Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:doh:When I talk about the physical forces of the universe I'm talking about things like the gravitational, electromagnetic, strong nuclear, and weak nuclear forces. Things you claim are capable of changing at a moments notice.
The whole universe is capable of folding up and disappearing in a day when God ordains it. Lions are capable of eating grass in God's created nature. The forces we see in the temporary nature are not to be taken as the marker for eternity. Sorry.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The whole universe is capable of folding up and disappearing in a day when God ordains it.
Nova has a program about the Science of Origami that does talk about the theory that the universe is unfolding. As compared to theories that the universe is expanding or inflating.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The astronomers say the visible universe is 13.8 billion years old,
the vast distance can prove that. Then, how valid is the Church to insist it is only 6000+ years old?
According to Gerald Schroeder. Each day in Genesis is half the length of the day before. In the Bible we read: "God said" and this takes place at the beginning of the day. Then we read: "God saw that it was good." This takes place at the end of the day. So I accept BOTH YEC and OEC as true from their own perspective. Adam and Eve were real people that lived in a very Real Garden of Eden around 6,000 years ago. This can all be confirmed from our study of History and our study of Science. Math also can be used to confirm how accurate and precise the Bible is.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nova has a program about the Science of Origami that does talk about the theory that the universe is unfolding. As compared to theories that the universe is expanding or inflating.
They sit around folding paper in a room and think that is how the universe must be. Fake news science sits around in a room and uses present state temporary nature and thinks that is how the universe must be. In either case, they should not be taken too seriously. I would think it is akin to a mental illness.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to Gerald Schroeder. Each day in Genesis is half the length of the day before.
Why stop there when making stuff up? How about each day is a million times longer than the day before?

In the Bible we read: "God said" and this takes place at the beginning of the day. Then we read: "God saw that it was good." This takes place at the end of the day. So I accept BOTH YEC and OEC as true from their own perspective.
How would a day or commenting at the end of one of the creation days relate to OEC? Naturally after a creation day God looked at all that was done that day.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They sit around folding paper in a room and think that is how the universe must be.
The science of Origami is based on the Ancient Japanese art of Origami. If you watched the program on Nova that would explain it a lot better then I could. The concept that life or the universe is unfolding is not new. Origami is a model that helps us to understand how this unfolding takes place. There are 10 dimentions and yet they all converge on a single point in time. https://phys.org/news/2014-12-universe-dimensions.html

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He does not make stuff up. First of all he has a Phd in Physics and he has studied the Kabbalah extensively. If you would like to present your version of OEC then give it your best shot.

Gerald Schroeder - Articles - Age of the Universe
Yes, those claiming days are mysteriously longer exponentially or shorter for no apparent reason are making stuff up, no matter what silly degree they have.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The science of Origami is based on the Ancient Japanese art of Origami. If you watched the program on Nova that would explain it a lot better then I could. The concept that life or the universe is unfolding is not new. Origami is a model that helps us to understand how this unfolding takes place. There are 10 dimentions and yet they all converge on a single point in time. https://phys.org/news/2014-12-universe-dimensions.html

Made up dimensions based on false premises, to confuse those who don't know the dif.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have a problem with Physics? Why?
Physics is fine in it's place. Trying to invent alternate universes based on the laws and time and space and realities of earth is not OK.

Maybe God created trillions of other universes who knows? But I would not claim universe exist based on our earth laws.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, those claiming days are mysteriously longer exponentially or shorter for no apparent reason are making stuff up
We are not talking about the physical day being longer or shorter. We are talking about the "days" in Genesis chapter one. Moses tells us in Psalms that a day is 1,000 years. It is a lot easier for me to explain YEC then it is to explain OEC and that is why I leave OEC up to people like Gerald Schroeder that have real Phds and have studied this a lot more then I have. If you want to go by the people that have fake Phd's then don't expect that they are going to have as much understanding. If you want to show me your Phd and tell me what university you got it from then I will be interested in what you have to say because then you would be considered to be an expert. For now until we get a degree of accomplishment then we are little more then students.

Genesis chapter one does talk about when God created the literal physical day your talking about: 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 second or one rotation of the planet earth. Of course you know that there is a spin down rate of the earth over time. The rate is not consistent because of the duel nature of the earth and the moon and the effect of gravity. The Earth is 4.543 billion years old, the Universe is 13.772 billion years / 13.82 billion years according to Planck.

