Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How can I feel damned for 3+ years then? Crying, hyperventilating, psychiatric problems. I cry out to Him but He never answers except to confirm that I’m damned. I mean I have no doubts I KNOW I’m damned and it’s all I ever think about. I did what the rich Ruler did, I can’t be saved. He refused to surrender his possessions and I refused to surrender a relationship :(
Let me ask you this: are you receiving answers from what God says audibly? Or are you reading what God says from the Bible? Because voices may or may not be from God, but the Bible is definitely God’s Word. I would say, trust the Bible over any voices, especially if the voices contradict the Bible. The Bible says anyone can be saved, and God wants none to perish, so I would say that is way more trust worthy than what you’re hearing outside of the Bible.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I can't recall a single case in the Bible in which a person's eternal fate was sealed beyond remedy, if only they would repent. If I were feeling the way you do, instead of trying to run from Jesus I would be running toward Him. How can any sin of ours be greater than the mercy in His shed perfect blood? It is impossible. If you can repent, you can be forgiven.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I hope you’re right but I just figured that Satan’s voice couldn’t possibly be this loud and persistent. It had to be God’s. If it’s not Gods why won’t He rescue me?? This is too much for me I’m going to lose the battle unless God intervenes and He hasn’t all this time.
Friend do you know that satan goes about as a roaring lion. [Loud] God speaks in a still small voice and especially through His word the bible :]

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But see I didn’t just ruin my life, I am damned. I can’t function. I can’t raise my kids.
Did you know that women are saved through childbirth?

That also is scriptural
(Google it)

You brought children into the world. Think about them and even through your fear and doubts, wash your face, get up, and raise them to know the Lord

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I just figured that Satan’s voice couldn’t possibly be this loud and persistent. It had to be God’s. If it’s not Gods why won’t He rescue me??
That is a very dangerous assumption. God's voice is SO often in the minority in this world. The prince of the power of the air is an expert at drowning it out.

That's why any subjective spiritual experience must be verified against the unchanging word of God, the Bible. What does the Bible say?

And without faith it is impossible to please [Him], for he who comes to God must believe that He is and [that] He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. -heb 11.6​

God wants you to believe He will reward your seeking Him. He wants you to believe He is good, that He is powerful enough to save you. He does not want you to run from Him. As with the Prodigal Son of Luke 15, the Father waits longingly, peering into the distance for a sign of your long-awaited return.
Do you realize what that Prodigal Son did against his father? In asking for his share of the inheritance, he was basically saying he wished the father was dead. That's the way it's interpreted in heavily honor-focused cultures in the Middle East. And then he blew the entire fortune in the most shameful way possible. And STILL the father wanted him back. The father even defended him against the complaints of the older brother.
That older brother represents the law, which condemns us. But the father represents the Lord himself, full of love, mercy, forgiveness and grace.
Do NOT disappoint the Father based on something you thought you heard. Is in not possible you have been deceived? If there is even a small chance, is it not wise to seek forgiveness and restoration in the Lord Jesus, rather than go to a fate that He never intended for you?
It is not faith that believes for damnation, it is faith that believes for salvation - the kind of faith that believes God is able to save, and wants to save, just as Heb 11.6 tells us.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever read Dark night of the soul?

Im reaching. But when I was born again, I felt His presence profoundly. I heard His voice and knew by my senses that He was with me.

But then, years later, I couldn’t feel Him, and I faltered and feared

It took me many years of struggling against the truth that all I had to do was “be still and know that He is God” and this was my most sorrowful time. All that work, all that wasted energy, all that fear when all I had to do was rest and simply place my faith rightly in him regardless of how I felt, I thought because I couldn’t feel Him that maybe He had left me.

But when you’re a baby, He holds you close and feeds you His Word until you are ready to be set down. I, however, didn’t want to move. Instead I wanted to climb back into His lap and stay their

But the type of “faith” based on how one feels is not true faith. It isn’t directed on Christ and Him alone. Rather, it is immature because it seeks validation from God based on how we think we should feel.

That’s not true and mature and steadfast faith directed in and on Him and Him alone.

In all season.
Because in seasons of sunshine, when things are easy and well, it is very easy to have faith

But another thing completely, during and through the storms of life

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is a refiner and launderer and purifier of our faith. All for one purpose. That our faith, more precious than gold, though tried in the fire, will prove genuine.

Resulting in His praise and glory alone

It’s faith directed in and on Him alone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Several years ago He asked me to surrender a relationship and go to the miss field. I didn’t obey right away and as I got closer to marrying Ge started telling me that I would go to hell if I married. Well I thought that wasn’t scriptural (it is) so I ignored. As soon as I married I started experiencing psych problems that just worsened over time (fear, paranoia, anxiety, depression, ocd). I also never prayed, read my Bible, or heard Gods voice. One day I did pray that God would show me what was causing my anxiety and depression. He showed me I wasn’t really saved and never could be. There’s a lot of evidence in my life that that is true.

