My heart is in Hong Kong...
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Dear everyone,

I'm going through a lot of stress right now due to my brother, who has autism. He has been doing things to creep me out and things that make me incredibly uncomfortable. I don't even have time to go into details. I can't even sit at my dinner table anymore across from him for those reasons. I've just been stressed all day and night. If you ask me why I still live at home at my age, it is very common in my culture to do that before marriage. My brother wants to move out though (so he could rebel?) and now my parents are trying to find someone to look after him as he cannot be independent. While having my brother gone might seem like the ideal solution, what if he gets abused elsewhere, and comes back home with his condition even worse than before? Basically only God knows what is best for my brother and my family in the long run. So please pray for my brother's future, and more importantly, please pray that he won't do things to creep me out anymore and that I don't have to be terrified at home. Again, it's very hard to explain what he's doing to me but God knows what I am talking about. Hope you believe in the urgency of this prayer request. Thanks everyone!

MissKatie

Having life abundantly
Jun 3, 2013
✟7,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Heavely Father,

Please bless ahmunmun, her brother, and her family. Autism can be such a heartbreaking thing, but help ahmunmun remember "that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him" (Romans 8:28). Please keep ahmunmun strong as she deals with her brother's Autism, and offer her peace even when her brother is exhibiting his most troubled behavior. May these experiences lead them closer to You, Lord. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
:prayer:

~

Autism is so tough, ahmunmun. I have worked with children and teens who have special needs, and my neighbor, a little boy who is very close to my heart, has Autism, as well. The stress it puts on families in unimaginable. Hugs for you!:hug:

I do not know where your brother falls on the autism spectrum, but I thought you might enjoy the story of Carly Fleishmann. She is an amazing teenager with severe Autism, and despite being non-verbal, she has recently published a book. Look up Carly Fleishmann on YouTube. Amazing!

God bless,

Katie

Reactions: ahmunmun
Upvote 0

His will be done

Trust in the Lord
Jul 8, 2011
wherever the Lord wills it (currently England)
✟15,209.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
In Christ's name may your entire family be guided to peace, harmony and redemption by the Lord. Father send your Spirit to protect our sister and guide her brother to safety. In Jesus' name

His will be done

Reactions: ahmunmun
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.