Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Please move this thread to a more appropriate forum if this is not the correct one.

Many people are disturbed by events in the USA and around the world. It seems that many nations are entering a "post-Christian" era. Of course, Christianity has been very much in the minority in many countries. They've suffered much while we complain about internet speeds or bad tech support.

The good news is that God remains in control and Jesus is still Lord of All. This is what God warned us would happen:

"But understand this, that in the last days dangerous times [of great stress and trouble] will come [difficult days that will be hard to bear]." 1 Timothy 3:1

So we have received fair warning. Other scriptures say much the same thing. However, God's word is the last word and He prevails always. Psalm 2 is a declaration of God's mighty power to subdue the nations and bring His Kingdom to pass. The book of Revelation tells us about Satan's fall and subsequent ignominious fate. The Church is triumphant. All we have to do is hold our nerve and keep focused on Lord Jesus.

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For me, the belief of the last days have past.

Though the bible is a reminder of how individuals when they want and desires a kingdom here on earth how they will act: via the news sources that come on tv. I don't keep up with it anymore, cause the cable bill is too much to pay for. Though maybe might catch wind by my mother who does watch it sometimes. Life can be more at peace when you are focusing on what you are doing in your own life because history will repeat itself, there will be wars, and all of these things.

The main thing to do is to trust in God in his ability to sustain the world as it is... though humans are going to cause chaos, and humans have chaos in their own lives. People have their own choice to direct themselves to the one who gives peace, that is the Lord Jesus Christ and God.

As a Christian, from my view the world we live in is going to throw you around and toss you into the sea and try to drown you out with it's problems... What did the disciples do on the ship which was covered by storms that were starting to drown them out. They directed themselves to seek the Lord, and what did he do?

He calmed the storms, it's a story that says the same thing about life and when it starts throwing rocks, and curve balls at you to beat you down and make you submit to the world (or even your own self will*), rather than to submit and trust God.

Thank you for your article. Aussie.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please move this thread to a more appropriate forum if this is not the correct one.

Many people are disturbed by events in the USA and around the world. It seems that many nations are entering a "post-Christian" era. Of course, Christianity has been very much in the minority in many countries. They've suffered much while we complain about internet speeds or bad tech support.

The good news is that God remains in control and Jesus is still Lord of All. This is what God warned us would happen:

"But understand this, that in the last days dangerous times [of great stress and trouble] will come [difficult days that will be hard to bear]." 1 Timothy 3:1

So we have received fair warning. Other scriptures say much the same thing. However, God's word is the last word and He prevails always. Psalm 2 is a declaration of God's mighty power to subdue the nations and bring His Kingdom to pass. The book of Revelation tells us about Satan's fall and subsequent ignominious fate. The Church is triumphant. All we have to do is hold our nerve and keep focused on Lord Jesus.
I believe the nation is under God's wrath for sins as far back as I can remember. But I also believe in the 91st Psalm like never before.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,456.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I generally don't comment much on the affairs of other nations, although I do so from time to time. We've got enough flaws of our own.

There was once a lot of tension between the isolationist faction in the US and those who thought the US should get involved in World War II. Pearl Harbour swept that tension aside. Just three years and eight months later the US dropped two atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

There have been several major upheavals in US society - the Civil War; two World Wars, the Great Depression; the Prohibition and Al Capone; Cold War, Korea and McCarthyism; the civil rights movement with the assassination of the Kennedy brothers and Martin Luther King; Vietnam and a divided society; the drug plague; Gulf Wars 1 & 2 with 9/11 in between, and now Trump, Biden and BLM.

Yet somehow the US always seems to pull through. Another way of looking at it is demonstrated in the following article.

This Upheaval Is How America Gets Better

But I suppose one of the things that concerns me about the US situation is that when the new government gets in, one of the tried and true methods of uniting a nation is to declare a threat from outsiders, real or imagined.

I'm curious as to how Biden will handle the tension between his followers and those of Trump, and what he might do. The US still has the world's strongest military by a long shot, and it still has the biggest economy.

I think we might be in for unsettling times.

• Agree
Reactions: creslaw
Upvote 0

Abide with me.

Jan 8, 2021
Norfolk
✟40,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me, the belief of the last days have past.

Though the bible is a reminder of how individuals when they want and desires a kingdom here on earth how they will act: via the news sources that come on tv. I don't keep up with it anymore, cause the cable bill is too much to pay for. Though maybe might catch wind by my mother who does watch it sometimes. Life can be more at peace when you are focusing on what you are doing in your own life because history will repeat itself, there will be wars, and all of these things.

The main thing to do is to trust in God in his ability to sustain the world as it is... though humans are going to cause chaos, and humans have chaos in their own lives. People have their own choice to direct themselves to the one who gives peace, that is the Lord Jesus Christ and God.

As a Christian, from my view the world we live in is going to throw you around and toss you into the sea and try to drown you out with it's problems... What did the disciples do on the ship which was covered by storms that were starting to drown them out. They directed themselves to seek the Lord, and what did he do?

