Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So? I suppose Americans still think that the 4.4% of the uk population who are Muslims, are shortly going to have us living under Sharia Law. The other 95.6% might have something to say about that.
If you need help, give US a call.

I'm sure our 'bad joke' will be willing to lend a hand.

Upvote 0

Ajflyguy7

Aug 12, 2017
Central Coast, California
✟23,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Don't tell me. Mithras, Horus, Osiris.....

I wonder which version of that nonsense it is that you have heard?
Do you think Jesus is some brand new idea that the world has never seen before? He's not, just another man-made god, just like all the others.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think Jesus is some brand new idea that the world has never seen before? He's not, just another man-made god, just like all the others.
Then He's quite an invention, isn't He?

What scientist(s) thought Him up?

Upvote 0

Ajflyguy7

Aug 12, 2017
✟23,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Not at all, your god's answer to wickedness in the world was, "I think I'll murder them all." Not a loving god. Your god doesn't give us any proof of his existence, but if we don't believe, we go to hell. Not a loving god. Your god ordered the murder of many, including women (some pregnant) and children. Not a loving god. Your god allows for slavery and the beating of slaves, as long as they don't die within a day or two. Not a loving god. Your god allows for billions to suffer as he sits back and watches. Not a loving god. Your god is quite an invention, a horrible invention.

• Winner
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Yes, there are plenty of examples of religions from whole cloth fabrication.

Scientology, LDS, JW's...

Given we have ample evidence of man-made religions, how do you determine a "real" one?

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

What I think is that atheists who think they know oh so much about the history of religion regularly trot out the kind of arant nonsense originating from people like Gerald Massey, Alvin Kuhn or Godfrey Higgins, probably without a clue as to its ultimate source, and which would be dismissed out of hand in academic circles.

To take just two examples, Mithras was born out of a rock before the foundation of the world, and, although there are no surviving Mithraic scriptures, there are no indications that he suffered a sacrificial death, let alone a ressurection. As for Attis, I will let you read about his "virgin birth" for yourself:

Attis

There is likewise nothing in his myth about a resurrection.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Not at all, your god's answer to wickedness in the world was, "I think I'll murder them all." Not a loving god. Your god doesn't give us any proof of his existence, but if we don't believe, we go to hell. Not a loving god. Your god ordered the murder of many, including women (some pregnant) and children. Not a loving god. Your god allows for slavery and the beating of slaves, as long as they don't die within a day or two. Not a loving god. Your god allows for billions to suffer as he sits back and watches. Not a loving god. Your god is quite an invention, a horrible invention.
Oh ... those scientists ... okay, thanks.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, there are plenty of examples of religions from whole cloth fabrication.

Scientology, LDS, JW's...

Given we have ample evidence of man-made religions, how do you determine a "real" one?
What scientists invented those guys?

Upvote 0

Ajflyguy7

Aug 12, 2017
✟23,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What I think is that atheists who think they know oh so much about the history of religion regularly trot out the kind of arant nonsense originating from people like Gerald Massey, Alvin Kuhn or Godfrey Higgins, probably without a clue as to its ultimate source, and which would be dismissed out of hand in academic circles.

To take just two examples, Mithras was born out of a rock before the foundation of the world, and, although there are no surviving Mithraic scriptures, there are no indications that he suffered a sacrificial death, let alone a ressurection. As for Attis, I will let you read about his "virgin birth" for yourself:

Attis

There is likewise nothing in his myth about a resurrection.
So Horus and Osiris have nothing in common with Jesus? Oh wait, yes they do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Apparently you have not heard of the joke, regarding American GIs, which was current in wartime Britain: "Over sexed, over paid and over here."
That's because British women were finally able to have sex with real men.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

Okay, this is closed. It has gone off topic too far and there are too many rule violations like off topic, blasphemy, flaming and more.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.