Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Anybody else current evacuees from the storm?

I evacuated from Lake Charles and I FINALLY found a hotel room back on Tuesday when I evacuated. It was THE HOTEL with a vacancy up in West Monroe, Louisiana. I evactuated from Lake Charles, Louisiana.

It so difficult. I don't really have money for this, but it was important to be safe. I hear that water and electricy are out in Lake Charles. I have to go back on Tuesday as I don't have money to stay longer and I will have to see if my house is okay or not.

I have a feeling that trees may have fallen on it.

I don't really have enough clothes (left with what I had one, was able to get a couple of cheap outfits from Walmart). Had some nice people actually come and fix my transport wheelchair as the from wheel fell off and I can't really go anywhere without it because of my scoliosis. My back gets too sore.

I Idon't have friends or family nearby and my job is awful, taking points off if I would miss work, so I have to work as I can't afford to lose the job. I have some points off for having to get to a doctor appointment once and another time when my alarm didn't go off and I was late for work. Then, for evacuating. So, I can't afford to lose more points. I have to be able to work. It sucks. The company doesn't really care about us.

I forgot to bring a toothbrush and the hotel does't have toothbrushes, just toothpaste. I bought some toothpaste at Walmart because I am supposed to use sensative teeth toothpaste.

I need prayers because I don't know what I am going to do with this situation or if the house is damaged. I do have home insurance, but I've never used it and I don't really understand it all. Plus, what I've usually heard is that I have to pay so much and then insurance will pay the rest of the price, and I don't even have money to pay that first part of money that will be needed.

My job doesn't pay THAT well.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Believe me, I am praying for you and for your company to understand the circumstances.

My uncle lived in Lake Charles. He passed away two years ago. After the last hurricane hit, his house had mold in it. I don't know what he did after that. I sent him a birthday card s few years ago. I don't know if he remembered me or wasn't well enough to answer.

My brother used to live in Homestead, Florida, and lost everyting to Hurricane Andrew.

BTW, you have a great sense of humor. :)

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praying for you, I live in a hurricane area so I can empathize. I have been through Lake Charles, I hope and pray that your home and people you know are safe and were spared the worst.

Praying for you :)

Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Believe me, I am praying for you and for your company to understand the circumstances.

My uncle lived in Lake Charles. He passed away two years ago. After the last hurricane hit, his house had mold in it. I don't know what he did after that. I sent him a birthday card s few years ago. I don't know if he remembered me or wasn't well enough to answer.

My brother used to live in Homestead, Florida, and lost everyting to Hurricane Andrew.

BTW, you have a great sense of humor. :)
I love your signature.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anybody else current evacuees from the storm?

I evacuated from Lake Charles and I FINALLY found a hotel room back on Tuesday when I evacuated. It was THE HOTEL with a vacancy up in West Monroe, Louisiana. I evactuated from Lake Charles, Louisiana.

It so difficult. I don't really have money for this, but it was important to be safe. I hear that water and electricy are out in Lake Charles. I have to go back on Tuesday as I don't have money to stay longer and I will have to see if my house is okay or not.

I have a feeling that trees may have fallen on it.

I don't really have enough clothes (left with what I had one, was able to get a couple of cheap outfits from Walmart). Had some nice people actually come and fix my transport wheelchair as the from wheel fell off and I can't really go anywhere without it because of my scoliosis. My back gets too sore.

I Idon't have friends or family nearby and my job is awful, taking points off if I would miss work, so I have to work as I can't afford to lose the job. I have some points off for having to get to a doctor appointment once and another time when my alarm didn't go off and I was late for work. Then, for evacuating. So, I can't afford to lose more points. I have to be able to work. It sucks. The company doesn't really care about us.

I forgot to bring a toothbrush and the hotel does't have toothbrushes, just toothpaste. I bought some toothpaste at Walmart because I am supposed to use sensative teeth toothpaste.

I need prayers because I don't know what I am going to do with this situation or if the house is damaged. I do have home insurance, but I've never used it and I don't really understand it all. Plus, what I've usually heard is that I have to pay so much and then insurance will pay the rest of the price, and I don't even have money to pay that first part of money that will be needed.

My job doesn't pay THAT well.
I will pray for you especially that your job will understand.

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Wretched Sinner/Belovèd Child of God/Church Nerd
Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟22,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Update (I wrote this in general to post on sites, so some things are repeated):

Hey all. So, when they called for the mandatory evacuation from Lake Charles, I picked up a few things and got out. I didn't take time to pack up tons of things. I didn't want to get stuck at home or in traffic. I went north and found myself in West Monroe, Louisiana. I found one single hotel room. It was literally THE hotel with a room vacancy that I could find. Somebody had ended up cancelling that night.

So, I had my service dogs, no change of clothes, and my laptop, basically. I had a few other things, but I couldn't pack up everything because of my back problems and not wanting to get stuck in the traffic or in heavy rain.

Lake Charles is in awful condition. My house had a tree fall through the roof of the back of my rooms. So, the roof and ceiling is all ruined in two main rooms, maybe a little bathroom, and a little area where a file cabinet can fit.

Some people have helped me with donating some money so I could get some clothes and eat and should be able to travel when I check out of the hotel on September 4th. My job is one that I do from home as it is. At first, I thought I wasn't happy with the company, but they have really stepped up. They payed for the hotel from the day Ii checked in and then checking out on the 4th.

I will have a host up in Tennessee while Lake Charles and my house are all being repaired.

Lake Charles does not have any running water or any electricity.

I think it was only one life that the storm, itself, took. I know another one was taken when somebody fell off of a ladder. Most of them seem to end up being because people will get a generator, they won't get a CO alarm, and they will run the generator and they will place it somewhere they think it safe and it may seem so, but CO gas seeps into their house.

That's sad and it is sad seeing all of the destruction in my hometown. I know we will rebuild, but it certainly hurts my heart.

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Wretched Sinner/Belovèd Child of God/Church Nerd
Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟22,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love your signature.

The "Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Each Other" comes from the EARLY days of Christian Forums. They had "ErwinBot," which was a ChatBot and it was good at answering the basic programmed questions and could "learn" some. It was fun to play with it. Erwin was (is?) the guy that came up with and ran a lot of this site. So, it was ErwinBot for the ChatBot. By now, I have no idea what I asked it, but it basically told me that Erwin was its friend and then in the next post it told me that it would eat Erwin.

Upvote 0