He calmed the storms, it's a story that says the same thing about life and when it starts throwing rocks, and curve balls at you to beat you down and make you submit to the world (or even your own self will*), rather than to submit and trust God.

Thank you for your article. Aussie.
How beautifully written and how true for me personally, I have turned to God as a result of getting caught up in current affairs, and yes, it's a storm out there and I don't want to get tossed about in it, I want to anchor myself in God, because it's so tempting to get involved in drama you can't control, I can only pray that God will intervene and do what is right in his eyes.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟550,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I generally don't comment much on the affairs of other nations, although I do so from time to time. We've got enough flaws of our own.

There was once a lot of tension between the isolationist faction in the US and those who thought the US should get involved in World War II. Pearl Harbour swept that tension aside. Just three years and eight months later the US dropped two atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

There have been several major upheavals in US society - the Civil War; two World Wars, the Great Depression; the Prohibition and Al Capone; Cold War, Korea and McCarthyism; the civil rights movement with the assassination of the Kennedy brothers and Martin Luther King; Vietnam and a divided society; the drug plague; Gulf Wars 1 & 2 with 9/11 in between, and now Trump, Biden and BLM.

Yet somehow the US always seems to pull through. Another way of looking at it is demonstrated in the following article.

This Upheaval Is How America Gets Better

But I suppose one of the things that concerns me about the US situation is that when the new government gets in, one of the tried and true methods of uniting a nation is to declare a threat from outsiders, real or imagined.

I'm curious as to how Biden will handle the tension between his followers and those of Trump, and what he might do. The US still has the world's strongest military by a long shot, and it still has the biggest economy.

I think we might be in for unsettling times.[/Q
Interesting comment/perspective.
---
You wrote,
"..one of the tried..methods.. is to declare a threat from
outsiders.."
- Good point.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟550,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Error on my post #6..
- Response to Bob C. (post # 4)
---
Here is same post again..
---
Interesting comment/perspective.
You wrote,
"..one of the tried..methods..is to
declare a threat from outsiders.."
- Good point.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was going to post a similar thread this morning; and was going to title it:

"Anyone else holding their breath.?"

And it was going to be about what's been going on here in the US capitol; last week; and what may happen next week; with the inauguration.

But after reading this thread; I realized something I forgot; who is really in charge. Jesus.

Thanks for posting this thread; Pete. :)

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

True

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
There have been several major upheavals in US society - the Civil War; two World Wars, the Great Depression; the Prohibition and Al Capone; Cold War, Korea and McCarthyism; the civil rights movement with the assassination of the Kennedy brothers and Martin Luther King; Vietnam and a divided society; the drug plague; Gulf Wars 1 & 2 with 9/11 in between, and now Trump, Biden and BLM. (snip)
...are you really comparing President Biden getting elected over Trump to World Wars 1 and 2 and the rest of that list? :eek:
tulc(is just making sure that was Bob Crowley's point?) :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OSAS 101

May 27, 2013
✟34,288.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...are you really comparing President Biden getting elected over Trump to World Wars 1 and 2 and the rest of that list? :eek:
tulc(is just making sure that was Bob Crowley's point?) :sorry:
I roast coffee too.
Was in the business for quite a few years.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've got a sudden interest in politics.
What will happen with Biden before he destroys us off the face of the earth?

Who is this "us" you speak of?

I'm a citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven, currently deployed to the United States to perform a mission of limited duration. Then I'm going home.

I don't believe Biden can destroy the Kingdom of Heaven.

Scripture already tells us that Jesus will destroy every other kingdom.

Upvote 0

OSAS 101

May 27, 2013
✟34,288.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is this "us" you speak of?

I'm a citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven, currently deployed to the United States to perform a mission of limited duration. Then I'm going home.

I don't believe Biden can destroy the Kingdom of Heaven.

Scripture already tells us that Jesus will destroy every other kingdom.
Then you're saying you don't mind if you get run over by a mack truck.
Yes I agree with you but were you making a general statement or were you directing it at me as if I didn't know better?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I agree with you but were you making a general statement or were you directing it at me as if I didn't know better?

You didn't answer the question, you're just diverting.

When you said, "What will happen with Biden before he destroys us off the face of the earth?" who is this "we" you're speaking of?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hi OSAS 101,

First of all, we don't 'know' that we're going to get hit with a mack truck of any sort.

Secondly, if anything, it's time for Christians to take out their Bible and start reading and applying the lessons we learn from the book of Acts, along with the rest of the entire New Testament.

Christianity isn't going anywhere, to the chagrin of both those on the Left and on the Right. And that's how it's going to be.

So, it's probably best for us to follow what the Lord would have us do, prophetically and peaceably.

Peace!

2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Funny, everyone wants me to be specific but no one has even come close to answering my question.

I answered it. And the implication is that no one (human) is going to clear us off of the face of the earth.

Upvote 0