Country
China
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
RESPONDING TO THE PROPHET

```TEXT:DEUTERONOMY 18:14-22```

```KEY VERSE:``` _"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him" (DEUTERONOMY 18:18).

Man's response to God's servants over the centuries points to the depth of their obedience to Him. Receiving them and obeying all the commandments He gives His messengers to deliver to man would indicate respect and honour for Him. On the other hand, rejecting those who bring His word amounts to rejecting Him, an action that would not go without commensurate punishment.

While the children of Israel approached the Promised Land, the Lord reminded them that although Moses, their leader would not be with them in their new country, a greater Shepherd would be provided, who would not only be available for Israel, but for humanity throughout all generations. The Lord promised a Prophet greater than all the previous ones and those to come. He said He would "put [His] words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that [He] shall command him."

Jesus Christ is that Prophet. No other one before or after Him has matched the description in our passage. He acted with the authority of the Father in heaven. He spoke as no man ever spoke. He performed astonishing miracles that broke all records. He told the world He could forgive sins here on earth, thus proving that He possessed divine powers. He predicted He would die for sinful man and rise again the third day, and it was fulfilled.

Since Christ met all these conditions needed to believe in Him as the true Prophet of God, our reaction to Him is to submit, believe and obey His words. One of His declarations shortly before He left the world was that He would go to prepare mansions in heaven for those who believe in Him and then return to take them to live there forever. As believers, we are to "occupy till [He] come".

```THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:``` _Believe in Jesus Christ, the final Prophet.

```THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:``` LEVITICUS 12-14

ReplyForward

Ad
adbarmetrochoice.svg