If you look at Genesis chapter 1:2 "And the earth was without form," we already have a earth in the beginning. Science is talking about the beginning of the universe not just the beginning of the earth. There is a lot of time between the beginning of the universe and the beginning of the earth. A lot more then 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds. (9.229 billion years)

Day one "God divided light from the darkness", day two "God divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament:" Day three God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear:

Gerald Schroeder PhD is in nuclear physics and earth and planetary sciences in 1965, from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He also has studied Kabbalah. After he got his Phd in Science.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are not talking about the physical day being longer or shorter. We are talking about the "days" in Genesis chapter one.
Right, where plants were created a few days before the sun. Not like anyone could claim plants lived millions of years waiting for the sun!

Moses tells us in Psalms that a day is 1,000 years.
Well, Adam was made on a certain day. The stars were made to mark time for man. Adam lived so many days and years. Nothing to do with what 1000 yrs is like compared to eternity. If Jesus was killed about the third hour of the day do we use your verse there too? Ridiculous.

It is a lot easier for me to explain YEC then it is to explain OEC and that is why I leave OEC up to people like Gerald Schroeder that have real Phds and have studied this a lot more then I have.
That won't help them. They can't defend it.

If you want to go by the people that have fake Phd's then don't expect that they are going to have as much understanding. If you want to show me your Phd and tell me what university you got it from then I will be interested in what you have to say because then you would be considered to be an expert. For now until we get a degree of accomplishment then we are little more then students.
You seem impressed by paper diplomas. I am impressed with the wisdom of God. I am unimpressed with the wisdom of man, it is foolishness.
Genesis chapter one does talk about when God created the literal physical day your talking about: 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 second or one rotation of the planet earth.
Actually a year may have been 360 days then and the orbits and such different accordingly. The bible says nothing about the minutes you talk about.

Of course you know that there is a spin down rate of the earth over time.
Only where there was time and an earth existing.
The rate is not consistent because of the duel nature of the earth and the moon and the effect of gravity. The Earth is 4.543 billion years old, the Universe is 13.772 billion years / 13.82 billion years according to Planck.
He had no clue what he was talking about. Really. Not when it came to trying to apply his numbers to creation. (unless that is you trying to do that? Ha)
If you look at Genesis chapter 1:2 "And the earth was without form," we already have a earth in the beginning. Science is talking about the beginning of the universe not just the beginning of the earth.
Having an unfinished planet one day has nothing to do with a universe or great time. The stars came after earth.
There is a lot of time between the beginning of the universe and the beginning of the earth.
In your imagination. Not in the bible.
Day one "God divided light from the darkness", day two "God divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament:" Day three God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear:
I comprehend that. Not sure why you posted it or what you think it means though.
Gerald Schroeder PhD is in nuclear physics and earth and planetary sciences in 1965, from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He also has studied Kabbalah. After he got his Phd in Science.
Amazing waste of a life eh? To end up speaking rubbish and foolishness after all that is telling.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right, where plants were created a few days before the sun.
If you're reading the skeptics Bible.

If Jesus was killed about the third hour of the day do we use your verse there too? Ridiculous.
It is significant that Jesus died on the third hour of the day. Just like it is significant that He rose again on the third day. You should do a study on all the scriptures that use the two words: third & day.

The bible says nothing about the minutes you talk about.
The Bible talks about the perfect day: Prov 4 18 "But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day." Right now we are about 4 minutes less than a 24 hour day. The spin rate of the earth is slowing down so the perfect day would be exactly 24 hours and the perfect year could be exactly 360 days.

He had no clue what he was talking about.
So people with Phd's are "ridiculous", "they can not defend what they believe" and "they do not know what they are talking about." Be careful how you judge others because you may be judging yourself and projecting that out on them. Matthew 7 2 :"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you."

Not in the bible.
I have shown again and again that there is no conflict between the Bible and Science. Science is based on a study of the natural evidence that God has given to us. We do not have perfect understanding. Paul says "For now we see through a glass, darkly". This is not yet the perfect day when our understanding will be perfected. Our understanding of Science and our understanding of the Written Word of God.

Amazing waste of a life eh?
I never thought about how a whole life being wasted. If and when we serve God He causes all things to work out for the best. Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." It is not my place to judge who is and who is not saved. That is the job of the Angles at the end of this age.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you're reading the skeptics Bible.

It is significant that Jesus died on the third hour of the day. Just like it is significant that He rose again on the third day. You should do a study on all the scriptures that use the two words: third & day.
As significant as it may be He still died at that time.
The Bible talks about the perfect day: Prov 4 18 "But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day." Right now we are about 4 minutes less than a 24 hour day. The spin rate of the earth is slowing down so the perfect day would be exactly 24 hours and the perfect year could be exactly 360 days.
The word can be used that way.
So people with Phd's are "ridiculous", "they can not defend what they believe" and "they do not know what they are talking about." Be careful how you judge others because you may be judging yourself and projecting that out on them. Matthew 7 2 :"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you."
Judging truth from lies is what we can do, not judging people. PHDs are worthless when it comes to Scripture truth...less than worthless, as they engender doubts.
I have shown again and again that there is no conflict between the Bible and Science. Science is based on a study of the natural evidence that God has given to us.
It is based on assuming the present natural existed in the past actually for all origins issues.

