Brooklin
✟4,248.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Question 1: Is there any chance for me to be saved?

Yes there is, for we, as humans, do not know who the elect are. Election is totally unconditional. It has absolutely nothing to do with works AT ALL. Surely, if you are part of the elect, you will eventually have to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ, and He then calls You to Him, and changes Your heart to be willing to love Him.

Question 2: How do I know if I am reprobate?

First, let's define reprobate. "One who is predestined to damnation." How do you know when you are reprobate? I think the answer is obvious. If you end up in hell.

Question 3: How can I tell if I am among the exclusive select few who are the one and only ones who are worthy of Gods love and thus worthy to aquire the gift of salvation?

First off, your question is illogical. Nobody is worthy of God's love, and therefore, nobody is worthy to acquire the gift of salvation. However, because God chooses unconditionally His sheep, He makes us righteous by faith.

Hab. 2:4 ""Behold, his soul is puffed up; it is not upright within him,
but the righteous shall live by his faith."

We are made worthy by faith. But what is faith? Faith is clearly the work of God. Faith is then a gift of God.

Eph. 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Question 4: How does one become a Christian, should I have been baptized as an infant?

No. One becomes a christian when God, by His irresistable grace, decides to change your heart, therefore making you regenerate, so that you may choose Him.

Question 5: Do I shake a preachers hand?

No.

Question 6: What do I do? :scratch:

As a human, you can't do anything to earn salvation, for as a human, you cannot do ANYTHING good at all.

Psalm 14:3
They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt;
there is none who does good,
not even one.

So, what do you do? All you can do is wait for God to change your heart to make you willing to love Him.

Randy

Upvote 0

seekingpurity047

Why am I not surprised
Apr 12, 2005
Brooklin
✟4,248.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
ConfidentlyNonCalvinist said:
BUT Calvinists, through the doctrine of exclusive selection, teach that God doesn't love everyone....

You mean unconditional election. Plus, this doesn't necessarily mean that God doesn't love all men, it strictly means that God saves only His sheep. I mean, God expresses His love to everyone, people are still alive and not believing aren't they? What a wonderful God we have that loves even the reprobate!!! These people still get earthly blesings, for they may still be living. Of course, everything is to His glory.

Randy

Upvote 0

reformedfan

Senior Veteran
Dec 18, 2003
http://lightintheblack.co.uk/forum/portal.php
Visit site
✟12,904.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BUT Calvinists, through the doctrine of exclusive selection, teach that God doesn't love everyone....

God's sovereignty in election doesn't make 'repent & be converted' any less of a command.

Upvote 0

seekingpurity047

Why am I not surprised
Apr 12, 2005
Brooklin
✟4,248.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So you believe that God will eventually save everyone?

You are doing one of two things here. One would be twisting my words, or two, you are misunderstanding.

I clearly did not say that. I said that man cannot do anything, because God is the one who truly acts to make one believe or not. I never said everyone will be saved. Don't put words in my mouth.

Randy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seekingpurity047

Why am I not surprised
Apr 12, 2005
Brooklin
✟4,248.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No they don't. In order for someone to know if they are elect before they are saved, one would have to be God. And, if one is God, then one doesn't need to be saved :p.

The question is unanswerable. One cannnot know the answer to the question, for we are not God. God regenerates the heart, and we get saved, that's how we know.

We can't possibly know before we are regenerate.

Randy

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
No one has yet answered the question.

How do those who are the exclusive select few who are afforded the priviledge of being the one and only ones God loves enough to be that select exclusive few KNOW beforehand that they are that group, no mattewr what any of you say they MUST have this prior knowledge in order to be in that exclusive select group......

wrong, wrong, and wrong again....

Upvote 0