Husband left us, now other woman is living with him, need Godly advice

beautyforashes81

Sep 19, 2007
✟15,159.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Me and my husband have been married for 3 years and 7 months now...and have been physically separated for almost 4 months. We have a 2 year old and I just gave birth to our 2nd child at the end of July '07. Myh usband seemed to be a firm believer of God but seemed to also "straddle the fence" and wasn't and still is not walking in line with the Word. He says he has a calling to be a Pastor and is a Prophet. Then why is this happening:

In March my husband was involved in a shooting that claimed a young man's life. My husband shot back in self-defense and was really affected that he killed the young man but didn't know he did 'till later on. So we all end up staying at his brother's house in a near-by city b/c he felt it was unsafe for us to be there. At first he was with me and my son at his brother's hosue sleeping with us, then he started sleeping over his sister's house (about a mile away) b/c he didn't want to stay there b/c he felt his brother's wife did not keep the house up. Then gradually he started only sleeping with us like 2-3 times a week...claiming to be over at his sister's house sleeping. We were still paying bills at the otherhouse and when the lights went out, he decided to stay there to guard our belongings and the house.

I had suspicions that through all this he was having an affair. I asked God to reveal it to me and confirm it. He did. I admitted myself to the hospital to get checked out and the doctor gave me a pelvic exam and told me I had an infection, and that it was an STD. So FOR SURE Iknow I didn't give it to myself and the only person I have contracted it from was myhusband. I was so devasted how he claims to be holy and goes outside of our marriage and passes on an STD to me and our unborn child. I call him and he tells me to get out of "his" (at this time we are back at our house but he's staying elsewhere syaing it isn't safe for him to be there) house. So basically he kicks me out (I'm 6.5 months pregnant at the time) and of course I take our almost 2 year old with me.

We end up staying with a friend from church for 2 weeks, during those 2 weeks he didn't try to contact me or wasn't even concerned if I had money or food, diapers, etc. Then when he did contact me he told me to call his mom so we could stay with her...basically he didn't want anymore repsonsibilities.

Before that he would be so critical of me, making me feel bad and guilty for things that I shouldn't even be feeling guilty about. It was b/c of his own guilt that he was treating me bad. I remember he was driving me to work and he told me that it burns his soul when people lie. (When he was doing the lying all along) Cuz he thought I was lying about going places (when he was). Then I tell him that I married him b/c I believe he is a good guy and he says "I am" and then comes back with "I though you were a good girl but I learned other wise." He was transferring all his guilt on me and just basically abdoned and rejected me and the kids and I say the kids b/c he doesn't call toknow how they are doing. He didn't even call me when I gave birth to our 2nd child.

Over the next weeks/months me and the kids relocated to be with family. I try to talk to him about us working it out and he tells me we are not getting back together and that it's over. I keep asking him why. And he says I just don't want to be married I don't have to have areason to not want to be married. He was always pushing me and demanding me to go ahead and file for divorce. So next time I spoke to him I asked him if he wants it so bad then why won't he file and he says that I can do more in the state I'm in than the state he's in b/c we got married in the state I'm in now. (which is another lie)

I spoke to him very recently asking again and that it's not all about him, he has a family--a wife and kids. Then he confessed that he already has a girlfriend and she is living in the house with him that's why he wants a divorce. Then he told me I don't know why you're waiting on me...you need to find yourself a job and a place to stay. And I say you're just going to leave your family for "her" ? He couldn't say anything.

I am praying for him and that woman...(believe me not easy, I was so angry and still am)

I told him I'm not filing and since this is what he wants, and that he's the one that rejected and abandoned his family, and decided to go outside the marriage and give me and our unborn child at the time an STD that he will have to do it.

In the meantime I'm doing what I have to do as a mother to provide for these children.

What is happening here?
Is this marriage even save-able? (is that a word?)
Will God put this marriage back together?

Reactions: MauiMamma

MauiMamma

*Pray without ceasing* ... 1 Thess. 5:16-18
Aug 8, 2006
Valencia, California
✟29,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug: Hugs to you:hug:
My 2 bit advice, but it's what I have from personal experience...
1)Pray and get prayer from others
2)Seek God
3)Seek Godly counsel (Pastor or Christian counselor)
4)Get support from Christian friends and family
5)Maybe get some legal support as well?

God bless you. I will be praying for you.

Upvote 0

Easyk

Aug 27, 2007
Melbourne Australia
✟8,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Democrats
1. What is happening here?
2. Is this marriage even save-able? (is that a word?)
3. Will God put this marriage back together?

1. Dont really know, he thinks that the grass is greener. little does he know how lush it is were you are. the 5 love languages is a great book and will help each other fill each others love tanks.

2. Yes it is, if you want it to be.

3. Only if you desire it, he (your husband) is not truely saved and has left you for another women. according to the bible that entitles you to a divorce and your allowed to remarry with no sin. God made the universe, He can do anything, if you want him back than it is possible. however it may take time or may never happen at all. somepeople get lost in the world so much..

If you decide to move on. find a christian male, read the five languages (both of you) and learn to fill each others love tanks. the high love feeling after meeting someone new and "falling in love" last roughly 2 years... its tough were you are at but you can move Forward, above all apply Gods Word in your life.

IMO I would move on, You have a right too. See he made his choice, God will not hold it against you and God will bless you no matter what you do.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What is happening here?
Is this marriage even save-able? (is that a word?)
Will God put this marriage back together?

Your husband is being very irresponsible.
Maybe.
He might meet you half way... First go to the welfare office and get benefits. At the same time they will start an order to get child support from him which is good. Next ask around and find a good divorce lawyer and file. Then your husband will probably change his tune and beg you to take him back.

Upvote 0

nowhereville

Jan 21, 2006
Visit site
✟15,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Killing someone has probably affected him a great deal and he should seek some sort of counseling. I would imagine that it would really mess you up mentally and emotionally EVEN if it were self defense a person is dead.

I met a woman once when I was young whose husband had basically left her to be kept by an older woman. She had complete faith and peace that her marriage would be restored. Being so young, I thought she was crazy. I asked her, but how on earth can you be so calm knowing your spouse is having sexual relations with another?

She told me that if God puts you on a plane he'll give you a plane ticket - if he puts you on a bus he'll give you a bus ticket. Meaning, he will give you what you need to get through your personal situation. He's very good like that.

I don't know how things worked out for her because we moved from that area shortly after that but I never forgot that conversation and i have seen God restore "impossible" marriages.

Your best course of action is to stop looking at your husband for anything ( provider, etc) and start looking to God for your answers. He knows his plans for you and he will be faithful to give you everything you need to accomplish them.

I'm sorry this is happening to you though.

Upvote 0

beautyforashes81

Sep 19, 2007
✟15,159.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Killing someone has probably affected him a great deal and he should seek some sort of counseling. I would imagine that it would really mess you up mentally and emotionally EVEN if it were self defense a person is dead.

I met a woman once when I was young whose husband had basically left her to be kept by an older woman. She had complete faith and peace that her marriage would be restored. Being so young, I thought she was crazy. I asked her, but how on earth can you be so calm knowing your spouse is having sexual relations with another?

She told me that if God puts you on a plane he'll give you a plane ticket - if he puts you on a bus he'll give you a bus ticket. Meaning, he will give you what you need to get through your personal situation. He's very good like that.

I don't know how things worked out for her because we moved from that area shortly after that but I never forgot that conversation and i have seen God restore "impossible" marriages.

Your best course of action is to stop looking at your husband for anything ( provider, etc) and start looking to God for your answers. He knows his plans for you and he will be faithful to give you everything you need to accomplish them.

I'm sorry this is happening to you though.
So do you think the shooting can be a part of it? Can it also be a mid-crisis thing? He's 43.

I just can't believe how he's leaving a family of three for another woman. He used to talk about people leaving their families and now he's doing the same. Help me, God.

Upvote 0

nowhereville

Jan 21, 2006
Visit site
✟15,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it's the ONLY thing, but it probably contributed to that. My friend's sister in law hit and killed and homeless woman and within a year left her spouse and became a lesbian. I can't imagine killing someone (even by accident or self defense) can be very easy :(

Whatever is meant to be for you and your family, God's grace will be sufficient.

Upvote 0

MG

Choosey Moms Choose Life
Apr 21, 2002
Florida
✟932.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Funny. I came here looking for some Godly advice and I stumbled on your thread beauty. Your story is so close to my own, I felt led to at least give you my advice.

Seperate yourself for this season. Guard your heart but do not let go of the love that you have for your husband. Lean on God. You will need God's provision because your husband has broken his fellowship with God. Your spirit life needs to come first.

Allow your husband the room to wrestle out his flesh on his own. He will never return to you unless he does that. It is fear and pain that drive people to make choices like this. It's hard to do, but when you look at him as a broken man, and through the eyes of Jesus, I believe that you will see change in your own heart. Just love him but go on. Go on with God.

Pray. I will pray for you and your family. It is heart wrenching sister, I know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums