Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We sure need Jesus to be declared righteous. If God does not recognize Jesus as righteous then we are in trouble!
See 1 John 2:1
King James Bible
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I worded it exactly as I intended. I chose my words carefully. I never once said that Jesus was a sinner, you and others read that into my words, I said that He died as a sinner and that is the way the Scriptures speak of His death.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I worded it exactly as I intended. I chose my words carefully. I never once said that Jesus was a sinner, you and others read that into my words, I said that He died as a sinner and that is the way the Scriptures speak of His death.

Jesus did not die "as a sinner".

If He DID die "as a sinner" which means that He was a "sinner" hanging on that cross, He HIMSELF would have needed a "Savior".

In addition, some of the posts i quoted on the previous page (#134) indicate some confusion regarding Jesus' status as a "sinner" or not.

Where is it written in the Bible that Jesus the Christ died "as a sinner"?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus was justified by works of the Law.
Jesus was justified (made righteous) by the obeying the 613 laws, that applied to Him.
So were the parents of John the Baptist.

Luk 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

How is it that Zacharias could not be a sacrifice for our sin? Why did they need a Redeemer?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Probably, but I think he gave a pretty good explanation early on. I immediately knew what he meant from his initial post, but if that wasn't clear. This certainly was: How was Jesus Christ justified?

No. Didn't happen.

A clear explanation was sorely missing. And explanations thereafter were confusing, and remained that way.

Clarity, regarding if Jesus the Christ died "as a sinner" are crucial.

Amen?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

He did die as a sinner. He died in the exact manner a covenant breaker, i.e., sinner should die.

The gospel in this idea is that while He, the second Adam, passed the test that Adam failed, deserving blessing and honor, got nailed to a cross for being an obedient servant. He received an unjust death as a "reward" for being righteous, so that I/we could receive what we didn't deserve, the smile of the Father. The, "well done good and faithful servant" that we have no claim on other than through Christ's life and death on our behalf.

This is the heart of the gospel. It's Christianity 101, and it is beautiful. No greater love story has ever been told.

Upvote 0

ladodgers6

Know what you believe and why you believe it
Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Los Angeles
✟192,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We are justified by faith in Christ. But how was Jesus Christ justified?

Excellent question. John 4:34Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I worded it exactly as I intended. I chose my words carefully. I never once said that Jesus was a sinner, you and others read that into my words, I said that He died as a sinner...
This is a grammatical issue, and could easily be confused because the preposition, "as," can mean different things depending on the way it is used in a sentence.

I believe I understand what you meant now. You meant He died a sinner's death. But you chose to express the thought like so: "as a sinner".

Perhaps it would have been better to say, "as if He were a sinner". This is clear, and leaves no room for misunderstanding.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
He did die as a sinner. He died in the exact manner a covenant breaker, i.e., sinner should die.

The gospel in this idea is that while He, the second Adam, passed the test that Adam failed, deserving blessing and honor, got nailed to a cross for being an obedient servant. He received an unjust death as a "reward" for being righteous, so that I/we could receive what we didn't deserve, the smile of the Father. The, "well done good and faithful servant" that we have no claim on other than through Christ's life and death on our behalf.

This is the heart of the gospel. It's Christianity 101, and it is beautiful. No greater love story has ever been told.

Jesus died in our "place", instead of us "sinners". He didn't die "as a sinner". If He would have died "as a sinner" it would mean that He was among the "sinners" He was dying for?

Please explain. And show where it is written in the Bible that Jesus "died as a sinner".

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
No. Didn't happen.

A clear explanation was sorely missing. And explanations thereafter were confusing, and remained that way.

Clarity, regarding if Jesus the Christ died "as a sinner" are crucial.

Amen?

As I said, it was clear as a bell to me, which is why I tried to help explain, but I often regret trying to be helpful. No good deed goes unpunished, a wise man once said. . .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a grammatical issue, and could easily be confused because the preposition, "as," can mean different things depending on the way it is used in a sentence.

I believe I understand what you meant now. You meant He died a sinner's death. But you chose to express the thought like so: "as a sinner".

Perhaps it would have been better to say, "as if He were a sinner". This is clear, and leaves no room for misunderstanding.

Exactly.

Jesus died a "sinner's death."

He wasn't a "sinner".

Thank you.

Reactions: woobadooba
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As I said, it was clear as a bell to me, which is why I tried to help explain, but I often regret trying to be helpful. No good did goes unpunished, a wise man once said. . .

LOL! It wasn't clear.

"good did"?

Prey tell, what is that?

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

mcarmichael

Novice
Sep 8, 2014
✟56,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
please relax.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The technical word here is, "imputation". The sins of the elect were imputed to Christ. My sins became His, as if He actually committed them. He knew no sin. He was, and alway will be, sinless. Of course, but, while He did not commit sin, my sin is now His sin. It was imputed to Him. If it had not been, I would be in big trouble.

So, when He died, He died as a sinner. An innocent sinner. A sinless sinner. If that doesn't hurt the brain too much, but He literally died as a sinner. He had to have or else it would be you and me on that tree. He had to be a crucified as a guilty man in order to free guilty men, like me.

Again, Jesus never broke a single law of God. I however, have.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The technical word here is, "imputation". The sins of the elect were imputed to Christ. My sins became His, as if He actually committed them. He knew no sin. He was, and alway will be, sinless. Of course, but, while He did not commit sin, my sin is now His sin. It was imputed to Him. If it had not been, I would be in big trouble.

So, when He died, He died as a sinner. An innocent sinner. A sinless sinner. If that doesn't hurt the brain too much, but He literally died as a sinner. He had to have or else it would be you and me on that tree. He had to be a crucified as a guilty man in order to free guilty men, like me.

Again, Jesus never broke a single law of God. I however, have.

If Jesus died a "sinner" He would've needed a Savior, just like the dying thief, the sinner hanging beside him needed a Savior. The sins imputed to Him never became HIS sins, but still "our" sins IMPUTED to Him, the SINLESS Christ. He was never ever a "sinner".

He never ever "died as a sinner".

• Agree
Reactions: mcarmichael
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.