Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes you are right it is a dangerous path. I think I must be uncertain because I do not want to let it go even if I should. I think about how I will use the influence to share Gods love but I also know my weakness before and I do not want to go down a dark path again. The link you put is a good one thank you.

So do You think being uncertain is the sign of it is not for me?
The path for us will always be obvious without doubt?
I do think it's a sign it's not for you, but that's just my personal opinion. The path He has for us may not always be obvious at first. But eventually, God will let us know what to do. And I do think He's speaking to you in this topic through everyone's replies.

If you felt at first that this was against God's will, that may have been His leading. It is also a dangerous and controversial path, and the fact God hasn't sent confirmation yet is important. In my own experience, whenever I prayed for direction and didn't hear from Him, He never blessed me when I went for it anyway.

I don't want to discourage someone from doing something they're interested in, but I just want to be honest.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello

Some thing I have trouble with is understanding the Diferance between what God wants me too do and lucky and possibly worldly oportunity.
What I mean is, when choosing to follow God there is a certain life path I chose to give up because I felt it against God because it does not bring glory but too myself. In the few months before now that path does seem to jump at me with oportunity that is beyond my dreams!
I am afraid I do not know if it is the right path for me but I feel bad to just sit by and watch oportunitys go away because I am uncertain.
My prayer has brought me zero peace on this issue and I wish to ask other Christians for advice or example of how you know what to do. :confused:
Here are two recent broadcasts from Dr. R. C. Sproul that I think you will find helpful in figuring out how to (and how not to) discern God's will for your life.

We typically discern God's will in our relationship with Him, by renewing our minds and growing in sanctification, principally by His word and in prayer .. e.g. John 17:17; Romans 2:12, as well by seeking after Him, His kingdom and His righteousness first and foremost of all .. e.g. Matthew 6:33.

God bless you!

--David
p.s. - here is one of my very favorite verses in the Bible. It's a commandment with a promise, of sorts, the key to which is not found in chasing after the desires of our hearts, but in chasing after Him (delighting ourselves in Him).

Psalms 37
4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: VMaeLove
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:confused:

I have opportunity to do modeling and I do not want to follow a path that can lead me to vanity and I have seen the life behind it and it is a surrounding of a not wholesome life.
Even if I go in it with an idea of not bringing glory to myself what if I fail?
I think God wanted me to go away from that life but I have received offers that are once in a life time. I turn some down and it feels so bad.. I worry if it is God telling me to follow or if it is worldly luck.
My prayers do not bring me peace on this and time only keeps moving.
That is all of the detail :confused:
I do not want to seem vain talking about it but it is important
you have to be very careful with modeling. I don't know, but I hear that it can be tough life. You will be around unbelievers all day, and get all sorts of unwanted gestures. I guess if they have not asked you to model too revealing, then it would be ok. But most likely they want younger people to model their sexy lines. Just be picky about what you wear. Ask, " Does this cause people to stumble." Or would my husband (future), be angry if I wore this in public. Granted he is a christian Godly man. I think you know what i mean. But yeah, be careful. There are alot of christians in modeling, but many many of them compromise. I just heard that adriana lima is a christian, and she has worn some of the most revealing of all clothing. So you see what I mean. It is very easy to say, well everyone else does it so it's ok. But would Jesus do it? Sometimes God is in the still small voice. If God want's you to witness to that group, and you feel called to sort of be a mission. Then great, but if you feel you are not strong enough to tell your boss, no. Then maybe this opportunity is not the right fit. Godbless, you have a lot of praying and seeking the Lord. He won't guide you wrong. You are right to think about "vanity." Being in a spot light can cause pride. Pride is a very very dangerous thing. In fact I wrote an article about pride, I am dealing with that in my own heart, I will upload it and put a link. Godbless you dear sister, I pray you make the right decision.

Pride VS humility

also real quick.

