How would a nuclear war between Russia and the US affect you?

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
How would a nuclear war between Russia and the US affect you?

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And this will be the plague with which LORD JEHOVAH strikes all the nations which fight against Jerusalem: their flesh shall melt when standing on their feet and their eyes shall melt in their sockets and their tongue shall melt in their mouths

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And this will be the plague with which LORD JEHOVAH strikes all the nations which fight against Jerusalem: their flesh shall melt when standing on their feet and their eyes shall melt in their sockets and their tongue shall melt in their mouths
I Strongly Disagree, it Will Be Fire And Brimstone, Was There A Nuclear Bomb That Destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah "No"

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,162.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And this will be the plague with which LORD JEHOVAH …
I'm sure there is no »Jehova« in the Aramaic Bible. So why it is in the »Aramaic Bible in Plain English«?
their flesh shall melt when standing on their feet and their eyes shall melt in their sockets and their tongue shall melt in their mouths
This can be found in normal Bibles (from the Hebraic), too.

Yes, it sounds like an atomic bomb (exploding probably in Syria?).

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,162.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It appears likely , for now, to remain unknown; or at least unposted.
English is not my mother tongue. I'm not sure what you want to say. Can you elaborate the statement to make it clear to me? What is »it«?

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
English is not my mother tongue. I'm not sure what you want to say. Can you elaborate the statement to make it clear to me? What is »it«?
For something , anything, why "it" is in one Bible one way and in another Bible another way, and not in yet another Bible.

Thus requiring as always Trusting God Totally and always seeking God for Truth and for Understanding and for Wisdom. i.e. don't place trust in man/mankind/science

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,162.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
For something , anything, why "it" is in one Bible one way and in another Bible another way, and not in yet another Bible.

Thus requiring as always Trusting God Totally and always seeking God for Truth and for Understanding and for Wisdom. i.e. don't place trust in man/mankind/science
I feel misunderstood.

In the Hebrew Bible, there is the tetragrammaton YHVH (or YHWH, transcription varies), In mostly appears in a form which seems to read as yehovah (the J comes from a time when I and J were not disginguished, in modern German, the J is still pronounced like consonantal y), but Jews read it as 'ªdona-y (I inserted a hyphen to avoid a pronunciation as in say), i.e. Lord. There is also the Form yehovih (e.g. in Gen 15:2), pronounced 'elohim (i=English ee), i.e. God.

In the Aramaic Bible, there is no tetragrammaton, hence no »Jehovah«. So a version called »Aramaic Bible in Plain English« does either not contain any Jehovah instance, or it is not what the name suggests.

My point was not trust in science (though we should not trust every critic of science, either), it was about a rather odd Bible edition.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What exactly do you disagree with in what you quoted ?
The Bible ???
You suggest a "Nuclear Bomb" the Bible states "Fire and Brimstone" from God out of heaven, yes man will be consumed but it won't be a "Nuclear Bomb" which is the topic of this thread

I Strongly Disagree, it Will Be Fire And Brimstone, Was There A Nuclear Bomb That Destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah "No"

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You suggest a "Nuclear Bomb" the Bible states "Fire and Brimstone" from God out of heaven, yes man will be consumed but it won't be a "Nuclear Bomb" which is the topic of this thread

Actually, as is well-documented, it was space aliens who destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. ;)
:)

Upvote 0