We do not have perfect understanding. Paul says "For now we see through a glass, darkly". This is not yet the perfect day when our understanding will be perfected. Our understanding of Science and our understanding of the Written Word of God.
We need belief to believe in creation, not some perfect understanding.

I never thought about how a whole life being wasted. If and when we serve God He causes all things to work out for the best. Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." It is not my place to judge who is and who is not saved. That is the job of the Angles at the end of this age.
?? WE will judge angels, not them us!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As significant as it may be He still died at that time.
John tells us that: "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. John 21:25. I can not imagine that there would be anything in the Bible that did not have meaning and significance. Because there clearly is a LOT that is not in the Bible. Like Schroder says there are 32 verses in Genesis chapter one and there are hundreds of thousands of science books that explain what we read about in those 32 verses.
PHDs are worthless when it comes to Scripture truth
We need to study history, science and the Bible. We need to be an expert in all three. The problem is when someone wants to study one more than the other two and they get out of balance that way. We may run into people that have a phd level of science yet they can not even function at a third grade level in their understanding of the Bible. These are the people that need to be challenged to grow in their understanding.
?? WE will judge angels, not them us!
I should have given you the passage I was referring to Matthew 13:39 "The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels." "First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn." (13:30)

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
John tells us that: "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. John 21:25. I can not imagine that there would be anything in the Bible that did not have meaning and significance. Because there clearly is a LOT that is not in the Bible.
So we should what, ask you what was missing!? No matter what else could not fit in the bible, it would not change what a day is or what time of the day someone died.

Like Schroder says there are 32 verses in Genesis chapter one and there are hundreds of thousands of science books that explain what we read about in those 32 verses.
Great, so what we we also need his book for?? Third rate guesswork?

We need to study history, science and the Bible. We need to be an expert in all three.
We actually need to become as little children and actually believe. A lot of those know it alls and jack of all worldly wisdom types are just confused egotists.

I should have given you the passage I was referring to Matthew 13:39 "The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels." "First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn." (13:30)
Just because angels gather wicked together and separate wheat from tares doesn't mean they judge us. They are more like sheriffs, that bring the Christ rejectors to court to be judged.

Upvote 0
Nov 29, 2016
USA
✟18,166.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
To me, the question has been settled by Hugh Ross and the folks at Reasons to Believe (reasons.org). They do a beautiful job of reconciling the creation stories in Genesis and Job and Psalms with the science that is being done in top notch universities today (which actually goes back to the attitude of many scientists of previous times who were trying to unfold the splendors and wonder of God's creation). Hugh Ross was himself a research professor at Cal Tech before he started Reasons to Believe back in the 80s. I just wish that I had been aware of Reasons to Believe long before I became aware of it, because the explanations are so elegant and have proven to be so accurate and we don't have to make up these stretches of imagination about how to force Genesis to mean something inaccurate. In fact, they have posited that using the Bible is the best guide for trying to understand the findings in various sciences (cosmology, anthropology, genetics, etc.) and have made a pretty good case for it. As another point of validation for the traditional scientific community (PhDs, etc.) it is interesting to note the the Nobel Prize winner Richard Smalley was so taken by the writings of Hugh Ross that he converted, and Hugh Ross spoke at the funeral of Dr. Smalley.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To me, the question has been settled by Hugh Ross and the folks at Reasons to Believe (reasons.org). They do a beautiful job of reconciling the creation stories in Genesis and Job and Psalms with the science that is being done in top notch universities today (which actually goes back to the attitude of many scientists of previous times who were trying to unfold the splendors and wonder of God's creation). Hugh Ross was himself a research professor at Cal Tech before he started Reasons to Believe back in the 80s. I just wish that I had been aware of Reasons to Believe long before I became aware of it, because the explanations are so elegant and have proven to be so accurate and we don't have to make up these stretches of imagination about how to force Genesis to mean something inaccurate. In fact, they have posited that using the Bible is the best guide for trying to understand the findings in various sciences (cosmology, anthropology, genetics, etc.) and have made a pretty good case for it. As another point of validation for the traditional scientific community (PhDs, etc.) it is interesting to note the the Nobel Prize winner Richard Smalley was so taken by the writings of Hugh Ross that he converted, and Hugh Ross spoke at the funeral of Dr. Smalley.
Hugh Ross nonsense is offensive to the intelligence and the bible far as I am concerned.

Upvote 0