Saint Augustine, FL
✟22,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mine starts tomorrow through the 23rd. I did one last year.
I learned it from a couple who wanted a baby but health was preventing it and no sooner did they try it... they were pregnant that year.
I think I explained this on here before.
I don’t want to get pregnant... but my desires for my life to be in order are oh so pressing like someone who longs for a baby. So for 3 weeks, I will eat vegan, avoid meat, avoid alcohol, not eat sweets and treats or starchy foods except rice and potatoes .... a very simple diet and for 3 weeks my husband and I will do intensive prayers each morning or night each week about a specific topic, 3 topics each in total.

I did it last year, but last year it got attacked. Yes I finished it, but on the very last day of it, a chance encounter with an old friend I had been wanting to reconcile a falling out with landed me in deep depression over my current circumstances- the lack of forgiveness in my marriage, the ways we mistreat each other... and the depression only worsened after a fight sparked seemingly over nothing and the fight was the worst fight yet.
After that I felt so defeated that within a few weeks I felt driven to move out for 3 months.
Clearly, this massive crash was some sort of spiritual attack and God made some good on it but some permanent damage was done.

This year, my fast and prayer can’t end in attack. What do you guys recommend to protect me and my husband ?

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First, stop treating God like a New Year's resolution. He is the Almighty Creator of all things. Show a little respect. Bring him into your daily life. Make God the central focus of your marriage. Encourage each other in this. Support him, and he you. Pray together, go to church together. Take turns doing bible study together. Quit drinking, quit doing the drugs and bad habits. Learn to pray properly. Use the Lord's Prayer as a template, not just a word for word thing you recite. You can't just stop doing "bad things" for 3 weeks then jump right back into doing them. Otherwise, the 3 weeks don't mean nothing. The 3 week fast is meant to bring you closer to the Lord. All the nonsense you add to it, like it is some sort of diet plan to go on every year....that's boloney. Prayer shouldn't end. It should be without ceasing. But all in all, it's going to be ok. God loves you and your husband, just the way you are. He takes you bumps and bruises and all. He needed to chip away some of the "old you" as it were. Keep in mind he is always transforming us to be like him. God has forgiven you. You need to accept that. You need to forgive yourself. Then and only then can you forgive others. Its tough, but it will work out. Sometimes reconciliation isn't always the answer to past friendships either, keep your head up. God has your back.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Mine starts tomorrow through the 23rd. I did one last year.
I learned it from a couple who wanted a baby but health was preventing it and no sooner did they try it... they were pregnant that year.
I think I explained this on here before.
I don’t want to get pregnant... but my desires for my life to be in order are oh so pressing like someone who longs for a baby. So for 3 weeks, I will eat vegan, avoid meat, avoid alcohol, not eat sweets and treats or starchy foods except rice and potatoes .... a very simple diet and for 3 weeks my husband and I will do intensive prayers each morning or night each week about a specific topic, 3 topics each in total.

I did it last year, but last year it got attacked. Yes I finished it, but on the very last day of it, a chance encounter with an old friend I had been wanting to reconcile a falling out with landed me in deep depression over my current circumstances- the lack of forgiveness in my marriage, the ways we mistreat each other... and the depression only worsened after a fight sparked seemingly over nothing and the fight was the worst fight yet.
After that I felt so defeated that within a few weeks I felt driven to move out for 3 months.
Clearly, this massive crash was some sort of spiritual attack and God made some good on it but some permanent damage was done.

This year, my fast and prayer can’t end in attack. What do you guys recommend to protect me and my husband ?

I pray for protection for you both and that the Lord will make it a special time for you culminating with joy.

• Prayers
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0