human life began in Africa, is this not what the bible tells us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Originally Posted by Loudmouth
Right. So God's word had to pass through fallible humans. Compare that to the creation which is the direct work of the Creator without needing to pass through humans first.
Oh my! Queller agreeing wholeheartedly with an atheist! Now I've seen it all!:bow:
Yes, and in post #893 I disagreed with an atheist. Why aren't you pointing that out?

In post #851 I agreed wholeheartedly with a fellow Christian. Why aren't you pointing that out?

On the firmament thread in post #571 I agreed wholeheartedly with a different fellow Christian. Will you be going to that thread and pointing out my agreement and making a fool of yourself pointing that out like you did here?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and in post #893 I disagreed with an atheist. Why aren't you pointing that out?

In post #851 I agreed wholeheartedly with a fellow Christian. Why aren't you pointing that out?

On the firmament thread in post #571 I agreed wholeheartedly with a different fellow Christian. Will you be going to that thread and pointing out my agreement and making a fool of yourself pointing that out like you did here?

Maybe when these become the majority rather than the 1%.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Maybe when these become the majority rather than the 1%.
Let's see your evidence that I only agree with Christians 1% of the time.

You never will because

1. You know the claim is a lie and;

2. For every opinion I have ever given and every statement I have ever made there are Christians who agree with me.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Let's see your evidence that I only agree with Christians 1% of the time.

You never will because

1. You know the claim is a lie and;

2. For every opinion I have ever given and every statement I have ever made there are Christians who agree with me.

So what do you want me to do? Am I expected to go back through every post you've ever made and list them all here? Some things just aren't worth my time.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
So what do you want me to do? Am I expected to go back through every post you've ever made and list them all here? Some things just aren't worth my time.
It certainly seems to be worth your time to make unsubstantiated claims about me.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Yeah, Queller! :D:D:D

Seriously though. I'm trying!

Would you disagree with Francis Collins, your fellow christian?

"The tragedy of young-earth creationism is that it takes a relatively recent and extreme view of Genesis, applies to it an unjustified scientific gloss, and then asks sincere and well-meaning seekers to swallow this whole, despite the massive discordance with decades of scientific evidence from multiple disciplines. Is it any wonder that many sadly turn away from faith concluding that they cannot believe in a God who asks for an abandonment of logic and reason?"--Francis Collins, "Faith and the Human Genome"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Would you disagree with Francis Collins, your fellow christian?

"The tragedy of young-earth creationism is that it takes a relatively recent and extreme view of Genesis, applies to it an unjustified scientific gloss, and then asks sincere and well-meaning seekers to swallow this whole, despite the massive discordance with decades of scientific evidence from multiple disciplines. Is it any wonder that many sadly turn away from faith concluding that they cannot believe in a God who asks for an abandonment of logic and reason?"--Francis Collins, "Faith and the Human Genome"

We can either use what some call "logic and reason" (also known as parroting what others say), or we can use faith, as God tells us:

Hebrews 11--
11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
We can either use what some call "logic and reason" (also known as parroting what others say), or we can use faith, as God tells us:

Hebrews 11--
11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Hebrews was written by Paul, not God. That is what is called using "logic and reason". If you can't tell the difference between a man and a deity, perhaps you should start there.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews was written by Paul, not God. That is what is called using "logic and reason". If you can't tell the difference between a man and a deity, perhaps you should start there.

2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Was any of your scientific theories not written by men (or women)?

None of the evidence for those theories was written by men. That's the difference. When we say that a genome has this, or a fossil has this, it doesn't depend on a single human for that to be true. The facts in science are completely independent of humans.

For creationism, the entire thing is based solely on what men have written in books. None of it is based on independent evidence.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
None of the evidence for those theories was written by men. That's the difference. When we say that a genome has this, or a fossil has this, it doesn't depend on a single human for that to be true. The facts in science are completely independent of humans.

For creationism, the entire thing is based solely on what men have written in books. None of it is based on independent evidence.

I didn't ask if the "evidence" for those theories was written by men. I asked you if the theories were. Nice try though!

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
I didn't ask if the "evidence" for those theories was written by men. I asked you if the theories were. Nice try though!

I explained how the evidence for those theories were not written by men. It is entirely possible that the theories men have constructed are wrong. The point is that you can determine if a theory is wrong BY LOOKING AT THE EVIDENCE. How do you determine if creationism is wrong?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The point is that you can determine if a theory is wrong BY LOOKING AT THE EVIDENCE.

Wasn't it evidence that created that theory in the first place?

Does Phlogiston come to mind?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Wasn't it evidence that created that theory in the first place?

Does Phlogiston come to mind?
That confirms Loudmouth's point that if you look at the evidence then you can determine if a theory is incorrect (Phlogiston) or correct (evolution), AV1611VET.
Evidence creates a theory, e.g. the massive amount of evidence that Darwin collected or all of the astronomy observations behind Newtonian gravity.
More evidence confirms or invalidates a theory.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.