NW Indiana
✟11,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I recently tried to witness to a man whom had childhood trauma and even speaking to him about the love of God put him into a rage. He further said to me to look at all of the evil in this world and what happens to innocent children and good people. I have never met a man so full of rage and hate for God before. He was ashamed for coming out of the closet unwillingly and being exposed, after trying to hide being gay for many years. He said God never helped him or any innocent and abused children. Evil in the world and unanswered prayers seems to be the main reason why people hate God

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I recently tried to witness to a man whom had childhood trauma and even speaking to him about the love of God put him into a rage. He further said to me to look at all of the evil in this world and what happens to innocent children and good people. I have never met a man so full of rage and hate for God before. He was ashamed for coming out of the closet unwillingly and being exposed, after trying to hide being gay for many years. He said God never helped him or any innocent and abused children. Evil in the world and unanswered prayers seems to be the main reason why people hate God
They're an intellectual problem of evil that needs an intellectual response and an emotional problem of evil that needs an emotional response otherwise the response is probably not going to be as effective. For example, if someone is struggling with how God could let their child die, then they need to be shown love and be comforted, but giving them an intellectual answer probably won't help much.

If God were to take all of the possible causes of suffering in the world, line the up from least to greatest, and create a new world where He eliminated the greatest, then people would still complain about why God allowed so much suffering. God could keep going through that process until He eventually created created a world where the worst form of suffering that He allowed was stubbing your toe and still people would complain about why God allowed that much. So the question of why God allows so much suffering boils down to why God allows any suffering at all and I think that there are plausible reasons for why God allows that.

For example, the ability to feel pain is a gift because it lets us know when something is wrong. Leprosy does not directly cause people to have damaged limbs, but rather leprosy destroys someone's nerve endings, which removes their ability to feel physical pain. For example, if someone touches a hot pot, then our ability to feel pain leads us to yank our hand back, and perhaps get a small burn, but if someone who couldn't feel physically pain touched a hot pot and didn't know to yank their hand back, then they could end up with severe burns. Our if someone were walking a long distance without being aware that their foot was injured, then they could end up giving themselves permanent injuries.

God could even go so far as to create a world where people could only experience either joy or great joy and people would complain about why He allowed people to have the lesser experience. God could create a world where we lived in a stasis field with no change of experience, but there are plausible reasons for why God would want us to have a range of experiences.

However, if someone has gone through child abuse, then it might be a better approach to build a relationship with them where we show them love, give them comfort, and show them that we can be trusted.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well the good thing is he believes there is a God! Now its between him and Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Hate and Love are very passionate emotions and need to be delt with cautiously. So don't push him, just show him love and support while he works out his salvation.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Those who people who hate God have a distorted image of God ... Actually God does have an image problem... as a spirit which has no form.
But the key is ...to talk to them about Jesus .... People tend to love Jesus.
Then you can slowly inform those people that Jesus always did the Fathers will....etc

You can't really blame people for their animosity towards God as they are uninformed from the world as to who God is, and God always gets the blame for bad things .... But Jesus ....they would be hard pressed to find anything wrong or bad about Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Asking God to help remove the blinders from their minds like He did for us.

. "...for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God." (II Cor 4:4).

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He himself sounds like he was an abused child, hence, his anger. Best thing to do is listen, care, and don't push any conversation on him. Just be a friend to him and pray for him consistently. Pray that God will heal him and diffuse his anger. He's deeply hurt I believe and it takes time for that anger bomb to diffuse. In the meantime, being a friend could be the key.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry you experienced that. My first job, 1994. This senior citizen, soldier of ww2. He had such hatred towards the enemy. Mabey things will be different when Jesus kingdom comes near future. Only Jesus can solve such issues. Revelation chapter 3,The key of David. Jesus can open doors for Christians to plant seeds, witness for God. Christian people are servants of God. We deliver the message. What they do with it is thier business.
If they reject Jesus and wont repent, thier accountable for their own sins and actions.
Second Corinthians chapter 5:10 . Everyone must appear before judgement seat of the christ. No one gets away with anything. The wicked and atheist go with satan into lake of fire, psalm chapter 37.
Ezekiel chapter 33,God doesn't want anyone to be destroyed. But that they repent and conform to God's standard.
On judgement day, the wicked will face those they hurt or killed, ect. Jesus is the judge, and its Jesus verdict.

Upvote 0