Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More than workspace, coworking centers provide opportunities to grow faith and authentic friendships.

Even though Liam Collins’ home office in Colwich, Kansas, was located in a separate building behind his house, he still struggled to get work done during the COVID-19 pandemic because his three young sons often sought his attention.

“I’ll be gone for half a day and then I’ll come home, and they’re excited to see me,” said Collins, 33, a software engineer and entrepreneur, about his time working at home. “Then I go off to my office and I want to work for four more hours, and it’s really disappointing for them.”

By renting an office at a Catholic coworking space two blocks from his home, Collins has found a way to be close to his family but just far enough away to stay focused on his work.

Collins, who runs a software consulting business and two other start-up companies, works three days a week at Ora et Labora Catholic Coworking Fellowship, where he said he benefits from being part of a community of other Catholics working in diverse professions, including a financial analyst and podcast producer, but where he can always close his office door when it’s time to work.

Continued below.

Reactions: PloverWing

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's a brilliant idea, I really like that. The only thing I miss about being in the office was that we had access to Mass, rosaries, some of the major feast days meant special things in the office like a procession, a special lunch, etc. Maybe if it comes down to it I can do something similar and seek out some other Catholics who might benefit from going in on a work space together.

Working from home can be distracting sometimes but I do love it. I love being able to step away from my desk every time I have a few moments and play with my son or chat with my wife.

Upvote 0