You're not being damned for getting married. It's merely coincidence that god told you that you would be damned if you got married and then you had psyche problems.

It's common knowledge that psyche problems usually appear when people are in their college years.

Love Jesus, don't leave him behind please :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

starryshadows

Feb 6, 2018
USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22 None of the transgressions that he has committed shall be remembered against him; for the righteousness that he has done he shall live. 23 Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?" Ezekiel 18: 21-23

"This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:3 ESV

"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord GOD; so turn, and live.” Ezekiel 18: 32 ESV

Why would God tell you that you are beyond hope and that you are going to hell, when it is His desire that you LIVE and that you come to be saved?

"He (The devil) was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44 NIV

When I feel God speak to me, He speaks to me in a way that is gentle, quiet, and always loving, even when He is showing me I have done wrong. Jesus set me, a terrible sinner who deserves death and hell, free through His blood on the Cross -- He can save you too.

The enemy wants you to believe you are beyond hope. Don't listen to the lies of the devil.

DON'T forget Jesus! Turn to Jesus, pray to Him, repent, and believe what His Word says. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forevermore. His word hasn't changed! So if Jesus has come to save the lost, and He desires that you should live, then whose words are you hearing that says you cannot live, you are beyond hope, you cannot be freed?

Listen to what God's Word has to say.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life." John 5:24

"Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus, whom heaven must receive until the time for restoring all the things about which God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets long ago." Acts 3:19 ESV

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You all know my story. 3+ years ago I found out I was damned. For 2 years I cried in my room. The third year I tried to learn how to function again WITHOUT God. VERY HARD. I would say I failed. I can’t live my life. I cry and hyperventilate all the time, I can’t be a wife or a mother, I can’t work, I can’t cook, I can’t keep house, I can’t do anything. The list goes on. I’m heavily medicated but it doesn’t touch my fear or broken heart. To make matters worse no one understands. My question is how do I forget about God/Jesus so I can move on? I had an encounter with Jesus when God was first revealing Himself to me but I accidentally walked away. There’s so much about getting saved that I didn’t know or understand. Then years later I found out I was damned. So it’s been pretty impossible to forget and move on. I can’t just keep crying for the rest of my life. I have felt awful for so long I just want to know what it feels like to feel good and happy. I ruined my life, I need to move away and start a new one but not until I can stop crying and hyperventilating. I have been crying all day today. How do I forget about HIM? Please help.

God IS love. He loves you this way.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

If you have confessed your sins with a sincere heart He HAS forgiven you and you begin a new life .... ACCEPT His forgiveness. One will still mess up here and there. Your life will change over time.

TRUST in His forgiveness, let the past go and begin a new walk with Him ... day by day.

May the Lord bring peace to your mind and heart. Amen.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But I proved that I don’t love Him by getting married when He told me not to, instead of going to the mission field like He asked. Also, that verse you gave me is for God’s children of which I am not. Sorry.

God will never tell you that you are damned, something i learned is Jesus don't scare people! it was probably another voice not him. Also people make mistakes God is not there judging everything we do to punish us if we do something wrong, he is very patient,
David murdered a person to take his wife, and was forgiven, and this was in the old testament!, why would God condemn you just because a stupid decision, that i don't know if it was a sin even!.

Stop beating your head with the scary stuff and defeat thoughts.
The only sin that is not forgiven is the sin against the holy spirit, and some say that people who do this doens't even care for Jesus anymore.

Jesus doesn't scare people...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember you.

Tell me, why is it you refuse to accept Gods forgiveness when most of us have no problem doing that?

And secondly, best I can tell God told you no such thing, why would he? But even in the unlikely event he did, every single one of us have disobeyed God, and many with a much worse infringements than yours...what made you think your sin so special?

Now if you insist on getting away from God/Christ, as you already know, that is NOT where you're problems end, it's where they begin.

Not sure if we asked you if you have any type of OCD, do you? And please don't take that personally, many here do, and I always thought most of us have at least a touch of it, I know I do.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You all know my story. 3+ years ago I found out I was damned. For 2 years I cried in my room. The third year I tried to learn how to function again WITHOUT God. VERY HARD. I would say I failed. I can’t live my life. I cry and hyperventilate all the time, I can’t be a wife or a mother, I can’t work, I can’t cook, I can’t keep house, I can’t do anything. The list goes on. I’m heavily medicated but it doesn’t touch my fear or broken heart. To make matters worse no one understands. My question is how do I forget about God/Jesus so I can move on? I had an encounter with Jesus when God was first revealing Himself to me but I accidentally walked away. There’s so much about getting saved that I didn’t know or understand. Then years later I found out I was damned. So it’s been pretty impossible to forget and move on. I can’t just keep crying for the rest of my life. I have felt awful for so long I just want to know what it feels like to feel good and happy. I ruined my life, I need to move away and start a new one but not until I can stop crying and hyperventilating. I have been crying all day today. How do I forget about HIM? Please help.

God loves you. God has forgiven you. God is not angry at you. And God will never leave you, nor forsake you.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums