Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of Lori Alexander, she was peddling more nonsense today and got owned for it.

BOOM.png

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of Lori Alexander, she was peddling more nonsense today and got owned for it.

View attachment 271041

What I don't understand is why she doesn't keep silent rather than continuing to preach in public and only speak to her husband at home if she has questions on any of these topics. I suppose she thinks she is above those rules that her particular brand of religion peddles to everyone else.

But yes....p9wn3d!

• Agree
Reactions: Gregorikos
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
never heard of her. which of the quotes are hers?

Lori Alexander is "the Transformed wife" in the Tweet I posted above.

So she said:

"All but a few women want to be obedient to God because they believe His will for them is oppressive. They prefer God’s will for men, so they can decide when they want to have sex, rule their households, be female preachers and support them, and have careers, if they want them."

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ok. I agree with most of that, but not the "oppressive" part. No one is to be oppressive to anyone else.

Of course "oppressive" may vary from person to person.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

So she said:

"All but a few women want to be obedient to God because they believe His will for them is oppressive. They prefer God’s will for men, so they can decide when they want to have sex, rule their households, be female preachers and support them, and have careers, if they want them."

The second quoted sentence is obviously problematic, but the first sentence is odd too. Women want to obey God because they believe God's will is oppressive? Really, folks need to proofread their tweets before sending them out into the world. :confused:

• Agree
Reactions: Gregorikos
Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The second quoted sentence is obviously problematic, but the first sentence is odd too. Women want to obey God because they believe God's will is oppressive? Really, folks need to proofread their tweets before sending them out into the world. :confused:

She didn't express herself well. She is saying that only a few women want to obey God. The rest don't want to obey God because they believe his will for them is oppressive.....instead they want God's will for men.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have known a few church leaders who thought it their job to rule over their congregations with a rod of iron; or working over congregants with a 2x4. (no exaggeration) When i talked to one of the asst pastors of the church my wife and i got married in about the abuse she suffered as a child at the hands of another member of that church, he was serious in telling me i needed to beat the crap out of him.

So I certainly believe some can believe God called them to be oppressive.

• Informative
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
She didn't express herself well. She is saying that only a few women want to obey God. The rest don't want to obey God because they believe his will for them is oppressive.....instead they want God's will for men.
Yup, really didn't express herself well. Is she trying to say: God has one will for women and a different will for men; and God's will for men includes the freedom to choose when to have sex, to choose to enter the priesthood, to choose to work outside the home, and the right to "rule" the family; but God's will for women includes none of these things; and some women want to follow "God's will for men" instead of "God's will for women"? If so...I disagree with almost everything in that sentence, but at least it's a coherent thought now.

Really, really needs to work on that proofreading thing.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and God's will for men includes the freedom to choose when to have sex,
which is the exact opposite of the cultural attitudes of the Jewish writers of the NT. According to 2nd Temple period marriage contracts and the later Mishnah and Talmuds, sex was at the behest of the wife. Minimum amounts were written into the contracts and court documents show the women were willing to have the courts enforce those minimums.
Really, really needs to work on that proofreading thing.
Indeed. I found it confusing.

Upvote 0