I´m so angry...travel ban for Iranians...Why?

Darioush

Jan 14, 2018
Shiraz
✟11,585.00
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is really bad. USA has a travel ban on Iranians and this is such an insult against us.

I do bodybuilding and i won many competitions in Iran last year and this year wanted also participate in a competition in USA and win first time outside Iran and maybe get sponsorship. But i get no visa. So i cant travel there.

We Iranians get treated like criminals and thugs.

We allow americans here and have many american travel groups. But we are banned. USA is very bad against us. And i´m so angry right now.

Your country should stop to hate Iran. And it should treat us as normal people.

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is really bad. USA has a travel ban on Iranians and this is such an insult against us.

I do bodybuilding and i won many competitions in Iran last year and this year wanted also participate in a competition in USA and win first time outside Iran and maybe get sponsorship. But i get no visa. So i cant travel there.

We allow americans here and have many american travel groups. But we are banned. USA is very bad against us. And i´m so angry right now.

Look at what Iran is doing..Would YOU trust people like that? Iran is acting in a most rabid way. Killings, rapes, throwing gays off high buildings, sheria law. Uh uh. They don't even behave in a 'human' way...They need to grow up first and join the rest of the planet working for peace. If your people want to be treated as normal people you have to act normal...I realize there are many good people in Iran....These good people need to round up all of the violent ones and execute them then build a peaceful nation that is acceptable to the rest of the world.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know very little about your religion. But it appears that the ban affects countries which are predominantly Shiite. This does not make sense to me. I have no particular criticism of Iran.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

It's not intended as personal against people like yourself or others who intend us no harm. Sadly, some are quite intent on violence against the West and don't mind killing themselves to make their point.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

It is your government that has called the United States 'the great satan' and has threatened to destroy us. Your problem is with your own government. Fix that and things will normalize.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I can see how annoying this is for you.

The USA, unfortunately, is upset about a bunch of things, including the attack on the US Embassy in Tehran in 1979 and Iran's continued support of Hezbollah. The Iranian government, in turn, is upset about a bunch of things, including the accidental shooting down of Iran Air Flight 655.

It would be nice if diplomats on both sides could resolve the differences and restore the friendliness that once existed between Iran and the USA.

On the other hand, you should be grateful that the USA helped Iran win the long-running conflict with Saddam's Iraq. If that was still going on, you might be in the army now.

Meanwhile, aren't there bodybuilding competitions in Europe you can attend instead?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darioush

Jan 14, 2018
Shiraz
✟11,585.00
Country
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
In Relationship
Some really wrong things are said here.

We are not ISIS. We dont throw people down buildings. We dont have suicide attacks. Thats what Sunni people from Saudi Arabia do. We Iranians fight ISIS in Syria and Iraq and its a big insult now to put things on us, that your allies do.
Show me where in Iran do we throw people down buildings? Or a suicide attack done from Iranians? When? Where?

Are such things really said in your media? wow.

I could do competition s in Europe but its harder to get sponsorship there and contracts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know very little about your religion. But it appears that the ban affects countries which are predominantly Shiite. This does not make sense to me. I have no particular criticism of Iran.
There is also a travel ban on Libyans. Libyans are mainly Sunni. I think it is because they advocated jihad and denied human rights to non-Islamic people. Many can remember when the US welcomed people from Islamic nations all over the world. On 9-11-2001 three groups of Muslim terrorists hijacked three airliners and did extensive damage. ISIS also did very much damage to non-Islamic people all over the world.

Iran has supported Asaad of Syria. Asaad has attacked people who were being supported by the US.

There are Muslims living in the US who are at peace with their neighbors and observing US law. Most Muslims here are not radicalized.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Don't take it personally- it's not a ban against Darioush. It's a generally applied ban enacted in response to the actions Iran's government has taken- or threatened to take- against the US and her allies. Unfortunately, many Iranian citizens are very supportive of their government's actions and are outspoken about hating our country and wanting to harm it.

Our nation has an interest in its own wellbeing, and admitting people from a nation that has threatened to nuke one of our allies, and has shown interest in doing harm to our own nation, isn't in that interest.

Upvote 0

Darioush

Jan 14, 2018
Shiraz
✟11,585.00
Country
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is also a travel ban on Libyans. Libyans are mainly Sunni. I think it is because they advocated jihad and denied human rights to non-Islamic people. Many can remember when the US welcomed people from Islamic nations all over the world. On 9-11-2001 three groups of Muslim terrorists hijacked three airliners and did extensive damage. ISIS also did very much damage to non-Islamic people all over the world.

Iran has supported Asaad of Syria. Asaad has attacked people who were being supported by the US.

There are Muslims living in the US who are at peace with their neighbors and observing US law. Most Muslims here are not radicalized.

