Humans are capable of being sinless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comanch09

Dec 23, 2003
✟1,810.00
Faith
Christian
At the request of another member, I will start a thread on this topic. I stated that human's are capable of being sinless in another thread.

Anyway here is my point. After Baptism, I feel that a human has the full capability of living sinless, contrary to what many other Christians believe. Does it mean it happen's much, probably not. But, a person has the full capability of being sinless after Baptism. Anyone who want's to add anything, feel free.

koban4max

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2005
✟3,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Comanch09 said:
At the request of another member, I will start a thread on this topic. I stated that human's are capable of being sinless in another thread.

Anyway here is my point. After Baptism, I feel that a human has the full capability of living sinless, contrary to what many other Christians believe. Does it mean it happen's much, probably not. But, a person has the full capability of being sinless after Baptism. Anyone who want's to add anything, feel free.

Maybe you are wrong...maybe telling us this is a sin.:crossrc:

Upvote 0
£

£amb

Comanch09 said:

Read 1 John 1:8-10 and 2:1-2

Upvote 0

Comanch09

Dec 23, 2003
✟1,810.00
Faith
Christian
Maybe you are wrong...maybe telling us this is a sin.

I believe there are some people who can live a sinless life. Are you one of them?

These two posts of your's are contradicting. First, you tell me that it is maybe a sin to say human's can't be sinners. Basically, you said you believe it isn't possible for a human to be sinless after baptism. Now you say that it is possible. Do you just enjoy conflict and arguing with other posters?

To answer your question, since I have already committed at least one sin in my life, I would say no. Still doesn't mean it isn't possible. Also, after having confession, and ask for forgiveness, you are then known to be sinless at that moment. But we're not discussing that, we are talking about being sinless after baptism without making a confession and ask for forgiveness about sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
£

£amb

Comanch09 said:
Read it and found nothing related to this topic. Please quote it, and explain yourself a little better, maybe I read the wrong lines, but don't think I did.

1 John 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

1 John 2:1-2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifece for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

This is related to the topic. You say you can live without sin, then you also claim to be without sin. These verses say differently. It also says that if we do sin...then Jesus is our defense. If we were able to live without sin...then the verse wouldn't have said "but if anybody does sin". It showing there is the possibility...even as christians that we will sin. Not just with our actions, but our thoughts, and our emotions. Can we truly control all those to have a sinless life. Can we say we have never boasted, reacted to anger, coveted something, felt hatred, looked at someone with lust, felt proud, unforgiving, conceited, etc., etc.?

Upvote 0

Comanch09

Dec 23, 2003
✟1,810.00
Faith
Christian
You say you can live without sin, then you also claim to be without sin.

I said people/humans are able to be sinless, didn't say I was since I have already stated that I have sinned at least once. If you meant "I said people..." then you are correct, but not "I said I have...". Careful with the wording there next time. To counter your second claim, I never said that I was without sin. I will show where I stated the opposite, but you can quote somewhere if I'm wrong or missed something. Here is the quote that discredits the last claim:

To answer your question, since I have already committed at least one sin in my life, I would say no.

That disproves the last claim.

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin,...

Actually, this quote from the verse you state proves my claim that it is possible for human's to live without sin after Baptism. "I write this to you so that you will not sin". Meaning, he is trying to prevent them from sinning. He can't prevent someone from sinning once who has already sinned. "But if anybody does sin", meaning it is possible to live without sin. But, again, doesn't happen much, at least to my knowledge.

Upvote 0
£

£amb

Comanch09 said:
I said people/humans are able to be sinless, didn't say I was since I have already stated that I have sinned at least once. If you meant "I said people..." then you are correct, but not "I said I have...". Careful with the wording there next time. To counter your second claim, I never said that I was without sin. I will show where I stated the opposite, but you can quote somewhere if I'm wrong or missed something. Here is the quote that discredits the last claim:

That disproves the last claim.

Actually, this quote from the verse you state proves my claim that it is possible for human's to live without sin after Baptism. "I write this to you so that you will not sin". Meaning, he is trying to prevent them from sinning. He can't prevent someone from sinning once who has already sinned. "But if anybody does sin", meaning it is possible to live without sin. But, again, doesn't happen much, at least to my knowledge.

I apologize if I took some of you wording out of context. I realize that now that I reread your OP. It was not my intention...I read over it quickly and posted quickly also.

Upvote 0

Comanch09

Dec 23, 2003
✟1,810.00
Faith
Christian

Do you have anything to say about the quote above?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Comanch09

Dec 23, 2003
✟1,810.00
Faith
Christian
I don't know what thread is about....sinless? I dunno man....
People sin and when they confess...god shows love.
It's good to be sinless....but dude, you ain't jesus christ.

I'm not even sure where to go with your post. Where did I say I was Jesus Christ? Where did I say that I didn't sin? Why do you drift off and post stuff that doesn't even fit into the thread?

People sin and when they confess...god shows love.

K...The point of confession is that you are forgiven of your sins. To translate that for you, that means your slate is wiped clean. God forgives you means it's done, forgotten, as if it never happened.

Anyways, I still stand by my belief that humans are capable of being sinless after Baptism. Doesn't happen much, but it's still possible.

Upvote 0

koban4max

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2005
✟3,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Comanch09 said:
I'm not even sure where to go with your post. Where did I say I was Jesus Christ? Where did I say that I didn't sin? Why do you drift off and post stuff that doesn't even fit into the thread?

K...The point of confession is that you are forgiven of your sins. To translate that for you, that means your slate is wiped clean. God forgives you means it's done, forgotten, as if it never happened.

Anyways, I still stand by my belief that humans are capable of being sinless after Baptism. Doesn't happen much, but it's still possible.

My point is..it's good to be sinless..you know?
but nobody can do that besides god..
we can try to be sinless..be we will fail.

Upvote 0
£

£amb

Comanch09 said:
Do you have anything to say about the quote above?

The verse will be read differently by people. What more can I say about it. Are we capable of not sinning...maybe. But can we truly....no. I don't think anybody could in the heart, mind or soul truly not go without sinning. As I said before, you woud have to control your actions, thoughts and emotions to accomplish this. Even David, a man after God's own heart, sinned. Solomon who was granted the gift of wisdom directly from God sinned. Judas who walked and talked with Jesus sinned. Adam who walked and talked with God sinned. Although these people were not technically baptised the way we were, they still saw, spoke, walked, ate and fellowshipped with Jesus. Wouldn't you think we would of read stories of them leading sinless lives also? They didn't. How can I say that I could possibly live without sin even after I was Baptised?

There's nought else to say from my part. Maybe someone else can help enlighten you. :)

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,019,421.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Comanch09 said:

Without elaborating, you have done nothing to prove your case.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.