If you give yourself to God with all of your heart, especially when you are young. There is no good thing God will withhold from you. If you are a christian and you compromise in your walk, that sin will return on your head. I lived in sin for twenty years of my life, after accepting Christ. This last year I started really repenting of all the small daily sins, and praying for my family, our company is not doing good, we were going through foreclosure, we had a bankruptsy, two credit card in collections. And it really could not get any worse, and I repented of life long sins, and sought the Lord with all my heart. In every way. Not just the little things, I mean everything. All laws and rules. I even follow the speed limit exactly. That is what I mean. Before I had so much compromise that it literally permeated all of my life, and twenty years of that sin piling up and piling up brought us to the brink of destruction. Then a few weeks ago, someone came out of the blue, that wants to buy our house for way more than it's worth. It's enough money to completely get us out of debt, potentially get a new car, and buy another house without a mortgage. I am not saying all that will for sure happen, but I can tell the difference between living a cursed life, due to constant compromise, and living the blessed life, by following God's commands. even the little rules, like not cheating on taxes, following the speed limit, not jay walking, not cussing, not compromising in any fashion. Following God in absolutely every single thing. But it does bring some pride, and I was sort of caught off guard by this pride all of a sudden, it was something that a cursed life really has no need of. But this pride, is why I made that document. Another way to get over pride is to write a list of answered prayers, keep it updated. And realize and thank God regularly for answered prayer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Greetings,

I have a calling to fashion. But its on the designer side which provides ownership and autonomy. Two things models don’t have. You are subject to the whims of designers, photographers, editors, and agents. You have no control over your attire, styling, shoots, or runway themes.

You are a prop. A clothes hanger. Your purpose is to market the garment to buyers and promote the culture to consumers. That may sound bleak but its accurate. There are reasons why Christians aren’t well represented in the industry.

There was a well-known Victoria’s Secret model who is a believer. But if I recall, she stopped modeling. Out of all the forms available, runway is the most challenging and beset with the greatest problems.

Spiritually speaking, you’re dealing with a lot of demonic elements. It took years before the Lord revealed my calling and focus. That was after a long period of spiritual warfare and maturity. I was grounded in my faith and prepared for what I’d face before He told me.

You need to be brutally honest about your weaknesses and the temptations. The biggest for models are sex, drugs, alcohol, and eating disorders. These aren’t areas of struggles for me. If you are easily swayed by others, can’t stand up for yourself, and are a people pleaser, this is a bad choice.

The most important question for godly missions is how you’re pointing people to Christ? That’s the assignment. The other is the medium and field you’re called to serve. That should be abundantly clear.

I would draft this on paper to clarify your thoughts:

Who are you serving?
What are you doing?
Why are you needed?
How are you qualified?
Where is your support?

Fashion, music, and movies are a demonic triad. They have the greatest influence on society’s culture. You are dealing with the worst spiritual assignments. People enter them with the best intentions. But the majority fall.

~Bella

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings,

I have a calling to fashion. But its on the designer side which provides ownership and autonomy. Two things models don’t have. You are subject to the whims of designers, photographers, editors, and agents. You have no control over your attire, styling, shoots, or runway themes.

You are a prop. A clothes hanger. Your purpose is to market the garment to buyers and promote the culture to consumers. That may sound bleak but its accurate. There are reasons why Christians aren’t well represented in the industry.

There was a well-known Victoria’s Secret model who is a believer. But if I recall, she stopped modeling. Out of all the forms available, runway is the most challenging and beset with the greatest problems.

Spiritually speaking, you’re dealing with a lot of demonic elements. It took years before the Lord revealed my calling and focus. That was after a long period of spiritual warfare and maturity. I was grounded in my faith and prepared for what I’d face before He told me.

You need to be brutally honest about your weaknesses and the temptations. The biggest for models are sex, drugs, alcohol, and eating disorders. These aren’t areas of struggles for me. If you are easily swayed by others, can’t stand up for yourself, and are a people pleaser, this is a bad choice.

The most important question for godly missions is how you’re pointing people to Christ? That’s the assignment. The other is the medium and field you’re called to serve. That should be abundantly clear.

I would draft this on paper to clarify your thoughts:

Who are you serving?
What are you doing?
Why are you needed?
How are you qualified?
Where is your support?

Fashion, music, and movies are a demonic triad. They have the greatest influence on society’s culture. You are dealing with the worst spiritual assignments. People enter them with the best intentions. But the majority fall.

