How to prove that GOD exists from a scientific point of view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, you're not aware? You surprise me. For somebody who claims to know so much more than others about the bible I expected you to know there are failed prophecies in it. Perhaps you should go and do some research.
I am aware of many old wives' tales and misconceptions based on a lack of understanding some people chose to have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I am aware of many old wives' tales and misconceptions based on a lack of understanding some people chose to have.
So now you want to claim that you are aware of these failed prophecies? Make up your mind - either you're aware of them or you're not. Even @dad cannot claim to be both.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Easy. Tell us how you thought they did.

I have explained this to you many times. Have you not been paying attention?

A person can write a prophecy that is filled with vague language so it can be interpreted to mean anything. It's easy to twist the prophecy to fit later events. That doesn't prove that the later events were what the original writer was talking about.

Someone can write a prophecy AFTER the events that claim to have fulfilled it, and then claim that the prophecy was written before. It's like me writing on a piece of paper that Obama would be the first black president, and then claiming I found it in a collection of my school work from the 1990s.

Someone can find an old prophecy and then make up an event to make it seem like the prophecy was fulfilled, even if the fulfilling event never happened. Like if I found an old prophecy that said a woman would win the lotto twice in one month, then I say, "Oh yeah, this predicted the time when I won the lotto twice in a month," even if I'd never won the lotto at all.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh yeah? .. What was it that did the 'knowing' and what is it that does the 'looking' then?
Now try showing me exactly how that can be accomplished without using the same kind of human mind that also devised the laws you speak of.
To analyze and report on what is observed is not the same as devising. If they are true, they are God's truth, or he is not God. The truth is truth quite independently of our knowing it.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I have no idea of what you mean by 'God of the Gaps Theory' here ..
You have not yet succeeded in demonstrating even a rudimentary understanding of science - its principles and processes, so you are not qualified to say how science is, and isn't conducted.

The fact I haven't shown it doesn't mean I am not qualified. Let's take just a small example: Cause and Effect demands First Cause, or Infinite Regression. Infinite Regression is logically self-defeating, it is begging the question, circular argument, madness. It answers nothing.

Nor do you need to understand quantum theory to have common sense. It is only a partial equation, begging for cause, and when none shows itself (unless First Cause is still active, perhaps, or other effects are causing the effects described by quantum physics), are scientists logical to say there is no cause --that these effects are self-caused?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So now you want to claim that you are aware of these failed prophecies? Make up your mind - either you're aware of them or you're not. Even @dad cannot claim to be both.
I am aware of what people claim who lack understanding of the matter.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have explained this to you many times. Have you not been paying attention?

A person can write a prophecy that is filled with vague language so it can be interpreted to mean anything. It's easy to twist the prophecy to fit later events. That doesn't prove that the later events were what the original writer was talking about.

Someone can write a prophecy AFTER the events that claim to have fulfilled it, and then claim that the prophecy was written before. It's like me writing on a piece of paper that Obama would be the first black president, and then claiming I found it in a collection of my school work from the 1990s.

Someone can find an old prophecy and then make up an event to make it seem like the prophecy was fulfilled, even if the fulfilling event never happened. Like if I found an old prophecy that said a woman would win the lotto twice in one month, then I say, "Oh yeah, this predicted the time when I won the lotto twice in a month," even if I'd never won the lotto at all.
Not in the bible.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
One thing He cannot do is lie. He already spoke and it was confirmed by Jesus. No mystery about creation, only belief or unbelief.
He cannot lie because he doesn't want to lie. Or perhaps he doesn't want to lie because he cannot want to lie. It matters not. He will not lie --it is a non-thing. Not so much a restriction on him as mere non-fact. To suggest he might be able to lie is to like saying he can make a rock too big for him to lift; why would he want to do that? It is silly --a self-contradictory proposition. Of course he cannot lie.

Totally in agreement about creation and belief. But with one addition: it is also reasonable. God does not counter science ---only the scientific community, perhaps. Yet even they are not such fools as people like to portray them. They admit, for the most part, that they do not know. They admit, this is only where research has taken us...

We are logically able to see the possibility of First Cause, and that with Purpose,
for example. No need to look to belief for that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.