Is this a joke?

The most repressive regime is Saudi Arabia. And tehy are your friends? almost all hijackers from 911 were Saudi.

Assad is the only guarantee that christians can live in Syria. USA supports sunni islamist terror groups in Syria.

Iran protects Christians in Syria. USA supports Sunni extremists who kill Christians.

Dont you see whats wrong with your countries politics?

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is this a joke?

The most repressive regime is Saudi Arabia. And tehy are your friends? almost all hijackers from 911 were Saudi.

Assad is the only guarantee that christians can live in Syria. USA supports sunni islamist terror groups in Syria.

Iran protects Christians in Syria. USA supports Sunni extremists who kill Christians.

Yes..They don't like your country's politics

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Don't you see what's wrong with your country's politics? Have your country's leaders abandoned the whole 'great satan' thing yet? Has your country stopped sponsoring terrorism yet? Does your country still wish to vaporize Israel still? You can complain about Saudi Arabia all you want, but it sounds like Shiites hating on Sunnis hating on Shiites to me. Your government is your responsibility. When your government changes then Iranians will be welcome all over the world.

Reactions: Denadii
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Is this a joke?

There are problems with our countries' policies, which have done much to hurt the cause of Christians living freely in the Middle East.

It would not be safe for a non-Muslim to travel in your country. It would be life-threatening for a Christian to evangelize in Iran or many parts of the Middle East. Women can't go out in public in your culture in the same way they do in the West. It's not against you personally. I wish things were different.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Darioush

Jan 14, 2018
Shiraz
✟11,585.00
Country
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are problems with our countries' policies, which have done much to hurt the cause of Christians living freely in the Middle East.

It would not be safe for a non-Muslim to travel in your country. It would be life-threatening for a Christian to evangelize in Iran or many parts of the Middle East. Women can't go out in public in your culture in the same way they do in the West. It's not against you personally. I wish things were different.

But that is not true. Iran is a safe country for travel. We build up tourism and have millions of guests from Europe and several thousand from USA

Iran's tourism industry is booming

More than 6 million people visited Iran in the year ending March 2017, up 50% on the previous year and three times the number in 2009, according to official data.

The surge in visitors follows the 2015 nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers that resulted in many sanctions being lifted early the following year.

Women can go out in public.

image-result-for-women-dress-code-in-iran.jpeg

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But that is not true. Iran is a safe country for travel. We build up tourism and have millions of guests from Europe and several thousand from USA

More than 6 million people visited Iran in the year ending March 2017, up 50% on the previous year and three times the number in 2009, according to official data.

The surge in visitors follows the 2015 nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers that resulted in many sanctions being lifted early the following year.

I'm a Christian. I serve Jesus only. Are you telling me that if I went to your country I would be safe?
Where Persecution Comes From
Whereas most persecution of Christians in the Arab Gulf region comes from society or radical Islamic groups, the main threat for believers in Iran comes from the government. The Iranian regime declares the country to be a Shia Islamic State and is constantly expanding its influence. Hardliners within the regime are vehemently opposed to Christianity, and create severe problems for Christians, particularly converts from Islam. Christians and other minorities are seen as threats to this end, and are persecuted as a result. Iranian society as a whole is more tolerant than their leadership, thanks in part due to the influence of moderate and mystical Sufi Islam. Christian Persecution in Iran | Open Doors USA
That's only one source

Upvote 0

Darioush

Jan 14, 2018
Shiraz
✟11,585.00
Country
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm a Christian. I serve Jesus only. Are you telling me that if I went to your country I would be safe?
Where Persecution Comes From
Whereas most persecution of Christians in the Arab Gulf region comes from society or radical Islamic groups, the main threat for believers in Iran comes from the government. The Iranian regime declares the country to be a Shia Islamic State and is constantly expanding its influence. Hardliners within the regime are vehemently opposed to Christianity, and create severe problems for Christians, particularly converts from Islam. Christians and other minorities are seen as threats to this end, and are persecuted as a result. Iranian society as a whole is more tolerant than their leadership, thanks in part due to the influence of moderate and mystical Sufi Islam. Christian Persecution in Iran | Open Doors USA
That's only one source

Of course you would be safe.

Each year 6 million christian europeans travel to Iran.

I would say a Christian is safer in Iran than a black person in USA.

Now explain me why your government supports islamic radicals like al Nusra who murders christians in Syria? Why is USA against Assad who protects Christians in Syria?

Does your country hate Christians?

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I think he is talking about the how the younger generations of women in your country are voicing their disdain for being forced to wear hijabs out in public. Their body their choice?

af5B0Up7bf6JFtMOT-J7PUyYJjLs2aEE7nVOQnAvjVI.jpg

Iranian police arrest 29 women for throwing off their hijabs

Upvote 0