America
✟3,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've never heard of any Christian who thinks a human is his cells. You know the expression "you are what you eat"? You're saying that the majority of what I've been in my life is food, that I have been just cows and bananas and such, that I am just material from the material world.
No, you are not making sense. You were once a single cell. It multiplied and became different forms of the cell. That is why a cell from the heart looks different from nerve cells.
Those cells die. The overwhelming majority of your cells, of which you are made, will have died before your life ends.

Upvote 0

whatisinausername

Nov 23, 2022
America
✟3,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
if he is a saint, that’s something to answer for on Judgment Day, when everything we’ve done will be exposed.
It is pretty standard protocol to trash blood. In fact, he wasn't supposed to test his own blood. (But we did it anyways)

Upvote 0

whatisinausername

Nov 23, 2022
America
✟3,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A manager left his blood for you? :confused: You considered keeping it as a relic because he was well-liked? :confused: Are you trolling us here?
I was joking with him. It was his last day and I am sure he wanted to run some free lab tests on himself. He accidently left it at my work station.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,985.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
No, you are not making sense. You were once a single cell. It multiplied and became different forms of the cell. That is why a cell from the heart looks different from nerve cells.
Those cells die. The overwhelming majority of your cells, of which you are made, will have died before your life ends.
The cell did not multiply itself without nutrition from outside itself.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is pretty standard protocol to trash blood. In fact, he wasn't supposed to test his own blood. (But we did it anyways)
well, you said if he’s a saint. either way, we will be judged for all of our deeds.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the main point in all this is "respect of the body" which used to be a person and temple of the Holy Spirit. Can composting be done with respect. I think so. Others disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whatisinausername

Nov 23, 2022
America
✟3,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
well, you said if he’s a saint. either way, we will be judged for all of our deeds.
I agree with that. Did all the cells Jesus lost over his lifetime get resurrected too? He obviously pooped, so did those cells go to Heaven?
I deal with poop, pee, blood, body fluids, tissues. I just throw them in the trash. It just makes me think because some of it is from dead people. People donate blood and I'm sure a few died for whatever reason afterwards. Should it be returned?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whatisinausername

Nov 23, 2022
America
✟3,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think the main point in all this is "respect of the body" which used to be a person and temple of the Holy Spirit. Can composting be done with respect. I think so. Other disagree.
It shouldn't be treated like trash. But, I see no reason to try to preserve it.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree with that. Did all the cells Jesus lost over his lifetime get resurrected too? He obviously pooped, so did those cells go to Heaven?
I deal with poop, pee, blood, body fluids, tissues. I just throw them in the trash. It just makes me think because some of it is from dead people. People donate blood and I'm sure a few died for whatever reason afterwards. Should it be returned?
well, His human nature was perfectly deified from His conception, so that’s a weird area to try to speculate.

but that doesn’t address the point of how we should respect the body when someone departs.

Upvote 0

whatisinausername

Nov 23, 2022
America
✟3,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
well, His human nature was perfectly deified from His conception, so that’s a weird area to try to speculate.

but that doesn’t address the point of how we should respect the body when someone departs.
He ate, so unless He had a magic intestine He pooed.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
He ate, so unless He had a magic intestine He pooed.
not magic, deified. He didn’t poop the fish and honey He ate after the Resurrection.

and this is distracting from the point of the thread.

Upvote 0

whatisinausername

Nov 23, 2022
America
✟3,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
not magic, deified. He didn’t poop the fish and honey He ate after the Resurrection.

and this is distracting from the point of the thread.
So He grew up not pooping or loosing skin or cells? He died. At 33 he would have changed all of His cells at least 3 times. He lost blood before the resurrection, did it get resurrected? In the Catholic Church you wouldn't dare put the Eucharist in the trash. You would not chuck a body in the dumpster. Yet, I have given up my own blood, as I am sure everyone probably has for testing, and think nothing of it getting thrown out.

Your blood isn't just a chemical mix, it is FULL of your own cells.

1670985412355.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So He grew up not pooping or loosing skin or cells? He died. At 33 he would have changed all of His cells at least 3 times. He lost blood before the resurrection, did it get resurrected? In the Catholic Church you wouldn't dare put the Eucharist in the trash. You would not chuck a body in the dumpster. Yet, I have given up my own blood, as I am sure everyone probably has for testing, and think nothing of it getting thrown out.

Your blood isn't just a chemical mix, it is FULL of your own cells.
I didn’t say what His body did or didn’t do, I said it’s foolish to speculate since His Body was deified.

and, again, this doesn’t have to do with the initial post about respecting the departed.

Upvote 0

whatisinausername

Nov 23, 2022
America
✟3,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I didn’t say what His body did or didn’t do, I said it’s foolish to speculate since His Body was deified.

and, again, this doesn’t have to do with the initial post about respecting the departed.
Well, Jesus grew up and appeared human for the most part. I think not eating, drinking, or pooping would have given it away. I think it is relevant. If you put a shotgun in your mouth and blow your brains all over the place a cleaning service will take care of that while the rest of your body is buried in an unopened casket.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, Jesus grew up and appeared human for the most part. I think not eating, drinking, or pooping would have given it away. I think it is relevant. If you put a shotgun in your mouth and blow your brains all over the place a cleaning service will take care of that while the rest of your body is buried in an unopened casket.
well, He didn’t just appear human. He is human. but human nature is still human nature whether or not it’s unfallen, fallen, or deified.

Upvote 0

whatisinausername

Nov 23, 2022
America
✟3,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
well, He didn’t just appear human. He is human. but human nature is still human nature whether or not it’s unfallen, fallen, or deified.
To be very clear, Jesus was fully God and fully human.

Jesus was born. He came out of a vagina (begotten, not made)
He wept.
He died. (unlike in Islam where He was magically whisked away)
He was naked on the cross. Yet, we want another image of Him. He was horribly humiliated.

My body, as it currently exists, will end up in a black hole and decaying for unknown trillions of years due to Hawking radiation. And yet I believe in the resurrection.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
To be very clear, Jesus was fully God and fully human.

Jesus was born. He came out of a vagina (begotten, not made)
He wept.
He died. (unlike in Islam where He was magically whisked away)
He was naked on the cross. Yet, we want another image of Him. He was horribly humiliated.

My body, as it currently exists, will end up in a black hole and decaying for unknown trillions of years due to Hawking radiation. And yet I believe in the resurrection.
I already said that. plus, that doesn’t deal with the original post.

except the begotten not made deals with His hypostatic eternal origin from the Father, not His natural incarnational birth from Mary.

Upvote 0