Apr 12, 2012
Moved.
Visit site
✟16,249.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Prepare for hell? You're there already, everything ouside of the divine love of God is hell. What you should really be asking is how do you prepare to enter heaven.

While they might be living in a kind of hell, there is certainly a worse one to come.
Here on Earth even those who are outside of God's sovereign favour are still blessed by God in life, breath, possessions, happiness, and so on.

Upvote 0

TheJust

Jul 15, 2012
✟7,771.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
While they might be living in a kind of hell, there is certainly a worse one to come.
Here on Earth even those who are outside of God's sovereign favour are still blessed by God in life, breath, possessions, happiness, and so on.

Those truely in his favor are blessed by his love and nothing more.

Upvote 0

Edward the Theist

Aug 29, 2010
New Orleans
✟414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible is FILLED with examples proving the contrary!

The Bible says whatever you want the bible to say. The fact is, unless you are God, then God can save you if He wants or roast you if He wants.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

CalledOutOne

The World Weary
Apr 12, 2012
Moved.
Visit site
✟16,249.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Those truely in his favor are blessed by his love and nothing more.

I disagree. I can't help but think that implies that bad things won't happen to those in God's favor and they do. The difference is God works all things (including the bad) to the good of those who love God.

The Bible promises that persecution would come.

Upvote 0

CalledOutOne

The World Weary
Apr 12, 2012
Moved.
Visit site
✟16,249.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Bible says whatever you want the bible to say. The fact is, unless you are God, then God can save you if He wants or roast you if He wants.

I can't believe this, but I agree with the humanist. God is the ultimate author of salvation and of reprobation.
Just saying.

Upvote 0

Ultima4257

Aug 15, 2005
In my house, somewhere in the world
✟18,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Prepare for hell? You're there already, everything ouside of the divine love of God is hell. What you should really be asking is how do you prepare to enter heaven.

Already know, I just cannot submit to someone and serve Him the rest of my life blindy following Him.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't believe this, but I agree with the humanist. God is the ultimate author of salvation and of reprobation.
Just saying.

Yes, but what the book reviewer fails to take into account, is God tells us what His preference is.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Already know, I just cannot submit to someone and serve Him the rest of my life blindy following Him.

You are attempting to refer to "blind Faith." There is no blind Faith. Faith is the eye of the spirit, our ability to see in that realm.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheJust

Jul 15, 2012
✟7,771.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private

That would be a dumb thing to do. He is what is, nothing more theres nothing to follow or do. It's like following water, or dirt or air. It is simply there, to add anything to it, makes it much more complicated than it is. Lets say you believe in your version of water has a boat on it the boat is your creation, not the water itself.

Upvote 0

TheJust

Jul 15, 2012
✟7,771.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
I disagree. I can't help but think that implies that bad things won't happen to those in God's favor and they do. The difference is God works all things (including the bad) to the good of those who love God.

The Bible promises that persecution would come.

Nothing negative exists in truth. To love God makes no sense as he is love, you are eaither with him in love or you're not and one that is would never say 'I love God' because they are too, love.

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If a person was certain they were going to hell, and then said Lord Jesus I accept you into my life, I am a sinner and I repent, then they are going to heaven, God will accept a person no matter what he has done if they come to him and repent, he doesn't judge like the world judges, we are all sinners, then if we choose Jesus were sinners saved by grace, bottom line is if they don't choose Jesus they will be going to hell, there is no name under heaven, from which you can be saved. God bless

You also have to believe that he is going to save you which means you are absolutely certain about yourself and your own sincerity. If you have any doubts then it is immediately invalidated like you never called to him at all.

So God only saves healthy normal people who happen to call upon the correct name. Everyone else is damned.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God makes a relative few "vessels" for mercy, while the majority are "vessels" of wrath prepared for destruction as God desires to show his wrath.

Then why be kind to people? They are garbage after all.

• Agree
Upvote 0

hiwaystar

May 30, 2018
Good ole 'Merica
✟18,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know what most of you will say, but hear me out. If a person on this earth were absolutely certain they were going to hell, is their anyway they could physically prepare themselves for such as place. I mean ways such as subjecting yourself to immense heat, burning yourself with fire, knawing on your own tongue and constantly immersing yourself in complete darkness? Would this help prepare someone for such a place?

Just ask any atheist, duh. They all know they're going to Hell, that's why they refuse to acknowledge it's existence!

And here's a fun speculation: all those scientists working on life extension are also certain that they'll go to Hell. Otherwise why are they so keen on extending human life? So that they won't have to go to Hell so early, duh!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know what most of you will say, but hear me out. If a person on this earth were absolutely certain they were going to hell, is their anyway they could physically prepare themselves for such as place. I mean ways such as subjecting yourself to immense heat, burning yourself with fire, knawing on your own tongue and constantly immersing yourself in complete darkness? Would this help prepare someone for such a place?

Hell is a place where both body and soul are destroyed so even if a person tried to prepare their body I don’t believe they can prepare their soul for destruction. Personally I think it is impossible to prepare oneself for hell. How much easier would it be to prepare themselves for eternal life? If such a person believes they are going to hell then to believe that God will not forgive them would be absolutely ridiculous.

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just ask any atheist, duh. They all know they're going to Hell, that's why they refuse to acknowledge it's existence!

And here's a fun speculation: all those scientists working on life extension are also certain that they'll go to Hell. Otherwise why are they so keen on extending human life? So that they won't have to go to Hell so early, duh!

Well it's smart of them to attempt life extension. God hated these people before the foundation of the universe.

They failed the test of life probably before they reached age 2. God is a very picky boss.

• Agree
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

LOL! No. I suspect in the long run the worst thing about hell will be that you endure it alone, with only yourself for company. God forbid that you should end up in hell, but if you did, you would, in the end, be the worst thing about being there.

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
LOL! No. I suspect in the long run the worst thing about hell will be that you endure it alone, with only yourself for company. God forbid that you should end up in hell, but if you did, you would, in the end, be the worst thing about being there.

So does that mean being unintentionally socially isolated and rejected is a good preparation for eternity?

• Agree
Upvote 0