• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured how to treat a "Christian" pedophile?

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by lambofgod43985889, Sep 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Well-Known Member Supporter

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    how the christianity should approach the pedophile, how to cure him? (him or her)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tampasteve

tampasteve ✞ High Church Methodist✞ Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+4,661
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    If they have acted upon their perversion then they need the full force of the law brought against them. They then need to repent and seek care to keep from repeating their sin. We can forgive, but the person must show true repentance and a will to change.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  3. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    but it could be consider as mental disease how to bring the full force of the law to a mental ill?

4. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+8,307
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    I removed my post as after some thought i think it was a bit extreme. Sorry guys

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  5. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+5,116
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    It's a sin the church cannot forgive or tolerate so there is no social redemption or ministry opportunities.

6. Michael Collum

+5,116
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    It's a mental illness that causes harm to others, since "love always protects"

there must be "healthy boundaries"

7. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    but this is not civilized

8. Lost4words

+8,307
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Matthew 18:6
    6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened round his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Lost4words

+8,307
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    What a pedo does is not civilized ;)

10. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    do you believe in the impossible for god?

11. Lost4words

+8,307
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    God is mercy and love. God can and does forgive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Michael Collum

+5,116
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I understand that even today there are no real apostles or COVID would have been cured.

So though it is not impossible for God, the faith in humans is not available today.

13. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    arent those little in the faith?

14. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    if god forgives, you forgive too

15. Michael Collum

+5,116
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Forgiveness gives room for healthy boundaries.

16. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    i dont understand your post

17. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    are your healthy boundaries biblical?

18. tampasteve

tampasteve ✞ High Church Methodist✞ Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+4,661
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Of course it is a mental disease, no one in their right frame of mind would commit such a perversion. But that does not excuse one from prosecution. In the case of pedophilia there are other innocent people involved that are harmed for the rest of their lives. This cannot go without some sort of prosecution.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Michael Collum

+5,116
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I guess it depends on what you think happens after you forgive someone.

20. tampasteve

+4,661
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Just because we forgive someone, or they are forgiven does not mean they are immune to the consequences of their actions. This is particularly the case in sins that are caused to other people, that are against our civil laws. There are always real world consequences for our real world decisions.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.