Kingdom of this world
✟21,630.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you tell other believers that you are not born again?
If so, that does not sound right.
I know how it sounds. I usually tell that we are not born again YET. And that's a huge difference)) We haven't been raised up yet and what's wrong with this? We live by faith and hope now. There's a lot of blessings ahead which we don't have in this life but will definitely obtain them in their fulness at Jesus' second coming according to his unbreakable promise: real salvation from our enemies, actual eternal life, literal Kingdom of God, kingship and so on.

I think you need to deal with it because it does not agree with your way of thinking here.
Of course I need and I'm working on that. By the way have you mentioned what John tells in 1 John 3:1-2? On the one hand "We should be called the children of God and we ARE", on the other "what we WILL be has not yet been revealed". And in 1 John 3:2 "whenever it is revealed" "WILL be like him" "WILL see him". As I've previously said "we already are, but not yet"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nux

Sep 20, 2020
Kingdom of this world
✟21,630.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Bible Highlighter And in addition. Jesus while been in flesh claimed to be the Son of God and he actually was, and the Father approved it by words from heaven and by signs BUT! In Romans 1:3-4 Paul says that Jesus was declared/determined/appointed to be the Son of God in power according to the Holy Spirit BY RESURRECTION FROM THE DEAD. So this is one more case of "already but not yet".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here are the verses.

“...We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:13-14).
"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21).
"...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Revelation 2:10).
Continue in the grace of God (Acts of the Apostles 13:43).
Continue in the faith (Acts of the Apostles 14:22) (Colossians 1:23).
Continue in his goodness, otherwise we can be cut off (just like the Jews were cut off) (Romans 11:21-22).
Again, how do these verses work in your belief?

“...We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:13-14).

I think we both know that we are "Made partakers of Christ' when we are born again, and Christ come to live inside the believer.
So, knowing that, now look at your verse.

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21).

Ok, you are reading the verse through a filter of legalism.

Here is how you are reading it...."If you keep yourselves in the love of God", then you will go to heaven.
So, you added that to the verse, and that is not what the verse says.

"...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Revelation 2:10).

Well, the born again have Christ in them, and Jesus Himself is eternal life.
So, this means that the "crown" is something different, that happens after we die, or after we are raptured.

Continue in the grace of God (Acts of the Apostles 13:43).

Well again you are trying to add this to the verse.......>"if you want to go to heaven".
And that is not in the verse.
That is only in your legalism.

Continue in the faith (Acts of the Apostles 14:22) (Colossians 1:23).

Well again you are trying to add this to the verse....>"if you want to go to heaven".
And that is not in the verse.
That is only in your legalism, and probably in your denomination.

Continue in his goodness, otherwise we can be cut off (just like the Jews were cut off) (Romans 11:21-22).

A believer will "never perish".....Says Jesus.
But you can be a "castaway."
And you can be "fallen from Grace"

Upvote 0