• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

how to tell if thoughts are from you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
caty i have wondered that so many times .

The truth is ..you can 't know with 100% certainty and that is a frightening thought .. If you do not want the thought if it is intrusive or tells you something that is just disgusting to you or something you would never do , you can be assured that it is a malfunction of your brain plain and simple .

The questions to ask yourself are A. Do i want this thought

B. Would i do this thing

C. Does it give me a feeling of anxiety .

If it makes you anxious thats a pretty clear sign it is OCD .. Especially if you feel need to to think about it over and over again .

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
they make me sick and i always think back & try to remember if i thought it up or whatever, I dont like any of them & i really dont want to be thinking them, im scared now.

then that in itself is proof that you don't want them ... and btw jesus never said that these thoughts are the unpardonable sin ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Uh oh busted ;)

It is something she needs to hear to though so, why not kill two birds with one stone ;)

oh so you are talking murder now Aye ... you need a trip to the woodshed
talk of killing birds and the lot ....^_^

p.s. I agree with your encouragement .

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not....the woodshed.:o

Yes for a brandy ...what else ?

Now back to business ..

I wish you would go into more details about how you know for an absolute fact that it isn't just speaking something ... this is catys thread i dont want to hijack it ..i know you have explained it before but i need you to carefully explain it again ..not to argue but i just want to UNDERSTAND ..

Upvote 0

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thats fine, hijack...i would also like to know.

Yes for a brandy ...what else ?

Now back to business ..

I wish you would go into more details about how you know for an absolute fact that it isn't just speaking something ... this is catys thread i dont want to hijack it ..i know you have explained it before but i need you to carefully explain it again ..not to argue but i just want to UNDERSTAND ..

I will come back later and explain it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.