Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, but as an introvert, talking to people on the internet is way easier than meeting with a priest in person ;)

I do go to George Mason! I'm a religious studies minor, so I probably should go swing by the religion department sometime and talk to them. I've spoken with the Roman Catholic priest on a number of occasions (Fr Peter Nassetta is super friendly and got to know me really well, even though I never expressed interest in converting to RCC :) ); I know there's a lot of clergy associated with them and I believe that there is an Orthodox Christian Fellowship group on campus that they have listed on their website. Perhaps a visit is in order for this coming semester...

George Mason does have an OCF, and OCF is awesome

Upvote 0

JasonV

Nov 2, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟26,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
good! as a general rule of thumb, aside from what is listed on the Assembly of Bishops page, if the jurisdiction is an alphabet soup, it's in schism (aside from ROCOR or the OCA).

I honestly laughed out loud at this!

And to the OP, be very wary of schismatic Orthodox (and I am one). Many are led by conceited, self absorbed, power hungry sociopaths. By and large, stick with Canonical orthodoxy. They have better systems in place to prevent cult-like behavior.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I honestly laughed out loud at this!

And to the OP, be very wary of schismatic Orthodox (and I am one). Many are led by conceited, self absorbed, power hungry sociopaths. By and large, stick with Canonical orthodoxy. They have better systems in place to prevent cult-like behavior.

and the schismatics also tend to keep schisming.

so I gotta ask, and not to be pushy so forgive me, but with what you said do you have an interest in canonical Orthodoxy?

• Friendly
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

JasonV

Nov 2, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟26,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
and the schismatics also tend to keep schisming.

That is a fact.

so I gotta ask, and not to be pushy so forgive me, but with what you said do you have an interest in canonical Orthodoxy?

An interest? Hard to consider oneself orthodox and not have an interest in it. But that's not the focus of this thread so I'll save that for another time.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That is a fact.

An interest? Hard to consider oneself orthodox and not have an interest in it. But that's not the focus of this thread so I'll save that for another time.

fair enough, I wasn't intending a derail for this thread. your response struck me is all. anywho, carry on.

Upvote 0