• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

i almost beat ocd and felt so good. but something felt different. i need encouragement. please help

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was so frustrated with my ocd, that I decided to say "no" to many ocd compulsions. I felt good. free. awesome. I was like

" no more nonsense. God loves me and I have protection from ocd and I have been suffering a lot and I have been praying a lot about it, and since it never stops it means I am not guilty about it and I try as hard as I can and God knows it" "its time to stop this"

I like copypasting posts in other forums. I have been avoiding doing it. I do not know why. but the only thing I remember about this compulsion was that one time I said to myself stuff like " I should stop copypasting. maybe a promise was made to God" should not risk it"

while trying to feel good and stop analyzing my ocd thoughts, I copypasted something that I wanted. I felt weird. it felt different. this compulsion felt different from others. I can remember many compulsions and how they were created. I can analyze them and I can label them as ocd. in this case, about copypasting, I remember nothing.

the only thing I remember is these thoughts " should not risk it" and nothing more. I remember there must have been some posts that I avoided copypasting, I cant remember why. what was the motive behind all these and why I cant remember? why I said "should not risk copypasting"?

I worry cause I can not label it or confirmt as ocd. I cant confirm it because I do not remember. I tried to analyze my thoughts about this case and the only thing I remember is "should not risk it" nothing more. why I forgot all the other thoughts related to this case? why the only thing I remember is "should not risk it?" how can I be sure if it is really one of the ocd compulsions? why I can remember most of the ocd compulsions but not this? was I right that I said no to my ocd, if it was ocd, when I copypasted on purpose?

should I have said no to other ocd compulsions but not this specific one? it was an easy compulsion, not copypasting. maybe I would be better if I kept only that compulsion, as long as, I cant label it as ocd. but I was so excited that I labeled it as ocd without any memories.

the only memory is " I should not risk copypasting" which was said in the past. and some time later, ( do not remember how much later) I copypasted. I ignored the reminder to myself. why? why there is this reminder but nothing else? is it still ocd?

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praise the Lord! You seem to be putting your trust in God more and more.

I will keep praying for you. This is not an OCD compulsion, but a response Jesus invites us to make when we see a brother or sister struggling spiritually.

"My yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Luke 18:1 He also spoke a parable to them that they must always pray, and not give up (WEB)

Rom 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve in my spirit in the Good News of his Son, how unceasingly I make mention of you always in my prayers (WEB)

Phlm 1:4 I thank my God always, making mention of you in my prayers (WEB)

• Agree
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was so frustrated with my ocd, that I decided to say "no" to many ocd compulsions. I felt good. free. awesome. I was like

" no more nonsense. God loves me and I have protection from ocd and I have been suffering a lot and I have been praying a lot about it, and since it never stops it means I am not guilty about it and I try as hard as I can and God knows it" "its time to stop this"

I like copypasting posts in other forums. I have been avoiding doing it. I do not know why. but the only thing I remember about this compulsion was that one time I said to myself stuff like " I should stop copypasting. maybe a promise was made to God" should not risk it"

while trying to feel good and stop analyzing my ocd thoughts, I copypasted something that I wanted. I felt weird. it felt different. this compulsion felt different from others. I can remember many compulsions and how they were created. I can analyze them and I can label them as ocd. in this case, about copypasting, I remember nothing.

the only thing I remember is these thoughts " should not risk it" and nothing more. I remember there must have been some posts that I avoided copypasting, I cant remember why. what was the motive behind all these and why I cant remember? why I said "should not risk copypasting"?

I worry cause I can not label it or confirmt as ocd. I cant confirm it because I do not remember. I tried to analyze my thoughts about this case and the only thing I remember is "should not risk it" nothing more. why I forgot all the other thoughts related to this case? why the only thing I remember is "should not risk it?" how can I be sure if it is really one of the ocd compulsions? why I can remember most of the ocd compulsions but not this? was I right that I said no to my ocd, if it was ocd, when I copypasted on purpose?

should I have said no to other ocd compulsions but not this specific one? it was an easy compulsion, not copypasting. maybe I would be better if I kept only that compulsion, as long as, I cant label it as ocd. but I was so excited that I labeled it as ocd without any memories.

the only memory is " I should not risk copypasting" which was said in the past. and some time later, ( do not remember how much later) I copypasted. I ignored the reminder to myself. why? why there is this reminder but nothing else? is it still ocd?

It seems that you are on your way to experiencing the peace that God intends for all His people. Just keep trusting in the Lord for guidance.

Upvote 0