~Bella
The more we submit, and worship Him alone, the more we see His presence. The more we see His presence, the more we see our flaws, and seeing our flaws in light of His holiness allows us to address those problem areas. I can see how the spotlight of the world can cloud our seeing His presence. But it is not impossible. It just takes real maturity, strength, and boldness to step away as soon as it gets ugly. Most won't. But you did. Praise God.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello

Some thing I have trouble with is understanding the Diferance between what God wants me too do and lucky and possibly worldly oportunity.
What I mean is, when choosing to follow God there is a certain life path I chose to give up because I felt it against God because it does not bring glory but too myself. In the few months before now that path does seem to jump at me with oportunity that is beyond my dreams!
I am afraid I do not know if it is the right path for me but I feel bad to just sit by and watch oportunitys go away because I am uncertain.
My prayer has brought me zero peace on this issue and I wish to ask other Christians for advice or example of how you know what to do. :confused:
As long as love for God and others remains your motive in all that you do, you are on the right path. There is no list of rules love does not cover.

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hello

what is the opportunity?

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why can't you be a Christian and a model? Just don't cross certain lines. Maybe you can be a strong witness to other models. Models are influential in many circles. There is an evil side in every industry.

Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why can't you be a Christian and a model? Just don't cross certain lines. Maybe you can be a strong witness to other models. Models are influential in many circles. There is an evil side in every industry.
Maybe some can
but I am not sure I am that person. That is my point?

Everyone has given great advice thank you very much
I accepted letting that life go a while before now. but recently it seem to be everywhere and pulling me and I did not tell if it is God pushing me or testing me.
I will continue prayer until I no longer feel torn.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I mean is, when choosing to follow God there is a certain life path I chose to give up because I felt it against God because it does not bring glory but too myself.
Hello! No matter what path you choose, as long as it is not sinful, God's Glory will shine through you to others by your faithful walk with Him. A good Christian in the modeling world is sorely needed! Have fun and be safe!
Blessings

PS: Professional modeling is very hard work. You won't have much time to get into trouble unless you want to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello

My prayer has brought me zero peace on this issue and I wish to ask other Christians for advice or example of how you know what to do.

It is in the midst of obeying God's general will revealed to you in His word, the Bible, that His specific will for you is discovered. Often, Christians want to know what God wants them to do for a career, or who to marry, or what house they should buy - you know, the bigger decisions in life - but they are not being at all careful to obey God in the things He has already told them to do in Scripture. They aren't loving God with all of their being; they aren't loving their neighbor as they love themselves; they aren't living holy, righteous lives; they aren't feasting daily on God's word; and so on. Why is it, then, that these believers think they should receive further direction from God? They aren't yet doing what He has already told them to do! It's only when they are obedient to God's general will that they will be able to see God's particular will for them and be in a place with God where they can properly fulfill it.

Sometimes, Christians are considering directions in life they know aren't right, that aren't pleasing to God. They want to go in these wrong directions, but know that they shouldn't. So, they start to rationalize their way into doing what they know they should not do. This creates what the apostle James called "doublemindedness" in the believer, which leads quickly to confusion, frustration and sin.

God has given us wisdom, truth, commands and spiritual principles by which to navigate life well. If we simply applied these things to daily living, God's will would not be at all unclear.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello! No matter what path you choose, as long as it is not sinful, God's Glory will shine through you to others by your faithful walk with Him. A good Christian in the modeling world is sorely needed! Have fun and be safe!
Blessings

PS: Professional modeling is very hard work. You won't have much time to get into trouble unless you want to.

Hi, thank you, I think you are right but I have doubt that can be me

Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is in the midst of obeying God's general will revealed to you in His word, the Bible, that His specific will for you is discovered. Often, Christians want to know what God wants them to do for a career, or who to marry, or what house they should buy - you know, the bigger decisions in life - but they are not being at all careful to obey God in the things He has already told them to do in Scripture. They aren't loving God with all of their being; they aren't loving their neighbor as they love themselves; they aren't living holy, righteous lives; they aren't feasting daily on God's word; and so on. Why is it, then, that these believers think they should receive further direction from God? They aren't yet doing what He has already told them to do! It's only when they are obedient to God's general will that they will be able to see God's particular will for them and be in a place with God where they can properly fulfill it.

Sometimes, Christians are considering directions in life they know aren't right, that aren't pleasing to God. They want to go in these wrong directions, but know that they shouldn't. So, they start to rationalize their way into doing what they know they should not do. This creates what the apostle James called "doublemindedness" in the believer, which leads quickly to confusion, frustration and sin.

