How to identify the AC in the book of Revelation using the book of Daniel!

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It also appears the "one" John was referring to was coming in their day.

It doesn't state "in their day". All it says is a singular AC is coming. The AC is still coming and there are specific things he will do and be involved in that hasn't happened yet. Remember, whoever the AC is, Rev 19 says Jesus returns from heaven with an army and the beast and AC are defeated and cast into the kale of fire. So if Jesus hasn't returned we know the AC hasn't been here yet. He only has 42 months to be in power then Christ defeats him.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't state "in their day". All it says is a singular AC is coming. The AC is still coming and there are specific things he will do and be involved in that hasn't happened yet. Remember, whoever the AC is, Rev 19 says Jesus returns from heaven with an army and the beast and AC are defeated and cast into the kale of fire. So if Jesus hasn't returned we know the AC hasn't been here yet. He only has 42 months to be in power then Christ defeats him.
It states in their "hour" to be exact. It states they know who the AC is and they know many are ac's. All in their day. No need to go back and forth I am a partial preterist and believe John is speaking of AD 70.
1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not a Dispensational futurist so I see this mostly fulfilled in AD 70. Nero Caesar. 666

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am not a Dispensational futurist so I see this mostly fulfilled in AD 70. Nero Caesar. 666

I don't recall that Nero ever performed miracles, nor did two prophets die and then resurrect after 3.5 days...plus, the AC is destroyed by Christ at the second coming in Rev 19...so AD70 doesn't fit.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't recall that Nero ever performed miracles, nor did two prophets die and then resurrect after 3.5 days...plus, the AC is destroyed by Christ at the second coming in Rev 19...so AD70 doesn't fit.
It does if you don't force the John Darby view. The book speaks of things that will soon take place. The first sentence of Revelation sets the time period. It is also written to the seven churches in Asia which do not exist today. All in their time.

The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It does if you you don't force the John Darby view. The book speaks of things that will soon take place. The first sentence of Revelation sets the time period. It is also written to the seven churches in Asia which do not exist today. All in their time.

The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place.

You didn't address the issues in your theology that was in my post. For good reason since it proves your theology to be incorrect.

Your AC died a long time ago and was not defeated by Christ and his heavenly army at the second coming. The only real AC is defeated and destroyed at the second coming. The only theology forced here is anything that claims the AC lived and died centuries ago.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You didn't address the issues in your theology that was in my post. For good reason since it proves your theology to be incorrect.

Your AC died a long time ago and was not defeated by Christ and his heavenly army at the second coming. The only real AC is defeated and destroyed at the second coming. The only theology forced here is anything that claims the AC lived and died centuries ago.
You don't think Christ defeated Satan at the cross? He did, the work is done, "it is finished'. We just need to believe it.
As far as the issues I did not address, Nero did not perform miracles the false Prophet did. This is the corrupt church.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You don't think Christ defeated Satan at the cross?

We are talking about when Christ defeats and kills the Antichrist. Scripture says it happens at the second coming but you are claiming the AC lived and died a long time ago and his defeat and death was not by Christ. I go with what the scriptures say so naturally this preterist idea the AC lived and died log ago cannot be correct. Perhaps he was a type or shadow of the AC but the endtimes one dies the day of the second coming.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You don't think Christ defeated Satan at the cross? He did, the work is done, "it is finished'. We just need to believe it.
As far as the issues I did not address, Nero did not perform miracles the false Prophet did. This is the corrupt church.
There was no 666 requirement for buying and selling in Nero's day.
There was no image made of Nero that came to life and spoke.
The whole world did not worship Nero
There were not ten kings who gave their kingdom to Nero
There were not 6 kings that proceeded Nero of the same family line
Gog/Magog event did not precede Nero
There was no 7 year covenant confirmed during Nero's time
There was not the abomination of desolation setup in the temple during Nero's time
The Jews were not back in the land from being dispersed among the nations
Nero was never anointed the King of Israel - in order to be the Antichrist.
Satan has been running wild among the nations seeking who he can destroy, there have been wars and rumors of wars

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no mortally wounded individual in the book. The wounded head represents an area of land where war happened and it was healed.

I gave you the verses and you still say there isn't a mortally head wounded person - when there clearly is.

But here they are again: Zechariah 11:15-17

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Erik, in John 6:15, Jesus avoided them at that time who were gong to make him "a" king. A king of that region in Israel, up around the sea of Galilee.

It was not as the King of Israel, and Jesus went the other way because it did nor fit the prophecy in Zechariah 9:9, which he had come to fulfill. Which had to be when he rides into Jerusalem on the donkey - to be rejected as King of Israel.

9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Did the Jews reject Jesus as King? I think I would look at John 19:14-15.

14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!

15 But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

Regarding Simon Bar Kochba, Rabbi Akira's declaration of him being the messiah didn't count as him been king of "united" Israel.

He was a leader over a independent Jewish state for three years, though, supported by the rabbi's. As the Romans began to close in, Bar Kochba (a name the R. Akiva gave him, but was later known as "bar Kozba" meaning son of a lie) became paranoid about insider spies and had R. Elazar executed. That action caused the rabbi's to no longer support him.

Bar Kochba « Jewish History

"Yet, in a fit of almost insane paranoia Bar Kochba accused the great sage, Rabbi Elazar, of being the spy and executed him. He then lost the support of the rabbis completely. It eroded all chance of reconciliation. Then they began calling him, “Bar Koziba,” meaning the son of a lie; a false messiah. Their hopes were dashed."

The Jews (Judaism) at MessiahTruth, Yuku site, don't consider Simon Bar Kochba as a king of Israel (the united country) like Saul, David, Solomon. In Ezekiel 37, it is not until the two sticks of Ephraim and Judah are joined that the messiah, code named David My servant, will be their king forever.

Which the two sticks were joined back together as a united Israel in 1948. The Antichrist, the King of Israel (united Israel) could not come to power until then.

One of the reasons bar Kochba was not considered the messiah (or shall we say failed messiah) is because he did not take part in rebuilding the temple.

Because the animal sacrifices will start up again in the end times prophecies, the Antichrist person will take part in some way of the rebuilding of the temple. The Jews are tying their expectation of the messiah with the rebuilding of the temple.
informative thanks for that

yet, revelation 20:7-9 = Ezekiel 38-39

so Ezekiel applies to SPIRITUAL Israel of the Christian age

we must interpret the visionary images of Ezekiel spiritually not literally

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I gave you the verses and you still say there isn't a mortally head wounded person - when there clearly is.

But here they are again: Zechariah 11:15-17

That isn't Rev 13 where people misread the text and think there is a mortally wounded person who resurrects from the dead. Nothing of the sort is in the book of Rev. Zech doesn't mention it either. Why quote something that doesn't have what you say it has?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was no 666 requirement for buying and selling in Nero's day.
There was no image made of Nero that came to life and spoke.
The whole world did not worship Nero
There were not ten kings who gave their kingdom to Nero
There were not 6 kings that proceeded Nero of the same family line
Gog/Magog event did not precede Nero
There was no 7 year covenant confirmed during Nero's time
There was not the abomination of desolation setup in the temple during Nero's time
The Jews were not back in the land from being dispersed among the nations
Nero was never anointed the King of Israel - in order to be the Antichrist.
Satan has been running wild among the nations seeking who he can destroy, there have been wars and rumors of wars
This is all Darby fantasy end of days perpetuated by the Scofield bible and mainstreamed by the book The great late planet earth. I was once like you but now I know the truth. There is no where to go with this conversation as we see a completely different understanding of eschatology. I am sure our paths will cross again!
Blessings!

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is all Darby fantasy end of days perpetuated by the Scofield bible and mainstreamed by the book The great late planet earth. I was once like you but now I know the truth. There is no where to go with this conversation as we see a completely different understanding of eschatology. I am sure our paths will cross again!
Blessings!
Maria, there is lot more known today about the end times, in the futurists camp, than in the 1970's days of the late great planet, almost 50 years have passed.

I feel that there needs to be separate forums for preterists and futurists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

There already area safe houses assigned for these. Take your discussion there if you do not want preterists to bother you.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maria, there is lot more known today about the end times, in the futurists camp, than in the 1970's days of the late great planet, almost 50 years have passed.

Eschatology should not separate the Body of Christ but unfortunately it does. Here is a good video on the history of futurism in case you want to know how it mutated into what you believe today.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Eschatology should not separate the Body of Christ but unfortunately it does. Here is a good video on the history of futurism in case you want to know how it mutated into what you believe today.
Blessings
Maria, the topic of this thread is "How to identify the AC in the book of Revelation using the book of Daniel!"

You have left the topic and gone on to something else. Take a look at my screen-name information, to the left, right below my name. I put that information there for a reason. It summarizes my eschatology belief profile.

Douggg anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist

I am not a dispensationalist and never have been.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There already area safe houses assigned for these. Take your discussion there if you do not want preterists to bother you.
There is no futurist safe house (and I do not seek one). There is a partial preterist safe house. And an amillennialism safe house, which I see you post in (well, the only poster there so far).

What I don't agree with in the main forum is the topics of the threads being taken off topic by some posters choosing to promote their fundamental eschatology stances rather than sticking to the topic of the thread.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No person is ten kingdoms within 7 mountains. The beast is an empire. The person is the second beast. Exactly as we find in Daniel 7. You get Daniel 7 right, but somehow you can't see the same thing in Rev 13.

The Beast is the body of people who have the Spirit of Anti-Christ. But the Horn of the Beast is the Anti-Christ himself, which is also called the Beast. You're both partially correct.

Upvote 0