Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That is true. We will get close to destroying civilization, but Satan will complete it. Luckily, God will give us a New Jerusalem.
(I forget), are people “in heaven” allowed to wander-off?
If so, do they have like, a set “time” they have to be back before anyone notices that they’re gone?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟157,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Just an observation here, but when Christians say this "us vs. them" stuff like this we just stare at you (metaphorically in this case), shake our heads and blink. Christians "belong" to this world just like every other thing on the planet. The really frustrating part from the atheists' POV, though, is that even if you die peacefully with the belief you're going to "meet your maker" you'll never actually know you were wrong. You'll just be gone. Just like the rest of us.
I’ve never quite understand why “oblivion” is “bad”. The multitudinous grand fathers of mine alive during the Punic Wars, passed on exactly what I needed for this life and if I’ve “used it” the way I want, why is that “bad”?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟175,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(I forget), are people “in heaven” allowed to wander-off?
If so, do they have like, a set “time” they have to be back before anyone notices that they’re gone?
I am not sure, but I think people in Heaven would have no need to wander off. :)

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟252,909.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I’ve never quite understand why “oblivion” is “bad”. The multitudinous grand fathers of mine alive during the Punic Wars, passed on exactly what I needed for this life and if I’ve “used it” the way I want, why is that “bad”?
I rather like The Good Place depiction of Heaven where you have access to all levels of learning and knowledge, pleasure, comfort and then when you're "done" you can choose to just stop being with no judgement or sadness.

That was a great show.

Upvote 0