God has given us wisdom, truth, commands and spiritual principles by which to navigate life well. If we simply applied these things to daily living, God's will would not be at all unclear.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

Thank you, what you say makes a lot of sense and that is what I want to live. I did not think about God not showing me because I do not live perfectly because I need to learn a lot. I know I should focus more being the best example of his love but life moves so quickly it is strange not worrying about it.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@VMaeLove
I think I see what you mean here. I asked God about where I should be going in this new Christian life. After many attempts of prayer in asking this, I received a revelation from God. I knew this because it was nothing I had ever experienced before, and I also got confirmation through scripture. I had to ask God the meaning of this revelation as I did not understand, which this also happened to Daniel in the Bible.

Rest your soul on God, give Him your worries and concerns and allow Him to return peace to you. The meaning in my case did not fully come about until the appointed time for me to understand. God has a plan for everyone at their appointed times. I did not miss the window of opportunity because my faith was (and still is) in Him.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe @aiki raises a great point. It does seem like God wants you to focus on Him right now, and to get more into His word / focus more on your relationship with Him. I think that's a priority. Usually everything else will fall into place on it's own in the midst of that. God will bring clarity and certainty on important life decisions in time, once He deems us ready for it. There's always a reason for prolonged uncertainty, God uses it to get our attention.

I'll be praying for the Lord to give you peace on this decision. I know you also desire to share God's love with others, and I pray He'll show you the best way to do that in His perfect timing. In the mean time, sharing His love with others we meet throughout the day or on the forums might be a good idea. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
but recently it seem to be everywhere and pulling me and I did not tell if it is God pushing me or testing me.
I will continue prayer until I no longer feel torn.

Distractions are a common strategy the enemy uses to take our minds off God. He will dangle carrots to entice us to give into our flesh over the spirit.

If the Lord desires you to be in that world He will bring it to pass. But it may not be in the guise you’re expecting. And you’ll have a lot of peace when the word is from Him.

Stay close to Him. He knows the way. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello

God is not against prosperity in this world so long as it does not contradict His teachings. If you are feeling conviction from the Holy Spirit about taking a specific course of action then you should avoid it and not partake of it.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can see how the spotlight of the world can cloud our seeing His presence. But it is not impossible. It just takes real maturity, strength, and boldness to step away as soon as it gets ugly. Most won't. But you did. Praise God.

Discerning your vocation is challenging. I’ve spent a lot of time in prayer and fasting, had three pastoral confirmations, and previous experience in an industry (finance) with similar enticements. The Holy Spirit provided my business plan. I’m following His directives.

The key is remaining rooted in Him and seeing your work as His mission. Not your own. I felt led to surrender other areas of my life that weren’t related to fashion design. I want to have a positive impact on women in addition to reaching the lost.

I don’t think creating beautiful clothing is very relatable for most. I take my knowledge and use it as a springboard for instruction and encouragement. The imperishable qualities of godliness and a spirit of loveliness are more important than ones attire.

I feel a deeper sense of responsibility because of the industry’s negative associations and a greater conviction for transparency and authenticity. I can’t minister to others if I’m part of the problem. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe @aiki raises a great point. It does seem like God wants you to focus on Him right now, and to get more into His word / focus more on your relationship with Him. I think that's a priority. Usually everything else will fall into place on it's own in the midst of that. God will bring clarity and certainty on important life decisions in time, once He deems us ready for it. There's always a reason for prolonged uncertainty, God uses it to get our attention.

I'll be praying for the Lord to give you peace on this decision. I know you also desire to share God's love with others, and I pray He'll show you the best way to do that in His perfect timing. In the mean time, sharing His love with others we meet throughout the day or on the forums might be a good idea. :)

Thank you :)
I will pray for patience also

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Distractions are a common strategy the enemy uses to take our minds off God. He will dangle carrots to entice us to give into our flesh over the spirit.

If the Lord desires you to be in that world He will bring it to pass. But it may not be in the guise you’re expecting. And you’ll have a lot of peace when the word is from Him.

Stay close to Him. He knows the way. :)

~Bella

LaBèlla you say in such a way that make it obvious.
Thank you, I will try and remain patient and I want to avoid putting my personal desire in the way of Gods desire even if I did not realize it.

Thank for encouraging advice everyone

Upvote 0