Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bill Gates is probably a good enough example.I'm not suggesting they give away all their money. But instead use their free time to seek more ambitious goals. They have the money and resources to pull it off.

How much does the Gates Foundation donate?
The philanthropists have donated more than $36 billion to charitable causes, including $4.8 billion last year. Through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the couple has focused on global health, education, and poverty.

Why Bill and Melinda Gates give away billions - CNBC.com

14 billionaires signed Bill Gates and Warren Buffett's Giving
These 14 billionaires have promised to give away more than half of their money

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And then there's the supernatural gifts, the thing everyone is so scared about and treats them like a horror movie coming to life. The things that can literally turn the world upside down.

Examples?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was born to my parents.I am their child. I have all of the rights and privileges that comes with being their child.I will always be their child. :) That is simple.

They might both die tomorrow. You might disown them before that if you choose.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is you.There is always a choice to go up top or even leave the house entirely. But it's never even an afterthought to most.

Everybody thinks about it. Most do not follow their passions.
About 10% do. But "most" was not your claim. Your incorrect
claim was that it's not a choice, and it is a choice people independently make.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They might both die tomorrow. You might disown them before that if you choose.
My parents have been deceased for many, many years. I am in my sixth decade. :), But, even though they are gone, I am still their child according to flesh. But spiritually God is my Father and Lord Jesus is my Lord, and my King, my God in whom I trust.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My parents have been deceased for many, many years. I am in my sixth decade. :), But, even though they are gone, I am still their child according to flesh. But spiritually God is my Father and Lord Jesus is my Lord, and my King, my God in whom I trust.

So what rights and privileges do you enjoy from them?
Because when my parents die I stop noticing rights and privileges
on the day they die. Fleshly, I'm the parent to any living kids I have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So what rights and privileges do you enjoy from them?
Because when my parents die I stop noticing rights and privileges
on the day they die. Fleshly, I'm the parent to any living kids I have.

I am their heir. And you will be your parents heir. We are joint heirs with Christ.
Romans 8:16-18 King James Version (KJV)
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So what rights and privileges do you enjoy from them now that they are gone?
I haven't told you enough? You are asking very deep personal questions of me and I don't know you. ;)

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,994.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You are asking very deep personal questions of me and I don't know you.
You feel entitled to ask others such questions, yet become offended when they do the same, and resent being asked for clarification, reacting discourteously. I suggest you examine your motives here a little more intently than heretofore.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How much does the Gates Foundation donate?
The philanthropists have donated more than $36 billion to charitable causes, including $4.8 billion last year. Through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the couple has focused on global health, education, and poverty.

Why Bill and Melinda Gates give away billions - CNBC.com

14 billionaires signed Bill Gates and Warren Buffett's Giving
These 14 billionaires have promised to give away more than half of their money

Not quite. The poor widow still gave more - literally speaking

Remember the instance when Mary poured the very expensive perfume upon Jesus while the other disciples ranted about the monetary value of the perfume that can be used to help the poor.

While charity to the poor is still quite important, there is another use of money (or other resources at hand) far more important than giving to charity.

Exceedingly very few people ever realize it. Among all Israelites at that time of Christ, only one person figured it out.

Even money isn't the point of the story there.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Handmaid for Jesus said:
I was born to my parents. I am their child. I have all of the rights and privileges that comes with being their child. I will always be their child. :) That is simple.

I haven't told you enough? You are asking very deep personal questions of me and I don't know you. ;)

I was asking you to clarify your (simple) statement. Since it is not clear what you are talking about, then it can be ignored. That is simply the facts. I thought maybe you had a valid point, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

My dad passed away last year and yesterday my mom said I should give some of my dad's life insurance money to his great-grandkids.

Um...no...I'm not going to give $5000 each to three great-grandkids from his first marriage to kids I've never met. All rights and privileges to being blood relatives of my dad end at his death. I have no responsibility to distribute dads money to the kids of his first wife. My dad could do that while alive if he chose to. And my mom can do that while she is alive. But I'm not going to honor my mothers request to give dad's money to his great grandkids......and I don't know their names or where they live anyway. My dad was married before. By law, all rights and privileges for his wife end at the divorce. I was my Dad's child, but now that he has passed on, I am no longer his child. Whatever his destination after death is, I am no longer part of his family now. Dad had no plans on going to Heaven anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Still not it. These are still shallow pursuits.
You are very judgmental of other peoples lives. You must be a priest or rabbi or something to rank the value of the works of others. I wish you would publish your standards so that we could know if we all measure up.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Examples?

Way too big to tell. Even bigger than those pulled off by Moses.

The vast majority can barely imagine it because they are completely unaware of their place and purpose in the Universe. Not even aware what the Universe truly is.

As Cancer cells are, they don't know their purpose. They just eat, multiply, adapt, evolve, spread, help others achieve the same, thinking that is their purpose but only ends up leading everyone to a grim end.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Way too big to tell. Even bigger than those pulled off by Moses.The vast majority can barely imagine it because they are completely unaware of their place and purpose in the Universe. Not even aware what the Universe truly is.As Cancer cells are, they don't know their purpose. They just eat, multiply, adapt, evolve, spread, help others achieve the same, thinking that is their purpose but only ends up leading everyone to a grim end.

True enough. I too am unable to grasp what you are not saying.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You are very judgmental of other peoples lives. You must be a priest or rabbi or something to rank the value of the works of others. I wish you would publish your standards so that we could know if we all measure up.

I am simply seeking the Truth, the more of the truth you know of this world and the things in it, the more you realize how worthless and meaningless they are.

You may not agree with me but the Bible says of it too. (John 7:7, 1 John 2:15-17, John 15:19, 1 John 5:19).

I'm not even seeking the Truth from the Bible but from every information I can gather, mostly from secular sources. But the facts agree with Christ's teachings.

Upvote 0