How to treat others nicely and still be nice to yourself?

YouniqueStar

May 17, 2016
South Missouri
✟8,037.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay so, I have an issue I am struggling with. And that is showing certain people kindness. I tend to compare myself to a lot of people and sometimes I don't know if I am acting conceited or just being self respectful.

Sometimes if I feel intimidated by someone, I tend to be somewhat unfriendly to them. It's not exactly that I'm insecure about myself but I don't know when I am respecting myself or when I am being arrogant.

I want to know how to not compare myself to others and not let media define my definition of "beauty." A lot of people have said to me, 'don't compare yourself to others,' but how Exactly do you do that? I want to know how to not have to always compare myself and how to see people from the inside. I want to know how to still be nice to people AND happy even when they are not nice back.

Thank you!!!

DBG

May 25, 2016
Houston, Texas
✟15,113.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can tell you that if you are acting with self-respect then you will not feel intimidated and how others treat you will not have an effect on how you treat them.
This seems like symptoms to a bigger problem. I suggest going deeper into your past and find what exactly triggers that emotion that causes comparison. Like myself, I had to admit that at some point I did not see myself as beautiful because one way or another I was always directly or indirectly told that I was not good enough. Or someone treated me that way to me make feel like that.
Once you determine what is going on, you work with God to heal you and show you your worth in His eyes.

Stay Blessed

Upvote 0