry when they are not hungry at all, they really want to play or hunt for food. Also cats like to be groomed and cleaned. Most of them like to be brushed out.

I had a cat that I had to get spayed and I had to get it into a trap. So I put a mouse on the end of a fishing line and got the cat to follow the toy mouse into the cage and I had her. Took about 5 min.

Upvote 0